Re: Season 8

And another BSG actor joined the cast - it's a short way from bad Cylon to bad gangster wink

Callum Keith Rennie plays the Russian mobster great as usual big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

52 (edited by Orlando 2010-01-26 20:01:15)

Re: Season 8

I noticed Lew Ashby in the previous episodes. And he is great. As usual.
And Starbuck is such a pussy in 24 sad

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

as ia already posted in another 24 thread, the first 4 eps were lamerson lameass lame. way to predictable!!!! and i seem to get tired of the 24 style. especially tired of the way jack acts. ach, they need to shake up things a little. those 4 eps were boooooooring!!!!!

Re: Season 8

yet another crappy episode... although, at least we didnt see much of The Hunchback of Hastings!

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

55 (edited by xrnzaaas 2010-01-26 21:00:52)

Re: Season 8

nightcrow wrote:

yet another crappy episode... although, at least we didnt see much of The Hunchback of Hastings!

Agreed.

Dana's storyline sucks, Jack is a wimp, Renee is desperately trying to become like the old Jack (maybe they want a solid replacement in case Kiefer doesn't sign and Jack dies at the end of season 8? wink), Hassan's storyline is boring and it reminds me a lot of the Logan's (prior to Charles's betrayal). Oh, and the warehouse diversion could be seen from a mile away.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Season 8

xrnzaaas wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

yet another crappy episode... although, at least we didnt see much of The Hunchback of Hastings!

Agreed.

Dana's storyline sucks, Jack is a wimp, Renee is desperately trying to become like the old Jack (maybe they want a solid replacement in case Kiefer doesn't sign and Jack dies at the end of season 8? wink), Hassan's storyline is boring and it reminds me a lot of the Logan's (prior to Charles's betrayal). Oh, and the warehouse diversion could be seen from a mile away.

Agreed.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

Re: Season 8

xrnzaaas wrote:

maybe they want a solid replacement in case Kiefer doesn't sign and Jack dies at the end of season 8? wink

Not gonna happen. Jack stays alive and we might see Day 9 but the producers want to keep the door open for more 24 movies after Day 8.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 8

He can always get abducted by the Chinese again. Or by any other 999 fractions and people he stopped in the past. big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Season 8

Or he could just be run over by a bus. Now THAT would surprise me.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=1cd1b92c236f3ba54cd38890b16399f4

Re: Season 8

paisley1 wrote:

How much character development can the writers believably reveal in a 24 hour time period?  24 is supposed to be about Action Jackson!  Jack isn't this drug addicted, tortured soul anymore, (who somehow recovered from radiation poisoning?), but a timid grandfather now, and his scenes have little sense of urgency.  Actionless Jacksonless!  Also, Tony Almaeda was super awesome and he's gone, and I don't like the President or the Starbuck subplot.  Renee is cool though, just totally bottomed out and committed to the cause.

Way better than Heroes though, that show is just worthless now!

I agree.. what has happened to this show?

And I've got 5 unwatched episodes of heroes.. just haven't been bored enough to watch them...

Re: Season 8

The problem with 24 is that it reached its peak at season 2. Since then it tries to hold up the level of awesomeness, but can only fail. But still - 24 is waaay more entertaining and action packed then any other crime solving drama show I've ever seen. The character development of Jack is believable and well scripted. He can't do what he did in season 1 and 2 the same way in every season - that would be boring. So he needs Renee as a wingwoman wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 8

Agreed paisley1. There's always time for improvement and maybe we see Hunchback replaced by Jack, with Renee as super Agent running the floor. I still would favour Renee over Tony. She's young and needs to get out of the dark place and reach character stability. She has a lot baggage in her past which could turn into nice plots.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 8

BlackBox wrote:

The problem with 24 is that it reached its peak at season 2.

Wrooooong, you of course meant season 3, which is the best 24 season ever.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

Orlando wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

The problem with 24 is that it reached its peak at season 2.

Wrooooong, you of course meant season 3, which is the best 24 season ever.

Still - my point stands wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 8

BlackBox wrote:
Orlando wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

The problem with 24 is that it reached its peak at season 2.

Wrooooong, you of course meant season 3, which is the best 24 season ever.

Still - my point stands wink

Agreed.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

good thing i finished s1+2 and now on to season 3 smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=775ddb752c1eb80a536ac01cb7d0119b

Re: Season 8

Agreed - Alias action would be fun. Jennifer Garner instead of Annie Wersching would be just slightly better. Renee is doing just fine smile
Chloe is a strange character - totaly annoying but she is a must on 24. I like her way with dealing people. Mary Lynn Rajskub does a great job playing her.

I would like to see a Sloane character from Alias on 24. Most preferable payed by Ron Rifkin of course. He was just this evil self absorbed bad guy - teriffic - just the opposite like Saul he plays on Brothers & Sisters wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

68 (edited by xrnzaaas 2010-02-09 17:46:13)

Re: Season 8

24 is getting worse every week. hmm The new episode was boooring for most part, Dana's storyline was supposed to add some drama (???) and it still sucked, Hastings is still an idiot and the final cliffhanger was dumb (how would the Russians find the sewer route so quickly since this is not their territory?). Oh, and I was hoping for a kiss... DAMN IT! tongue

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Re: Season 8

The political plot is probably the weakest of all the seasons, Starb... I mean Dana's story is STUPID! Only Jack was badass with the knife throwing.

xrnzaaas wrote:

how would the Russians find the sewer route so quickly since this is not their territory?

You underestimate the ruskies.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

Indeed - the russian plot is the only interesting. I like the fact that the russian boss is played by a German actor and Jack spoke (not understandable) German. Maybe we see some more German badass this season wink

The Dana plot is so stupid it hurts to watch it - what a waste of the Starbuck awesomeness potential sad
We can only hope that the two lame cons get killed soon and Danas secret is really important to a new story line.

The political plot is really weak - it started ok but it kinda stalled and is now just boring.

Jack was fun - I loled hard when...

+ show spoiler

...he got stabbed by Renee, pulled the knife out and threw it right into the Russian. The knife went all the way into Jacks belly but he patched it up with a small band-aid and only blinked once

hilarious big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

71 (edited by Orlando 2010-02-10 11:00:49)

Re: Season 8

Jack's belly is pure mithril, only an Excalibur could hurt him.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

Orlando wrote:

Jack's belly is pure mithril, only an Excalibur could hurt him.

Is that not to different stories? wink


And about the episode... So Jack was right about Renee! What a shocker! Jack was actually right about something.... again... big_smile

Re: Season 8

Mxyzptlk wrote:
Orlando wrote:

Jack's belly is pure mithril, only an Excalibur could hurt him.

Is that not to different stories? wink

Yes it is tongue

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Season 8

Orlando wrote:
Mxyzptlk wrote:
Orlando wrote:

Jack's belly is pure mithril, only an Excalibur could hurt him.

Is that not to different stories? wink

Yes it is tongue

Okay... Was just making sure smile

Re: Season 8

Mxyzptlk wrote:

When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack found it and put it back

big_smile:D:D:D:D

G: