Topic: Underbelly

Underbelly

http://i.imgur.com/WpFRb.jpg

Season 5 of this great Australian show starts on Monday night anyone else watch these.
Each system is based on a different crime boss, all from different eras through out Australian history.

I love them and was surprised to find they don't have their own thread.

Anyone else watch these??

Underbelly on IMDB

Re: Underbelly

Looks interesting,
I have to admit the last thing i enjoyed from down under was Prisoner cell block H big_smile
Some time ago that....

God i feel old  sad

Deke wrote:

Looks interesting,
I have to admit the last thing i enjoyed from down under was Prisoner cell block H big_smile
Some time ago that....

God i feel old  sad

Never seen/heard of that show Deke!  yikes
Just had to check wiki to see what it was

Deke wrote:

Looks interesting,
Some time ago that....

God i feel old  sad

That show was THE SHIT in all of Sweden back in the late 90s. It became cult and aired in its full series atleast two times. Funny thing about it is also that it looked liked it was made in the 70s but it was not. If you really are old you also watched "The flying doctors" before that smile

One recent aussie show i have been watching is Laid. It is kinda funny, and really weird. Try that.

Haven't watch the fourth series sor far but the first two was great. Really enjoyed them. The third was ok but not as good.

Last year Underbelly Razor was a real period piece (late 1920s to mid-1930s). Not bad. Some great performances. This years Underbelly is only 8 (rather than 13) eps and covers stuff that happened in the last decade.

first 2 eps have been good, was going to save them and watch the 8 over a weekend but couldnt wait  smile  smile

Episode 5 of Badness

+ show spoiler

Sad it happened but you just knew they would get to him  or his family one way or another  sad

I can't believe more people dont watch this show, seems like its only me!!  sad

Love this show! Will there be a season 6?

mapu wrote:

Love this show! Will there be a season 6?

Facebook page said there would be after last one aired no word on which story it would be yet though

http://channelnine.9msn.com.au/img/comingsoon/2012/Squizzy1.jpg
Underbelly: Squizzy

The sixth season of Underbelly depicts the rise and fall of one of Australia's most notorious 20th Century gangsters, Squizzy Taylor. It shows how Squizzy became one of the most feared criminals in Melbourne at the time and his eventual death, which was also depicted in Underbelly: Razor. Justin Rosniak, who played Squizzy in Razor, will not reprise his role in the new series; instead Jared Daperis will take on the role. An exact date is yet to be announced but it is strongly rumoured to air after June.

Going to be 8 eps, no set date yet though

It's finally here: Underbelly Squizzy premieres Sunday July 28th at 8.30pm on Channel 9.

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Good news!

So how does Al Bundy really like this show?

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

Yes pumkin. Now go fetch me a beer  wink

Its back tonight!!  big_smile

4 eps into Squizzy not sure its as good as the previous seasons, I think its because its set in the 1920s it doesn't have the shock factor other seasons have had