Topic: 6x15 *spoilers*

ok nice episode. it showed some answers where did Jacob and smoke guy come from, but it raised more questions again. when all the BSG people were killed who built all the temples and other old buildings? if BSG is dead then who was smoke all the time? who was this woman? if she said to both boys that they can't die then how did BSG die?

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

Yeah, good episode, finally some explanation for who Jacob and Smokey are. Jacob's brother is not really dead but as the woman said getting into the light gets you worse than dead, it makes you a Smokey Monster. For me the questions are: who was the woman that raised the two brothers, why only one of them saw the dead mother, what powers are behind Jacob and BSG?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

As much props as I give all the people behind Lost for actually having a finite story in mind, and holding to it (as opposed to stretching it out like most shows), I can't help but feel like they really could've turned this season into 2 season without compromising the quality and feel of the show. I mean, just last nights episode could've been an entire season!! I feel like there is so much story that can be told about the origins of Jacob and BSG. On the other hand, I do understand that they probably don't want us to know the entire story as that would take away from the mystery of their characters and all... but still, I would have loved to see at least a few more episodes about their origins...

But ya, amazing episode... they once again managed to give us so much, yet so frickin little!!!

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

was a great episode, only thing i didnt like was the in your face ending, they didn't need to show the old scenes to really show "look, see, we did have it planned all along", it felt like they could have just let us remember "oh yeah, the stones were on the body when jack, kate, locke and charlie found them.

but still, awesome episode.

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

bamuel wrote:

was a great episode, only thing i didnt like was the in your face ending, they didn't need to show the old scenes to really show "look, see, we did have it planned all along", it felt like they could have just let us remember "oh yeah, the stones were on the body when jack, kate, locke and charlie found them.

but still, awesome episode.

I was a little put off by that too, but I think they needed to emphasise that both bodies stayed in place, as well as the thing with the stones.  They had to show us that BSG "died", whatever else may have happened to him.

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

godzionu wrote:

when all the BSG people were killed who built all the temples and other old buildings?

they did have 30years to do that.it could have been someone else as well before them and that's how the woman,the Eve,learned of human nature.or it could have been built after BSG people got fried and other ships wrecked on the island

godzionu wrote:

if BSG is dead then who was smoke all the time?

i think he just got stripped of his previous form,body stripped of soul

godzionu wrote:

who was this woman?if she said to both boys that they can't die then how did BSG die?

she was a lying biaaaaatch!!!don't forget she also said there was nothing beyound the sea.the way she messed up these brothers is epic in proportion.she killed there mother so they wouldn't be corrupted by man?she wasn't any better.she couldn't even give BSG a name.no wonder he wanted to find his home.
she was an asshole(yeah),Jacob was an idiot.i defenetely want to see BSG get what he wants and just squish all obstacles big_smile

in Rand McNally, people wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=7ab5ba166955e2a079b4c02b695a86a5

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

a very good episode, we can now understand that there are no absolute black and white as supposed earlier
BSG is not totally evil, Jacob is not all wisdom
BSG is seeking revenge, Jacob is an idiot

I Am The Inevitable Conclusion Of My Past

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

did anyone get any inkling as to when in history jacob and smokie was born?  how old/ancient they are?

i guess another question is everytime smokie-locke says that he has been trapped on the island a loong time... is he talking as jacobs human brother?  or the smoke-thing that has been trapped in the golden tunnel since the fall from grace or something?

any theories?

if the apocalypse comes.... beep me!

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

great ep imho. i would have liked to see more how the brothers grew up. and the ending was brilliant.

what doesn't kill you - hurts even more...

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

johgar wrote:

did anyone get any inkling as to when in history jacob and smokie was born?  how old/ancient they are?

i guess another question is everytime smokie-locke says that he has been trapped on the island a loong time... is he talking as jacobs human brother?  or the smoke-thing that has been trapped in the golden tunnel since the fall from grace or something?

any theories?

the episode was set in 23AD which i dont understand, cus wouldnt the bodies be pretty much dust now, lol

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

23AD sounds about right judging from the Houses the People built and the weapons they used...

I, too, think that BSG is dead but his soul is the Black Smoke aka Locke... What I don't understand is why does only BSG see his dead mother and is there any relation as to why Hurley saw all the dead guys from earlier seasons that died on the island? Would make sense imho...

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

well in the beginning of the episode they spoke Latin. so we can rule out all the theories that they are old egyptian gods.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

because gods,like americans,know one language lol
@nivalis he looked like that efron douche wich made jacob realy easy to relate to everytime he punched his brother in the face,i was just "well keep going,why'd yoy stop?" mad tongue

in Rand McNally, people wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=7ab5ba166955e2a079b4c02b695a86a5

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

Damn!! I'm kinda changing sides and hoping Locke/BSG win in the end now

Jacob was a goodie-two-shoes Douche lol

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

godzionu wrote:

well in the beginning of the episode they spoke Latin. so we can rule out all the theories that they are old egyptian gods.

as an old latin student i got that, but i figured it was more "lets throw in a strange language that many people have never heard about"..

also the technology level with the huts might just be because they had no other materials and/or tools at hand.


bamuel, you said its set in 23 ad. did it say that somewhere?

also, if they spoke latin because they are part of a greco-roman culture in 23 ad i think it still doesnt rule out the egyptian gods thing... who knows how long their "mother" had been there protecting the "light"...  not to mention whatever came before her.

the reason i asked initially was because i too got the whole "around year 0 and roman-influenced culture"-vibe... and honestly it kinda disappoints me... i have been thinking in terms of eternal evil and eternal good... and 2000 yrs old just doesnt cut far enough back for me big_smile:D

if the apocalypse comes.... beep me!

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

nivalis wrote:
kalapkaki wrote:

because gods,like americans,know one language lol
@nivalis he looked like that efron douche wich made jacob realy easy to relate to everytime he punched his brother in the face,i was just "well keep going,why'd yoy stop?" mad tongue

im not sure who or what efron is, and you sound like the kind of person i try to avoid, so, you know, meh.

Niv, I think he meant this efron douche

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

johgar wrote:
godzionu wrote:

well in the beginning of the episode they spoke Latin. so we can rule out all the theories that they are old egyptian gods.

as an old latin student i got that, but i figured it was more "lets throw in a strange language that many people have never heard about"..

also the technology level with the huts might just be because they had no other materials and/or tools at hand.


bamuel, you said its set in 23 ad. did it say that somewhere?

also, if they spoke latin because they are part of a greco-roman culture in 23 ad i think it still doesnt rule out the egyptian gods thing... who knows how long their "mother" had been there protecting the "light"...  not to mention whatever came before her.

the reason i asked initially was because i too got the whole "around year 0 and roman-influenced culture"-vibe... and honestly it kinda disappoints me... i have been thinking in terms of eternal evil and eternal good... and 2000 yrs old just doesnt cut far enough back for me big_smile:D

It was in several interviews. and they've said that jacob is about 2000 years old.
i assume it's true because it was very in passing they said it. not like they were trying to hide it.
plus they've said it so many times. and as everyone has said, it does kinda fit with the time.

was also going to say, anyone else think the temple was built ontop of the water/light cave? the outside wall is protecting something, it would be something to protect, and they have the whole water pool that revives you, the waters obviously coming from somewhere...

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

I think this ep was just to clarify up both sides which are fighting. And the bad/black isn't alwas bad and the good/white isn'talways good. But the sides are very clear. Even the boys were dressed in black and white and each played with the correspondy stone color wink

At the end we know how the two got on the island and how they become what they are now. What we don't know is: were did the stepmother come from and what was she? It was very clear that she didn't age with the boys. She was at least 30 when the boys were born and 30 years later she looked the same. Also the golden tunnel or human-BSG converter wasn't explained at all. Also IIRC the island at the end of the episode was empty of humans. Just BSG and Jacob are on it. Where did the whole candidate story come from. Just because they can't kill each other so they have to bring people to the island to do there dirty job is to easy.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

nivalis wrote:
Daemonius wrote:

Niv, I think he meant this efron douche

i see. and why is he a douche?

ok maybe douche is to strong,let's just say annoying man-sized doll lol

@bamuel i think you may be right about the temple being built on top of the water/light cave.when richard took young ben there he said he would never be the same after.....and ben did grow up to be a sociopath.sayid's ressurection didn't do any good either

in Rand McNally, people wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=7ab5ba166955e2a079b4c02b695a86a5

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

Another thing I noticed: The Knife BSG killed his stepmother with looks A LOT like the knife Sayid was given to kill BSG/Locke.... So maybe he CAN be killed through the blood of his Stepmother?

Just a thought smile

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

wckiller wrote:

Another thing I noticed: The Knife BSG killed his stepmother with looks A LOT like the knife Sayid was given to kill BSG/Locke.... So maybe he CAN be killed through the blood of his Stepmother?

Just a thought smile

Yes this was most certainly the same knife, but it can't be used to kill one or the other. This was already tried and failed with no effect at all - well the shirt had a hole after that attempt wink

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

BlackBox wrote:

Also IIRC the island at the end of the episode was empty of humans. Just BSG and Jacob are on it. Where did the whole candidate story come from. Just because they can't kill each other so they have to bring people to the island to do there dirty job is to easy.

At one point BSG (as a kid) tells Jacob that he had discovered the game they were playing, so they played by his rules, and that one day Jacob could have his own game and make up his own rules. I figured that comment was aimed at the "candidate process" that Jacob would go on to setup.

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

About Jacob , If you watch Supernatural then you already know that he is the Devil... big_smile  big_smile

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6336/neuserbar1.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=2eaef4368573d410af8aec9cef95ee25

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

kalapkaki wrote:

because gods,like americans,know one language lol
@nivalis he looked like that efron douche wich made jacob realy easy to relate to everytime he punched his brother in the face,i was just "well keep going,why'd yoy stop?" mad tongue

Hey!.. He's been in firefly!

Re: 6x15 *spoilers*

Sorry if I come off retarded, I know who you's mean by BSG, but I'm not sure what it stands for.