Topic: 2x10 - When and Where

Wow, yet again I am amazed how Warehouse 13 manages to take a cliche-ridden and over-done story concept (body switching, time travel) and make it fresh and fun. Great episode on all counts and a fascinating time travel idea - I loved all the "I remember blacking out for 22 hours and 19 minutes therefore someone will travel back in time and inhabit my body" revelations. Especially the one about H.G.'s kid ...

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

Re: 2x10 - When and Where

The time machine worked for exactly 22 hours and 19 minutes.... but the old lady traveled back again, for a few minutes...
Shouldn't she have blacked out for a bit more then 22 hours and 19 minutes?

didn't she die to a cancer or something?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."

Yeah, you can travel back for up to 22 hours and 19 minutes (just like a US internet connection, you are guaranteed a speed up to a certain value) if you stay conscious and occupy the body for that time. The old lady traveled back in time, but died after a few minutes, hence the connection was severed.

"We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go."
-- Colonel Tigh

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=6a46bed7e7b08a8ca752faaaa99a03bd

But shouldn't the she from the past have lost a few more minutes? She was so precise when she said that she had lost 22 hours and 19 minutes... it should have been closer to 23-24 minutes..

Why? she came back earlier than the dude. she had time to check her makeup etc.

"Avenge Me."

No, Mxyzptlk has a good point. I guess that Myka and Pete pulled out sooner than the 22 hours 19 minutes (and now I'm making it sound like sex) and that's why the dude was still unconscious when the old lady traveled into her younger self's body. But that was never specified. I assume that the machine would sever the connection automatically after 22 hours and 19 minutes, because I doubt HG had anybody with her when she went back in time to try and save her daughter, and since Pete and Myka were brought back manually, their trip was short a few minutes ...

-- Colonel Tigh

that is a small possibility.

"Avenge Me."

I thought about the thing about the old lady going back, but fact is, she stayed for less than a minute before the machine burning out, enough time to set her personal history to the way it was meant to be. For a while during the episode I thought Pete and Mika would kiss before returning, but the end as it is was much more poetic. I kinda like the fixed history way it goes about time travel, closer the the idea in the original Terminator in which he very fact of timetravelling set the world in the way it is.

Everybody lives, just this once, everybody lives!