Re: Features/Improvements Requests

It would be wonderful if there could be hints as to the networks/streamers that have a particular show outside the original network that shows it: e.g. Traitors displays "Channel 4, UK at 9:00 pm BST" but is also available on Netflix. Any hints would help!
Thanks.

1,227

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Mythlandia wrote:

It would be wonderful if there could be hints as to the networks/streamers that have a particular show outside the original network that shows it: e.g. Traitors displays "Channel 4, UK at 9:00 pm BST" but is also available on Netflix. Any hints would help!
Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is - there is not a reliable enough way to automatically obtain that info, per show.

Maybe it'll happen in future.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,228 (edited by Ameriplan 2019-05-10 20:10:19)

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

I was wondering if you can place the year in (xxxx) for the movies.  Example "Cold Pursuit (2019)".  It seems that a lot of popular websites like www.imdb.com, www.ondvdreleases.com, and www.themoviedb.org are using the year naming format.  It would make easy to search for movies.  For instance I was searching for "The Kid" being released on DVD next month found it by scrolling down but there have been other searches for movies i made in the past where their were pages of movies found.  Is this option possible?

Another item, listing the DVD release date for the movie?

Thanks

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Hey Santah, the Upcoming Movies list doesn't get the page flip buttons like all the other movies lists, so it's impossible to see more than the first page of movies smile

1,230

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Ameriplan wrote:

I was wondering if you can place the year in (xxxx) for the movies.  Example "Cold Pursuit (2019)".  It seems that a lot of popular websites like www.imdb.com, www.ondvdreleases.com, and www.themoviedb.org are using the year naming format.  It would make easy to search for movies.  For instance I was searching for "The Kid" being released on DVD next month found it by scrolling down but there have been other searches for movies i made in the past where their were pages of movies found.  Is this option possible?

Another item, listing the DVD release date for the movie?

Thanks

themoviedb.org (where we get the movies info from) uses the same format we use (because we essentially pull their search data):

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query … uage=en-US

They only show the year next to the movie name in the movie details listing.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,231

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

ArniVidar wrote:

Hey Santah, the Upcoming Movies list doesn't get the page flip buttons like all the other movies lists, so it's impossible to see more than the first page of movies smile

Any chance you've hidden so many movies that there is essentially no next page? smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

santah wrote:

Any chance you've hidden so many movies that there is essentially no next page? smile

Nope. I forgot to mention, if I hide a movie or add to my list and then refresh, a new one appears at the bottom. So the list is definitely more than one page. Page counter also shows Page 1 of 0

1,233

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Weird, I'll investigate.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,234

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Fixed! Should be fine now ...

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Thanks. Works great smile

1,236

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Love the site in general. Would like it if "finale" episodes were in bold or marked in some form on the calendar

1,237

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

No way to know when an episode is a finale, unfortunately ...

Cheers!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Love the app! Would be awesome if there was a screen (a la the “my movies” page) where you favorite shows you’d like to watch, but have not started yet, so they don’t show up in the “Epsiode” tab. I think it would be good for organizing and now overwhelming the episodes tab.

1,239

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

pdiddlee6 wrote:

Love the app! Would be awesome if there was a screen (a la the “my movies” page) where you favorite shows you’d like to watch, but have not started yet, so they don’t show up in the “Epsiode” tab. I think it would be good for organizing and now overwhelming the episodes tab.

That's what the "Pause" tracking button is for.

Tap it for every show that you do not want to track right now, and it'll only show in the My Shows tab, but will not be tracked in the Episodes and the other tabs.

Cheers!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,240

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

santah wrote:
pdiddlee6 wrote:

Love the app! Would be awesome if there was a screen (a la the “my movies” page) where you favorite shows you’d like to watch, but have not started yet, so they don’t show up in the “Epsiode” tab. I think it would be good for organizing and now overwhelming the episodes tab.

That's what the "Pause" tracking button is for.

Tap it for every show that you do not want to track right now, and it'll only show in the My Shows tab, but will not be tracked in the Episodes and the other tabs.

It seems that that feature is not self-explaining enough. (I didn't discover it on my own either.) How about a "Did you know? You can click "stop tracking" for shows that you add now but only plan to watch in the future. Then you will not see [...] and not receive [...]" info on top of https://next-episode.net/track ? Maybe in a box that can be removed by the user (like shows can be removed under "Discover Other Great Shows" on the main page).

1,241

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Well yeah, it's not self-explanatory, that's why once a show is added on the app for the first time (and the Pause button shows up) - an explanatory bubble pops up explaining what it is for.

I agree though, that's easy to miss and can be communicated better - both on the website and the app.

A "did you know" banner is something that is most likely going to happen on the website, soon smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,242

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Hey,

I just noticed a small usability issue.

After I changed my password, the 'Changes saved!' text appeared at the top if the page, so far so good.
But the popup, which Firefox uses asked me if I want to save the password, was shown in front of 'Changes saved!'.

Maybe the 'Changes saved!' should be positioned elsewhere. Close to the 'Save Changes' Button, where the visual focus is, when clicking on it?
Also some more highlighting would help, like a background color.

Cheers!

1,243

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

On the Episodes page under "set services" could you add 'DC Universe'? Thanks

1,245

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

spicerack wrote:

On the Episodes page under "set services" could you add 'DC Universe'? Thanks

DC Universe is not a streaming service

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Wizard wrote:

DC Universe is not a streaming service

Yes it is. So is Disney+, which will provide all the Marvel shows from now on smile

1,247

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

ArniVidar wrote:
Wizard wrote:

DC Universe is not a streaming service

Yes it is. So is Disney+, which will provide all the Marvel shows from now on smile

I knew about Disney+, not DCU.  I sit corrected.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

1,248

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Apple TV+, Disney+ and DC Universe are now added under "set service" !

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

1,249

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

Would it be possible on the 'top charts' page to be able to filter to only show shows that have ended?

1,250

Re: Features/Improvements Requests

tjx243 wrote:

Would it be possible on the 'top charts' page to be able to filter to only show shows that have ended?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll consider including a show status in the filters.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e