Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

nivalis wrote:

oh rats, godzi i accidentally deleted your post, i meant to quote it

please write it again if you have it in history and i'll delete this post?

roll  cool  tongue  mad  lol

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

nivalis wrote:

well.. godzi wrote:

"i am alone, i give up"

and my reply was going to be: "you shouldnt give up because you are alone!
you should give up because you are wrong."

i'm almost never wrong tongue
but i'm still alone.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

godzionu wrote:

but i'm still alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPLYowCY … r_embedded

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

29 (edited by Tiwaa 2010-10-07 15:58:52)

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

Probably the only reason I watch it is because of this:
http://data.fuskbugg.se/skogsturken/1265308031_lickin-the-lollipop.gif

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

Orlando wrote:
godzionu wrote:

but i'm still alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPLYowCY … r_embedded

no thnx. i'm quite straight.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

Orlando wrote:

Hey, remember that it's just me. Even mlin & co can disagree with me.

Can I, oh almighty? smile)

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail4/pc/mlin.png

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/358719-1.png

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

Har har tongue

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

The only thing I liked in this episode was Alessandra Torresani kicking some as in the virtual reality... I want them to spend more time there!
And I want Genevieve Buechner to be a regular...

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

nivalis wrote:
mlin wrote:

Because it IS scfi.

The genere isnt called ScFiBlowSomeShitUpRobotBabeBoobAction.

It is both Science and fiction. It reminds me of the good old days when you had to had some imagination to read books that depicted the reality of today. Sadly, those days seem to be gone.

i agree.

how can caprica not be scifi? strong AI, brain-computer interfaces etc.

i'd even go so far as to agree with neal stepehenson when he said:
"the science fiction approach doesn't mean it's always about the future; it's an awareness that this is different."

edit: also, mlin, did you like the picture of you boldly smoking where no man smoked before? :)

What picture? :))

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail4/pc/mlin.png

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/358719-1.png

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

nivalis wrote:

http://forum.next-episode.net/viewtopic … 523#p73523
smile

karenbear wrote:

These are the voyages of the Starship Mlin, his continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly smoke where no man has smoked before.

Haha, missed that one! Great job! This is going on facebook! smile

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail4/pc/mlin.png

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/358719-1.png

36 (edited by PowerMax 2010-10-12 21:07:22)

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

godzionu wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Ah - that clarifies things. So if BSG isn't scifi

no BSG was sci-fi. but please tell me where are the sci-fi elements in Caprica?

Just the fact that they can download a persons mind into a robot is sci fi.

Sci fi as a genre does not only mean space adventures. As an example, "FlashForward" was considered sci fi too.

This novel is also sci fi, believe it or not.
http://www.amazon.com/1635-Eastern-Fron … 1439133891

Re: 1x10 - Unvanquished

godzionu wrote:
Hr. Ulottuvuus wrote:

gadgets we've never seen etc...

what have you never seen?

1 robot does not make it sci-fi. i don't think i have seen any spaceships in this series yet. lasers are in quite a lot of series.


well i've never seen in a shop anywhere those gogglethingys they use to connect to the "matrix", and i beleave the whole virtual reality (matrix) world concept is still out of our reach...

and there are a lot of robots that can be seen thru out the show, little helpers and such. ok we have aibo, but he is hardly the same...

and the spaceships can be seen in the opening credits, and dont forget that they did travel from caprica to geminon in one episode. and every1 knows thats another planet, so we have to assume they have spaceships...

what is the problem here? the whole world of caprica is full of scientific (sci) wonders that don't exist in the real world, and it's a fictional (fi) story of humankinds history. so sci + fi is what?

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...