Re: 1x09 Baelor

By the way, did anyone wonder how the 2000 stark men went into a losing battle? i mean, did they willingly went to their graves? or were they used?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … nzEgA#at=1

This will make you feel better.

shabby wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … nzEgA#at=1

This will make you feel better.

Availer wrote:

By the way, did anyone wonder how the 2000 stark men went into a losing battle? i mean, did they willingly went to their graves? or were they used?

if i remember from the book, they volunteered. for the greater good.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."

My bad.

I watched the last scene a couple of times. It gets better with each watching.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Orlando wrote:

so if you watch it more and more, he will live finally?

"Avenge Me."

GodZionu wrote:
Orlando wrote:

so if you watch it more and more, he will live finally?

Eh I wish.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

since i diden't knew the books i was hoping for a *swoosh* sound for a saving arrow but then came the *chop* sound and i thought oops

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

GodZionu wrote:
Availer wrote:

Brave men

Availer wrote:
GodZionu wrote:
Availer wrote:

Brave men

well in a way i can understand em.
I you are a simple man, with simple needs and you belive that there might be something better in aftelife, and everything here is pure shit. landlords want more rent money, wife naggs all the time that children do not have enough to eat, then why not volunteer to go to certain death?

"Avenge Me."

Now it gets interesting :>

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." C.B.
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_1672.gif

38 (edited by Exodus 2011-06-15 17:45:49)

The ending nearly did me over, i was fucking mad for hours, and even woke up at night pissed off about Ned.

I did not see this coming at all.

Ned was the MAIN character, the person around which everything revolves, if he dies whats the point...

But then, like so often in this series one stops to think about the way its being told, and ofc i realise, its not about him, it never was.

Its about the kids.
But telling their story is impossible without getting to know their father.
How else would u explain how such diverse characters could remain honorable and united in such a corrupt world.
We NEEDED to know Eddard Stark, what kind of man he was, why he lived, and why he died.
And through that knowledge we will understand his children.

As always the characters actions makes perfect sense in retrospect, though I keep getting surprised while watching.

I cant think of a better Television show ive ever seen.

-Exo

Judging by all the comments about Eddard Stark i'm sure writer has accomplished his mission.  cool

"Avenge Me."

Exodus wrote:

But then, like so often in this series one stops to think about the way its being told, and ofc i realise, its not about him, it never was.

Its about the kids.

I think they they just showed that there is no main character. Many are used to tell the story but it is the battle for the throne that is the center of the story. That is at least how i see it.

It took me completely by surprise, I agree with Exodus, I thought he was the main character..wow I guess all bets are off now.

Kinda glad now I haven't read the book, its very rare that a TV show or movie actually surprises me.

I envy you that surprise, I read the books earlier so no surprise now. However, I had one really bad evening some time ago (after I read that part of the book).

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

43 (edited by soleron 2011-06-16 01:59:25)

I didn't see that coming too...i was thinking something would happen and he won't die...but at last..

My Watchlist
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=8df04488f42411d9eab75dead36fb302

9thRequiem wrote:

Tyrion is even more awesome here than in the books - the part is very well acted. Shae was a lot more confidant and mysterious than I expected, but that's actually much better.

I agree, I loved his reaction when Shae said her accent was 'foreign'

Tyrion is a "small" God hehe

My Watchlist
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=8df04488f42411d9eab75dead36fb302

it's been mentioned here several times, but the cast is just simply awesome.

"Avenge Me."

drizzel wrote:
Exodus wrote:

Its about the kids.

I think they they just showed that there is no main character. Many are used to tell the story but it is the battle for the throne that is the center of the story. That is at least how i see it.

Well here is my opinion about that.

Ofcourse u are right, the show is about the world and what goes on in it, around the throne.
But thats like saying CSI is about police investigations, or Sopranos about Italian american private business owners.
There is a main character for a reason, he is our emotional attachement, our eyes to the world, he or she reprents us, and our point of view, somewhat.

Having ONE main character makes that part easy and straightforward, but most shows today split the attention between at least 2 or 3, with a few shows (like Lost) branching out into the multiple protagonist sphere...

And I think we will continue to stick with the Starks, I think they are our vessels, and following their family will become the focus of our EMOTIONAL involvement, even though we tend to branch out to stoic Horselords and charismatic dwarfs, most of those connections will continue to be made aware to us, primarily by their relations to the Stark family.

-Exo

48 (edited by drizzel 2011-06-16 06:32:12)

Exodus wrote:
Spoiler
drizzel wrote:
Exodus wrote:

Its about the kids.

Ofcourse u are right, the show is about the world and what goes on in it, around the throne.
But thats like saying CSI is about police investigations, or Sopranos about Italian american private business owners.
There is a main character for a reason, he is our emotional attachement, our eyes to the world, he or she reprents us, and our point of view, somewhat.

Having ONE main character makes that part easy and straightforward, but most shows today split the attention between at least 2 or 3, with a few shows (like Lost) branching out into the multiple protagonist sphere...

And I think we will continue to stick with the Starks, I think they are our vessels, and following their family will become the focus of our EMOTIONAL involvement, even though we tend to branch out to stoic Horselords and charismatic dwarfs, most of those connections will continue to be made aware to us, primarily by their relations to the Stark family.

-Exo

That might be your opinion or maybe even your guess. From reading the books that is not my experience at all. Up until when Ned gets killed that might be true but after that the story moves in several different directions and there is no main character. Saying more would probably lead to starting to give away spoilers. Sometimes they will be driving the plot or subplots forward. Other times they will be a fly on the wall while bigger things are taking place and other characters drive the plot. The same could be said about several other characters in the book so singling out the Starks doesnt make sense to me and doesnt make them more main characters than anyone else who got a point of view in the books.

I dont see the point in comparing it to CSI or the Sopranos as they dont have anything in common to how the story is being told.

drizzel wrote:
Exodus wrote:
drizzel wrote:

-Exo

That might be your opinion or maybe even your guess. From reading the books that is not my experience at all. Up until when Ned gets killed that might be true but after that the story moves in several different directions and there is no main character. Saying more would probably lead to starting to give away spoilers. Sometimes they they will be driving the plot or subplots forward. Other times they will be a fly on the wall while bigger things are taking place. The same could be said about several other characters in the book so singling out the Starks doesnt make sense to me and doesnt make them more main characters than anyone else who got a point of view in the books.

I dont see the point in comparing it to CSI as they dont have anything in common to how the story is being told.

Sorry i stopped reading after "From reading the books".
I have not read the books, this is my guess, and have no desire to be spoiled even unintentionally.

Sorry.

-Exo

Availer wrote:

ye, they were old and used, and their warranty was already expired so what the hell, sent them to their glorious death....

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...