Re: Shameless (US)

Can't wait to watch 3rd ep today, first two were hilarious as hell, although I think I should watch the original UK version after seeing more of the US remake, or I'd just ruin the remake for myself.

Funny enough, Episodes started about the same time, and deals with the problems of having american executives ruin a perfectly good UK series. big_smile

Re: Shameless (US)

Just watched last weeks episode and tonight's episode. The show seems to have sanded out the rough edge's that it had at the beginning since both of the episode worked. I was surprise to see the oldest sons girlfriend topless since she looks young, only to find out we were born on the same day in the same year. The show is becoming one that I hope sticks around for many years, and hope they win some awards this fall especially for Emmy.

As for the drinking, underage sex, doing drugs and smoking it pretty much is the norm. I never did any of those things but hanged out with friends who did so it doesn't surprise me to see the kids on the show do it. The only thing that does seem a bit weird is both males living in the house with the shut-in since it does seem a tad bit off, but I ignore it since it's not the main focus of the show.

Re: Shameless (US)

The last few episodes were all great. I think William H. Macy is walking a very fine line between funny and abhorrent and so far he's done a fine job.

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Shameless (US)

Newest episode was good, this is slowly becoming one of my favorite drama shows on tv right now, which I guess isn't to hard since there not a lot of pure drama shows out there.

Re: Shameless (US)

Yup, still going strong. Also doesn't hurt that the apparent goal of the show is to show us as much of Emmy Rossum naked as possible, as often as possible. Otherwise I cannot explain the completely pointless, explicit and gratuitous swimming pool scene. Yet I thank god for it every day wink

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

31 (edited by marco1475 2011-03-08 02:30:19)

Re: Shameless (US)

Wow... I am dumbstruck. The last five minutes of 1x09 were some of the most powerful, emotionally charged television I have ever seen. An acting tour de force from Emmy Rossum, holy shit. Unbelievable intensity. The last time I've seen emotion this raw and true / realistic was in Mad Men

+ show spoiler

(Sally's reaction to her parents divorce)

Now I understand what Emmy Rossum meant when she said she had to fight for the role and because it was such a good role and she wanted it so much she didn't mind the nudity. I think she just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt how good an actress she is ...

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Shameless (US)

crap show about pointless crap people.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

lol

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Shameless (US)

Love this show!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=133ba59597f9a4f2f96f73177a621cd8

Re: Shameless (US)

If you don't like the show don't watch it.

Just watched the last two episodes to air and thought they great. If Emmy doesn't win an award for this show it will be a crying shame. The ending of the newest episode was great. It's nice to see the show actually deal with things in a very realistic way. They don't seem to shy away from things and deal with normal every day shit that comes up. The show is so well written and acted which makes everything all that much more enjoyable.

I'm interesting to see how the rest of the season shapes up now that the mother is back in town. Sadly I think there is only three episodes left in the season. Although it might be for the best since no episode is a filler and each episode has been building to the next.

Re: Shameless (US)

My new favorite. In fact the show I look forward to the most every week. smile

Re: Shameless (US)

Rwings wrote:

If you don't like the show don't watch it.

Just watched the last two episodes to air and thought they great. If Emmy doesn't win an award for this show it will be a crying shame. The ending of the newest episode was great. It's nice to see the show actually deal with things in a very realistic way. They don't seem to shy away from things and deal with normal every day shit that comes up. The show is so well written and acted which makes everything all that much more enjoyable.

I'm interesting to see how the rest of the season shapes up now that the mother is back in town. Sadly I think there is only three episodes left in the season. Although it might be for the best since no episode is a filler and each episode has been building to the next.

BigZ wrote:

My new favorite. In fact the show I look forward to the most every week. smile

it is quite obvious you have never seen shit life in you life.
lemme tell you. what is depicted in this frakin show is very soft to what is real life.
that's why i think this show is pointless. to me this show is been there - done that.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

it is quite obvious you have never seen shit life in you life.
lemme tell you. what is depicted in this frakin show is very soft to what is real life.
that's why i think this show is pointless. to me this show is been there - done that.

Yes, because the only valuable shows are the ones who are just as drab and uninspired as real life. Real life is not funny, it's not poetic, it doesn't have "hidden moments of beauty," etc. It just is. We don't watch TV shows and expect / want them to be realistic.

Shameless has interesting characters dealing with stuff that usual TV fare shies away from, which makes it enjoyable to watch. Its characters aren't black and white, they have complex motivations, and the stuff they do and that happens to them is intriguing. Nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like the show, fine, don't watch it. If you have reasonable arguments for why you don't like it, we'd love to hear them, even though we'd prefer you keep them to yourself if they aren't "constructive." "I've seen hard knock life and this show ain't it" is not an argument. You feeling that the show is repetitive and therefore pointless is more akin to an argument, but it has nothing do in a discussion about the merits of the newest episode and especially the acting therein.

So how about you save us and yourself a lot of typing and limit your responses to the topic at hand, which is the newest Shameless episode. Unless of course you are wasting your time watching this "pointless" show that doesn't depict "real life" very well?

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Shameless (US)

marco1475 wrote:
GodZionu wrote:

it is quite obvious you have never seen shit life in you life.
lemme tell you. what is depicted in this frakin show is very soft to what is real life.
that's why i think this show is pointless. to me this show is been there - done that.

Yes, because the only valuable shows are the ones who are just as drab and uninspired as real life. Real life is not funny, it's not poetic, it doesn't have "hidden moments of beauty," etc. It just is. We don't watch TV shows and expect / want them to be realistic.

Shameless has interesting characters dealing with stuff that usual TV fare shies away from, which makes it enjoyable to watch. Its characters aren't black and white, they have complex motivations, and the stuff they do and that happens to them is intriguing. Nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like the show, fine, don't watch it. If you have reasonable arguments for why you don't like it, we'd love to hear them, even though we'd prefer you keep them to yourself if they aren't "constructive." "I've seen hard knock life and this show ain't it" is not an argument. You feeling that the show is repetitive and therefore pointless is more akin to an argument, but it has nothing do in a discussion about the merits of the newest episode and especially the acting therein.

So how about you save us and yourself a lot of typing and limit your responses to the topic at hand, which is the newest Shameless episode. Unless of course you are wasting your time watching this "pointless" show that doesn't depict "real life" very well?

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I've seen some shit in my life nothing close to what the characters deal with on the show but enough to make it believable to me, and like I said I find the characters likeable and it's a well written/acted show.

As for the newest episode the heartbreak in Fiona after the two youngest ones hugged their mother and the reaction afterwards really sold me on the episode and show even more. It's not all the big things about the show but the small ones that make it so great

Re: Shameless (US)

so it's my fault my english  is not good enough for me to express myself freely?

great going fellas  roll

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

so it's my fault my english  is not good enough for me to express myself freely?

great going fellas  roll

Than whose fault is it?  yikes  yikes

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

so it's my fault my english  is not good enough for me to express myself freely?

Nobody is attacking your English - we object to the content of your arguments, not their style. Posting what you don't like about a show in general when other people are talking about the 9th episode is trolling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've made up your mind about the show and stopped watching it around the third episode. You also shared your disgust with us at that time. As far as I am concerned, unless you actually watched all the episodes until the current one, you have nothing of importance to bring to this discussion. Saying things like "crap show about pointless crap people" is either trolling (meant to anger everybody in this forum), in which case good job, or a completely useless statement. In both cases you should keep it yourself, no matter how good or bad your English is.

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Shameless (US)

i have seen all the episodes.
and we have freedom of speech here. (at least i think so)

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

i have seen all the episodes.
and we have freedom of speech here. (at least i think so)

Well then I'm confused, because based on all your previous statements you think the show is horrible and there's no reason to watch the show since you don't find any redeeming quality's in the characters or the story, yet your still watching it.

The thing that bugged me was your statement "it is quite obvious you have never seen shit life in you life. lemme tell you. " Your making broad statements about our lives based on a show we like and than telling us you know better than us having no bases on the lives any one here as led. I dislike anyone making broad statements based in no facts to prove a point there trying to make. So that's were I take person offense with what you said.

As for freedom to express yourself, I'm new to the forums but I would assume you are correct that people are able to express their likes and dislikes about a show freely. But after nine episodes statements like "crap show about pointless crap people" while were discussing what we like about the show and what we think about were the story's going does nothing but insight anger in the fans of the show who like it. I get that you don't like the show, and that the show isn't for everybody and that's fine I would just ask that you say why you don't like about the show instead of making broad statements. I mean you can still do that, I'll just make sure to ignore them from now on. Since I would rather spend the time talking about what I like about this show.

---------
As for were the storyline is going, does anyone think that the mother is going to take Liam away? I was thinking and discussing the show and I could see it go either way. It would make sense that at the last moment the mother decided to leave Liam with Fiona, or that Fiona is able to adopt him (something I think is less likely of the two options.) The other option I could see his her taking Liam since it opens up the story a bit more since they don't have to go about finding a babysitter or dealing with in infant in the house in each episode. The downside being it makes life just a little less chaotic for everybody and the show seems to thrive the best when there's chaos.

Re: Shameless (US)

Rwings wrote:

Your making broad statements about our lives based on a show we like and than telling us you know better than us having no bases on the lives any one here as led. I dislike anyone making broad statements based in no facts to prove a point there trying to make.

have you lived half of your life under communist regime?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

have you lived half of your life under communist regime?

I have. So what?

Listen, if you watched all the episodes of Shameless and you still think it's a "crap show about pointless crap people," fine. Again, we would have appreciated a more nuanced argument as for why you dislike the show, maybe citing examples of stuff you dislike from the more recent episodes. It is clear from you previous posts that the show isn't your cup of tea - the nudity, drugs, violence, and overall decadence go apparently against your value system. I don't understand why you keep on watching, but then again, I don't need to.

For some reason you think the depiction of "hard life" as shown in Shameless isn't anywhere near what you lived through or saw or heard of. And you take that personally at which point any logical debate ends. As Rwings pointed out you know nothing about us and we know nothing about you, so before this devolves into a dick measuring contest about who had a harder life, let's agree that you will either try and be specific and on-topic with your (negative) comments or we will ignore them.

(Btw. yes, you are free to spam this whole forum with "crap show about pointless crap people"-type postings. That is freedom of speech. But you will be ignored and will be wasting your and our time.)

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: Shameless (US)

i will try, but i know i will fail.
many young people are influenced by tv. so it they see that smoking, drinking and being gay is ok on tender age then they will copy it.
having unsafe sex and leaving girl pregnant is ok according to the show. stealing, lying cheating is so cool.

do i need to name more?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

many young people are influenced by tv. so it they see that smoking, drinking and being gay is ok on tender age then they will copy it. having unsafe sex and leaving girl pregnant is ok according to the show. stealing, lying cheating is so cool.

Well that's a more solid reasoning for disliking a show then your first statement and let us know why you feel that way. I disagree with everything you say for the most point but at least I get were your coming from and it makes taking the criticism more seriously.

First off this show isn't for a younger audience, it comes on a channel you specifically have to pay for and is rated TV MA meaning it's a show for people over the age of 18. In the US if any tv/movie shows any form of nudity (women's breast, fe/male genitalia) it get a MA rating by default. (I don't agree with it personally in terms of women's breast but it is what it is.) Which seems to be what you have a problem with the show in the first place. So seeing how I'm guessing you didn't know that the show was only aimed at adults I take it that was your big problem with it.

But in case it wasn't, the fact that young people may see the show relies directly on there parents since it's there job to control what there child sees or doesn't. As for smoking and drinking, while I can't stand smoking and almost every one knows it's bad for you, people are still going to do it which is why the people on the show do. It's depicting the lives of people who live in some of the more realistic parts of America and what they deal with. I live in America and while I don't live in a bad part of a city I know many people who were smoking before the age of fifteen that I was friends with. The same-thing goes for alcohol which isn't as bad as smoking, but almost every adult does it (myself included) and again I knew kids who drank while I was in high-school. As for being gay there's nothing wrong with it. While I admit seeing two guys kiss at times makes me uncomfortable. Who people love is there own personal business and there nothing wrong with it.

The show isn't trying to say having unsafe sex, stealing, lying, and cheating are all ok. What is is doing is showing what really happens in real life America. This show isn't a thirty minute comedy family show were everyone's problems are superficial and everyone always does the right thing in the end. It's a pretty accurate description of what people in the environment the characters are in deal with on a daily bases. Shows like this and The Wire are some of the very few shows out there that actual shows what really goes on with people, which is why I enjoy it.

Taking all of the into consideration you can still find problems with there behavior of the characters with the unsafe sex, stealing, cheating, etc.. I just don't see how you can fault the show it's self for it since that's what the show's about. The shows not perfect as demonstrated by the discussion we had about the ending of the second episode and how the way it was handled felt wrong, and other ways the story's being told.

Re: Shameless (US)

tl tr .

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

50 (edited by Sindre33 2011-03-14 16:46:13)

Re: Shameless (US)

GodZionu wrote:

i will try, but i know i will fail.
many young people are influenced by tv. so it they see that smoking, drinking and being gay is ok on tender age then they will copy it.
having unsafe sex and leaving girl pregnant is ok according to the show. stealing, lying cheating is so cool.

do i need to name more?

So this show, in your opinion, says that it's cool for underage kids to have sex, smoke and drink (which everyone with their eyes open know they already do anyway)? The way I see it, it is just a show about relatively ordinary people ending up in relatively ordinary situations.

You should make your own show instead. It would probably be about a gay person (of course not gay anymore, successfully 'healed'), an ex-smoker, a recovering alcoholic, a recovering drug-addict and a sex-addict who have now overcome all of their terrible habits - taking a road-trip around the country while successfully bringing others, as unfortunate as they once were, back on the right path.

Or you can just go watch '7th heaven', I'm pretty sure you'd love it. What you should not do is to make ignorant and pointless comments in a thread about a TV show, based on nothing but your own set of moral principles.