Re: Features/Improvements Requests

In Episodes under "set service" for each show, would it be possible to add "Crunchyroll" and "Funimation"?  Or better yet, the ability to add custom user defined services?

SoulMan wrote:

In Episodes under "set service" for each show, would it be possible to add "Crunchyroll" and "Funimation"?  Or better yet, the ability to add custom user defined services?

How popular are these? Anyone else missing Crynchyroll and/or Funimation?

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Never even heard of those.

They are Anime streaming channels.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

santah wrote:

How popular are these?

Extremely. It's just that their users are far more likely to be using AniDB than Next-Episode smile

santah wrote:
SoulMan wrote:

How popular are these? Anyone else missing Crynchyroll and/or Funimation?

2 of the most popular anime streaming services.  Nextep tracks a lot of anime shows, so I thought it would be nice to be able to mark them with the "set service".  If it's a request not popular enough among other users, then no worries, I just thought it would be handy to have.

Hey santah
Shows that have this info:”Series no longer being developed” are still on the section: unknown next episode on watchlist. If those shows would go to cancelled section it would be easier to notice and remove them. At least in my opinion.

will8 wrote:

Hey santah
Shows that have this info:”Series no longer being developed” are still on the section: unknown next episode on watchlist. If those shows would go to cancelled section it would be easier to notice and remove them. At least in my opinion.

Makes sense. Done!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Periodic reminder that the option to alphabetize without articles would be greatly appreciated!

ajbanal wrote:

Periodic reminder that the option to alphabetize without articles would be greatly appreciated!

Mandatory rebuttal that it'll most likely never happen as it'll cause more confusion and problems than it'll solve smile

santah wrote:
ajbanal wrote:

Mandatory rebuttal that it'll most likely never happen as it'll cause more confusion and problems than it'll solve smile

big_smile

If ajbanal requests that one should be able to sort "The Expanse" as "Expanse, The" I have to agree with you, santah. smile

How will it cause more confusion when almost every other system uses it as the default?

santah wrote:
ajbanal wrote:

{waving} Hi, Santah! This time it wasn't my necromancy to raise the Zombie Topic! big_smile

big_smile

lighton wrote:

If ajbanal requests that one should be able to sort "The Expanse" as "Expanse, The" I have to agree with you, santah. smile

Agreed, I hate this option.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

is there any idea, or requests from people for a way to really have a user profile page?

wasted time of my life:

TV: 318 days, 18 hours, 25 mins watching - 11,089 episodes plays of 289 shows
MOVIES:  302 days, 13 hours, 7 mins watching - 4,124 movies

Pedropt wrote:

is there any idea, or requests from people for a way to really have a user profile page?

Can you elaborate on that? What would you like to see on such a page?

that would take some thinking and some input from other users ( especially older ones ) not to overdue it. something simple. but not to simple, when all said and done we dont really have a profile, just a sharable list. it would be cool to have a profile pic on the right corner, some "about me" and a menu for the shows.

wasted time of my life:

Pedropt wrote:

that would take some thinking and some input from other users ( especially older ones ) not to overdue it. something simple. but not to simple, when all said and done we dont really have a profile, just a sharable list. it would be cool to have a profile pic on the right corner, some "about me" and a menu for the shows.

Hmm... not sure how many users would want that. (I don't.)

You could start by adding a forum profile pic. cool

yeah, im new. old members have more voice than me tongue personally i like user profiles, but thats me tongue . but not to much, there´s a new Brazilian site that i was using that is overusing it. was gonna post for u to see, but dnt wonna make pub.

wasted time of my life:

tw, does the site uses an api or is all managed by mods ? i noticed that some shows have a link to tvmaze, seems redundant tongue

wasted time of my life:

Pedropt wrote:

tw, does the site uses an api or is all managed by mods ? i noticed that some shows have a link to tvmaze, seems redundant tongue

tw?

Why redundant? The info for some shows is pulled from TheTVDB, for other shows from TVMaze.

TVMaze allows users to mark an episode as "Skipped".

May we have this, too, please?  sad

TeaAndApathy wrote:

TVMaze allows users to mark an episode as "Skipped".

May we have this, too, please?  sad

Thou shalt never skip an episode!

Seriously though, why do you want that feature?

1,325 (edited by Pedropt 2019-12-05 23:14:08)

yeah its kind of a weird thing to do tongue but i guess we all have our way to see shows ( i did skip a few episodes, but i marked them anyway - for example, season 5 of AHS.
bt was btw tongue

redundant because, tvdb us actually just a database to retrieve data, and tvmaze in the of the day is a site like this one. its almost like publicity tongue

ok, time to add my 320 shows to this site manually xD ( the pain! )

wasted time of my life: