Topic: Is it known?

Why is Kelly C always alone? I mean, not all alone, but her story is separated from the rest?
Is it because of her dragons?

Re: Is it known?

You have not read the books?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."

GodZionu wrote:

I have not, nor do I intend to, so feel free to spoil if you wish.

i think he may be referencing for some kind of parody of GoT, because he said "Kelly C", and that's a parody of Dany. But if you are jokingly writing "Kelly C" because it's funny, then answer would be, because she had to escape the seven kingdom when she was just a baby. now she tries to get back to there from the first episode of season 1, and win back the throne what belongs to her(at least she thinks that, a lot of people seem to think that iron throne belongs to them).

I'm sorry, that name was just used in an endearing way, I was not aware of any parodies, except for a series of pictures of the characters someone did. So she's trying to get back? She must be very very far away to not have managed to get back yet?

yeah, there are complications.  first one is, that there's a sea between her and seven kingdom. second she's in very hostile part of the world. deserts are never nice place for a lady big_smile
also she needs an army to take the throne back.

to get a better picture of locations:
everyone else is on the left land,
she's on the right http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-X0-d8-egv_U/T … BEssos.png

and the right land is that big: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/7/7b/ … steros.png

I see. Thank you, I guess I just didn't realize how far away she travelled in the first episodes when she went there.

9 (edited by drizzel 2012-11-28 08:36:22)

I will try to be more specific on my view of what has happened to Daenerys and why she is in another land splitted by a big sea and why she cant return just yet.

Spoiler

14 years before the book starts (might be 16 years in the tv show to make the actors older) there was a rebellion in the 7 kingdoms that led to Robert Baratheon taking the throne. Before that it was the Targaryens who held the power for a few hundred years. During this rebellion all the Targeryens was killed except for Danaerys (1 year old) and Viserys (3 years old) who have lived in refugee on the other side of the sea protected by loyalists and/or people who have tried to ride on their powers.

Now when they are older Viserys wants his throne back and with the help of others sells his sister to Khal Drogo in exchange for the use of his army to take back his throne. The Targaryens are cursed by generations of incest and now they are usually born as either insane or as a genius (sometimes both) and Viserys clearly got the insane part down wich is his downfall.

With his death Drogo promises the throne to his wife Daenerys and they set out to take it back. Now that is a really long journey and Drogos people are good warriors and they like to kill and rape and plunder wich leads to Drogo getting injured and dying. Most of the others dont want to be ruled by a weak woman like Daynerys so they leave to seek out other clans to join but a few stay with her.

Now she has just gotten her dragons but they are still young and quite useless for anything but gloating and showing off. They are a small group loyal to Daenerys but they are out in the middle of a big desert so they struggle to survive but eventually they reach a town. At that time her name is not well received but her dragons makes her interesting enough for one person to save her group, of course with the intention of using her name and the dragons to get more power for themself.

Daenerys is starting to become the leader she needs to be in order to take the throne back. She is learning that people want to take advantage of her and if she wants to succeed she needs to be the one to take advantage of others. She knows about the war in Westeros and that she got a good chance to reclaim the throne now but to do that she will need a big army. Some tell her that the people of Westeros will rise up behind her and she believed so herself before but now she is starting to think that it will not be that easy. If she want that to happen she will need to show them that she is worthy first.

So that is where we stand on Daenerys going into season 3 of the tv show. She got a small loyal group behind her. She got young dragons that cant do anything but that gives her influence she might use when trying to get an army to back her claim (in season 2 she kept nagging about needing the ships too as it takes some time to travel over the sea to Westeros.) Season 2 was a testament that noone will give her anything for free but she needs to find some other way to get money or otherwise obtain an army and she needs to learn how to play the game of thrones in order to be a real contestant.
They have also hinted that there are people at the court who have been helping Daenerys (and her brother when he was alive) that continue to try and pull strings to make her return to the throne possible. The Spider Varys works hard to make it a possibility and one scene from season 1 shows Varys talking with Grand Maester Pycelle (when Arya Stark is chasing cats and gets lost) about making it possible for Daenerys to return.

In Season three i expect Daenerys will start to get an army and her dragons will grow bigger but it will probably not be possible for them to take part in battle yet. I was thinking Daenerys will be able to return to Westeros and fight for the crown once the dragons are big enough to challenge an army. Tyrion told us that a few hundred years ago there were people who could ride on dragons and it was that power that gave the Targaryens the throne in the first place, so i will assume that Daenerys will be able to do that later on and maybe she will be able to find someone else to ride the other two dragons.

apples wrote:
GodZionu wrote:

I have not, nor do I intend to,

why not?

"Avenge Me."

"... sells her sister...", not her daugter.

Myka : You slept with her didn't you ?
Pete : Well... you... you told me to investigate ok ? So... she's unarmed.

GodZionu wrote:

why not?

Well, my "to read"-list is already too long, and fantasy books seldom pique my curiosity enough.

Drizzel, wow, thanks, that explains a lot actually smile

apples wrote:
GodZionu wrote:

why not?

Well, my "to read"-list is already too long, and fantasy books seldom pique my curiosity enough.

i understand.

just to "spoil" the books for you. Martin writes those books better than those screenwriters did on the show. more drama and way better drama.

"Avenge Me."

I am really glad i read the books. I bought the first two but had them in the bookshelf for over a year until a dear friend said i should give them a go. I would advice anyone to try them but then again reading books isnt for everyone. But if you have an interesting in reading then these books should be put very high on that list. You will not regret it.

drizzel wrote:

You will not regret it.

Until you are finished with them and have no idea when the next one is coming out tongue

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=b4af378509fce99227a8710aac14916e

drizzel wrote:

I am really glad i read the books. I bought the first two but had them in the bookshelf for over a year until a dear friend said i should give them a go. I would advice anyone to try them but then again reading books isnt for everyone. But if you have an interesting in reading then these books should be put very high on that list. You will not regret it.

Yeah i insist them to all who havent read them too, their reading was mindblowing for me.

My Watchlist
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=8df04488f42411d9eab75dead36fb302