26

Re: Torchwood

That's the webepisode I mentioned earlier in the year. I'll probably be (unimportant) story line bits.

Off-Topic:
You can get away with calling a PhD a job, as you get paid while doing it, well at least you do here over in the UK. What's the PhD based on?

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

27

Re: Torchwood

Yeah, what Mike said.  I found that bit of American law to be quite believable - I don't know if I've just watched too many American law shows, but they seem to be very good at manipulating the constitution and the law in general to get it to mean whatever they want.  wink  Apologies to any Americans who may be around if I'm guilty of some gross generalisation there.

And Halo beat me to my question, mayazici - what field do you plan to be an academic in?

28

Re: Torchwood

I'm an electronics enginner. Specifically, I'm working on computer networks and performance evaluation, math stuff. I have a scholarship, so you could say I have a job at least in UK terms. Wow, that felt good saying. big_smile It's a gray area here so I don't get to say very often that I have a job.

29

Re: Torchwood

FYI
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/07/dw … -lies.html

Torchwood: Web of Lies - Episode 1, Ties in with the new series, Kinda sucks thoe....

30

Re: Torchwood

Considering it's less than 5 minutes long, I'm kinda dissapointed by the fact that the first minute is the credits......

31

Re: Torchwood

Thats exactly what I thought, I saw 5M and then skipped, and skipped, and skipped.... and now its a 3M WebEpp.

Also, the animation is crap. Im not a comic book guy (I like the Star Wars Animation) but this is crap.

32

Re: Torchwood

I hear there's a US version and a UK version. Is there any difference, has anyone seen both?

33

Re: Torchwood

Hey guys!

My name's Kimmy, and I'm actually working with Starz to help get the word out about Torchwood: Miracle Day - glad to see so much interest! I just wanted to give you all a heads-up that Starz will be streaming the first episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day for FREE starting at 12:01 AM ET/PT on July 8th on the show's page, so now you've got no excuse to miss out!

The episode will be available from 7/8 – 8/21 on Starz.com.

We've also got a Foursquare page up and running - check it out, follow us, and stay tuned for some big news coming soon!

Like I said, I'm working with Starz - if you have any questions about Torchwood (aside from spoiler requests:) ) just let me know!

34

Re: Torchwood

kimmyfanscape wrote:

Hey guys!

My name's Kimmy, and I'm actually working with Starz to help get the word out about Torchwood: Miracle Day - glad to see so much interest! I just wanted to give you all a heads-up that Starz will be streaming the first episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day for FREE starting at 12:01 AM ET/PT on July 8th on the show's page, so now you've got no excuse to miss out!

The episode will be available from 7/8 – 8/21 on Starz.com.

We've also got a Foursquare page up and running - check it out, follow us, and stay tuned for some big news coming soon!

Like I said, I'm working with Starz - if you have any questions about Torchwood (aside from spoiler requests:) ) just let me know!


spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers...

nah... just kidding... good show tho - torchwood, i mean....

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

35 (edited by XtazyMike 2011-07-16 08:03:10)

Re: Torchwood

mayazici wrote:

I hear there's a US version and a UK version. Is there any difference, has anyone seen both?

There aren't two version...
The 4th season is a BBC (U.K) and Starz (U.S) co-production.
In order to keep the show alive , the shifted the storyline to the U.S...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6336/neuserbar1.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=2eaef4368573d410af8aec9cef95ee25

36

Re: Torchwood

I just saw the second episode of "Miracle day" and so far my thoughts are : VERY different from Doctor Who yet somehow has managed to capture the same sense of "fun" in a more american way (which isnt necessarily a good thing, but good enough).

Interpret that as you may tongue. I like it and in the summer "season" it is the show I look the most forward to every week. Everything else sci-fi running right now is bull**** in comparison (not that I expect others to agree with me, as that raerly happens).

37

Re: Torchwood

Wholeheartedly agree about the "no sci fi" comment....


That said: It seems that TV.com has changed the name of the show to "Torchwood: Miracle Day". So I guess a mod will have to do something funky to get it running here again.

38

Re: Torchwood

Twisteddk wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree about the "no sci fi" comment....


That said: It seems that TV.com has changed the name of the show to "Torchwood: Miracle Day". So I guess a mod will have to do something funky to get it running here again.

Yeah they made another page for it different from the one of the show. They do that sometimes.
I'm on it.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

39

Re: Torchwood

Ok done : Here's a new page for Torchwood : Miracle Day !

Add it to your watchlists :
http://next-episode.net/torchwood-miracle-day

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

40

Re: Torchwood

I quite like "Toichwood", even if it had a kinda shaky start in the first season. It is the least DocWho of the DocWho spin offs, being targeted at the "adults secure with their own sexuality" demographic, rather than the Scooby Doo feeling one got from the Sarah Jane Adventures (God rest her soul). The thing I like about Torchwood is that it can be really really really reeeeeeeally dark and yet keep the fun. The sort of thing people sometimes forget that, if life and death are your everyday job, one uysually develops a dark sense of humor to deal with that (and/or romanticezes their own adventures - JKRowlings and GRRMartin get this part very much well by clashing the true nature of their heros adventures with the way others tell of them - Tolkien started this with ther red book -  anyway, I digress). Summer SciFi shows IMO are usually better than the ones in the fall, where they try to hard to be apocalyptic and serious and "about stuff". The "about stuff" part is always there, but it shouldn't be pressed on the publics face like the crotch os a stripper.

Everybody lives, just this once, everybody lives!

41

Re: Torchwood

Spyder23 wrote:

Ok done : Here's a new page for Torchwood : Miracle Day !

Add it to your watchlists :
http://next-episode.net/torchwood-miracle-day

Why is Miracle Day an own show? Isn't it season 4 of Torchwood?

42

Re: Torchwood

Because TV.com did the same thing that Starz did. Took it as a new show.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

43

Re: Torchwood

Interesting article about sex scenes in the new Torchwood: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/torch … dcast.html

So because of the difference between American cable and primetime BBC it's the UK who are being a little more prudish for a change.

I have to love something John Barrowman says in the video interview: "I get to shoot in more way than one".  lol

44

Re: Torchwood

A little outdated but finally got time to come to the forums.

I don't know the law in other countries but I watch enough US shows and I live in the US to know for a fact that the guy getting set free is something that could happen since our law is manipulated so much to suite what ever purpose. It only takes one incident here for something to become a president which can be used to push the law further and further away from it's intended purpose. His sentence was to be executed, but since no one can die and they tried and failed his sentence was served. Since no one can die Cruel and Unusually punishment keeps him out of jail which isn't it's intended purpose but it's one of those loop-holes everyone so good at finding.

The shows been good not as good as Children of Earth though

45

Re: Torchwood

I didn't watch Torchwood before so if I start watching Torchwood: Miracle Day do I still will know what's going on? or there is no sense to watch it  without watching previous season?

46

Re: Torchwood

wachu13 wrote:

I didn't watch Torchwood before so if I start watching Torchwood: Miracle Day do I still will know what's going on? or there is no sense to watch it  without watching previous season?

not only do you need to watch previous seasons, you also need to watch doctor who (2005)...

well, it's not absolutely necessary, but recomended...

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

47

Re: Torchwood

wachu13 wrote:

I didn't watch Torchwood before so if I start watching Torchwood: Miracle Day do I still will know what's going on? or there is no sense to watch it  without watching previous season?

No you don't, but you'll probably want to. RThere are references about a lot of people who died, the previous seasons actually SHOW that. Also, If you whatch Doctor Who (2005-2006 seasons) you'll end up underestanding why Jack is Jack and why he is/was/will become again immortal.

Everybody lives, just this once, everybody lives!

48

Re: Torchwood

Rwings wrote:

His sentence was to be executed, but since no one can die and they tried and failed his sentence was served. Since no one can die Cruel and Unusually punishment keeps him out of jail which isn't it's intended purpose but it's one of those loop-holes everyone so good at finding.

To be honest, unless he's meant to be like it, I think the poison got to him a bit before the miracle happened, he sounds like he's partially had a stroke.

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

49

Re: Torchwood

Halo2 wrote:

To be honest, unless he's meant to be like it, I think the poison got to him a bit before the miracle happened, he sounds like he's partially had a stroke.

True enough ... I guess once this is reverted, all the people who should've died will, and he will just drop dead and rot on the spot.

Everybody lives, just this once, everybody lives!

50

Re: Torchwood

great to see Newman again:D and also this season is awesome in many other ways, like that they shifted the series to the U.S. It just makes sense, there are more aliens in America:P
I have followed the show since the first season started and i just kept on watching trough the second season because it was a small chance it would be relevant to Doctor Who.
The third season is still the best science fiction i have seen(Great concept and great production), but I'm hoping this season could be even better, at least they are of to a great start:D

I still cant believe it, Newman as a bad guy:D after this I am gonna watch some Seinfeld:D

Drake: Are the restraints really necessary?
Kellogg: Archer broke both Wu’s arms. While shouting “Woo!”
Archer: Happy accident.