Re: Terra Nova

Am I the only one who is looking forward to watch this show?

I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and good actors, just love the "dinosaur age"
Please let this be damn good!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=133ba59597f9a4f2f96f73177a621cd8

Re: Terra Nova

Moze wrote:

Am I the only one who is looking forward to watch this show?

I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and good actors, just love the "dinosaur age"
Please let this be damn good!

the trailer for falling skies also looked extremely promising. and look what came out.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Terra Nova

GodZionu wrote:
Moze wrote:

Am I the only one who is looking forward to watch this show?

I'm hoping it will have interesting characters and good actors, just love the "dinosaur age"
Please let this be damn good!

the trailer for falling skies also looked extremely promising. and look what came out.

the trailer for falling skies looked way better than that piece of crap ....

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=d81744120f9841d13e7bfa051761995a

Re: Terra Nova

I'll give it a few episodes just like Falling Skies. I didn't really care for it either for the first few episodes, but now I find it quite adequate.

Re: Terra Nova

toidol wrote:

I'll give it a few episodes just like Falling Skies. I didn't really care for it either for the first few episodes, but now I find it quite adequate.

Falling Skies? "Adequate"?

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Terra Nova

Its difficult to say how good the show will be based on this alone.
But lets be honest, it looks TERRIBLE.
Lets start with the fact that going back in time to 85 million years ago to restart civilization sounds like something the writers came up with while smoking weed as it makes no sense, not to mention that a 6 year old can point out the paradox with that concept.

But then again we are living in a new age of sci-fi television, the formulas have changed and we have yet to see what makes a show these days.
Also it has to be said, Lost was a show about survivors on an island, but despite its initial premise the show went entirely in a different direction.

Would be pretty awesome if they did something like that tbh.

-Exo

Re: Terra Nova

65 million years ago there was an impact with a comet on earth that wiped out most of the life. what is the point of building a civilization that will eventually fail?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Terra Nova

GodZionu wrote:

65 million years ago there was an impact with a comet on earth that wiped out most of the life. what is the point of building a civilization that will eventually fail?

well they have 20 million years time to leave earth or travel back in time again or build some comet interceptormissiles or stuff like that wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=d81744120f9841d13e7bfa051761995a

34 (edited by Hr. Ulottuvuus 2011-08-03 11:53:33)

Re: Terra Nova

mcpotolos wrote:
GodZionu wrote:

65 million years ago there was an impact with a comet on earth that wiped out most of the life. what is the point of building a civilization that will eventually fail?

well they have 20 million years time to leave earth or travel back in time again or build some comet interceptormissiles or stuff like that wink


yea, and life expectacy of any given species is on average a million years, so human race dies out 19 million years before the comet...

Exodus wrote:

...
Lets start with the fact that going back in time to 85 million years ago to restart civilization sounds like something the writers came up with while smoking weed as it makes no sense, not to mention that a 6 year old can point out the paradox with that concept...

it sounds no wierder than two realitys colliding, or that human race is from outerspace or that we need some stuff called unobtanium from a moon called pandora... time travel is one of the oldest forms of sci-fi, so nothing new there...

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

Re: Terra Nova

Orlando wrote:
toidol wrote:

I'll give it a few episodes just like Falling Skies. I didn't really care for it either for the first few episodes, but now I find it quite adequate.

Falling Skies? "Adequate"?

Well, it's no BSG, but entertaining enough to stay. Especially the last two episodes. I wouldn't call it great, not really, but it does have a lot of potential.

Re: Terra Nova

Hr. Ulottuvuus wrote:
mcpotolos wrote:
GodZionu wrote:

65 million years ago there was an impact with a comet on earth that wiped out most of the life. what is the point of building a civilization that will eventually fail?

well they have 20 million years time to leave earth or travel back in time again or build some comet interceptormissiles or stuff like that wink


yea, and life expectacy of any given species is on average a million years, so human race dies out 19 million years before the comet...

Exodus wrote:

...
Lets start with the fact that going back in time to 85 million years ago to restart civilization sounds like something the writers came up with while smoking weed as it makes no sense, not to mention that a 6 year old can point out the paradox with that concept...

it sounds no wierder than two realitys colliding, or that human race is from outerspace or that we need some stuff called unobtanium from a moon called pandora... time travel is one of the oldest forms of sci-fi, so nothing new there...

It's Sci-Fi, folks. Just accept the premise and save yourselves the headache of trying to apply logic to it. wink

Re: Terra Nova

I am nervous about watching things where Steven Spielberg been involved in lately. Transformers feels like blasphemy towards what transformers once was and falling skies was a disappointment.

Right now i am wondering if they can save the show even if Spielberg is involved in it. Or maybe the other projects turned out badly cause Spielberg was saving all his old magic and good stuff for this show.

I am carefully looking forward to it knowing it might be bad.

Re: Terra Nova

Here's a interesting article : http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/05/how-t … ly-effect/

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Terra Nova

Well okay thats good that they changed it. But well a series that starts off with faulty logic, im not seeing anything good coming from it, just like the crapfest falling skies is.
Although i will definatly watch it cause of the era its set in, i still hope spielberg comes with something good and not the usual storylines he doesnt like to digress from.

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." C.B.
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_1672.gif

Re: Terra Nova

Ohh boy....
where do I start.
first of all i did not watch any spoilers, teasers or read any articles about it.
so just finished watching the pilot. from the first seconds when i saw FOX logo i knew this show is gonna fail. and surprise, surprise it did. yet another pointless family drama. same shit different title/location as so many show's before.
i'm tired of this shit they show in tv nowadays. like i have mentioned many times before. if i wanna see real life on tv i just go outside or read the news.
special selected people go back 85 million years.
and they still bring their same problems they have with them. and they were specially selected. where is the logic here.
i do not wanna sound like a racist, but what's up with the cast? 95% of the people are non white.
i don't think i saw any blond hair on anyone.
nice CGI tho. if it's true that they have spent 20M on pilot then the dinos were pretty nicely animated.
so pilot is 1hour 25. and i did fastforward thru a lot.
"Ohh I love you so much!"
"Ohh I hate you so much!"

same dialog over and over again.
i will probably keep an eye on this show, but I will not give it big hopes.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Terra Nova

It was ok, I guess.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

42 (edited by drizzel 2011-09-27 10:53:13)

Re: Terra Nova

I didnt like it at all. felt like another family drama moved to a different world.
I wanted to fast forward everytime the son had his scenes.

Understandably they want to introduce the characters and set up the ground rules now in the beginning but i dont think they did a very good job. Still time to turn it around though. Hopefully a few episodes in it will be better.

Steven Spielberg sucks

Re: Terra Nova

what annoyed me most was the boy. they (all the people) came from a harsh world. no visible sky, sandstorms, nothing green, a lack of food. when born to this world you tend to adapt. learn how to cope. even tho the boys family had some money, they still seemed to live in an extremely small apartment.
and now they get to a new world. he immediately forgets absolutely everything. what the hell? whining about food, does not follow even simple rules.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Terra Nova

Yay, another PG friendly sci-fi show. Who cares it's a post-apocalyptic world when we can play house. With dinosaurs. Yaaaay. I didn't make an exception for Falling Skies and I'm not going to make an exception for Terra Nova either.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

45 (edited by xzeal 2011-09-27 17:05:43)

Re: Terra Nova

Plenty of action and mystery.

Too much teenage drama.

Worth watching for a while.

PS: "No dad I wont leave with out you!"

they get there

"Oh screw you dad I totally hate you now and am going to be an idiot"

Re: Terra Nova

Sigh, spielberg your time was the past -.-

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." C.B.
http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_1672.gif

Re: Terra Nova

This was crap. Seems like a bad mashup of Stargate, Earth 2, Outcasts and ... ehr, Call of the Wild or something - with some Party of 5 thrown in. Will it blend? Nah...

Re: Terra Nova

OMG, I watched about 20 minutes before switching it off.  Truly awful.
One to avoid.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Terra Nova

The script is identical with a TV show from some years ago, except the dyno. The same colony with some rogue colonists living outside the colony some internal spy and at the end a new space ship arrive with the people behind all the problems. I thought for my self WTF. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the show.
However I will give the show a try.

Anytime, Anywhere, Anything!

Re: Terra Nova

Was better than Falling Skies.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c