51

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

xrnzaaas wrote:

First it was supposed to be available at midnight Central Europe Time, then at 1 o'clock. Now people say that it will probably be available around 5am. /.../ And to think that people with a cracked version can press Play and just... play. hmm

Want me to make it worse?

The playable cracked version hit the torrent sites around 12 or so hours ago.

52

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

xzeal wrote:
xrnzaaas wrote:

First it was supposed to be available at midnight Central Europe Time, then at 1 o'clock. Now people say that it will probably be available around 5am. /.../ And to think that people with a cracked version can press Play and just... play. hmm

Want me to make it worse?

The playable cracked version hit the torrent sites around 12 or so hours ago.

And the cracked version already got an update.

53

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

that's nothing, in my region i can't even buy skyrim from steam...

54

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

And what does steam have to do with it, I wonder.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

55

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don’t have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

56

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

uhh thats bad

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=d81744120f9841d13e7bfa051761995a

57

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Yes and no. We just don't know how much they really got.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

58

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Orlando wrote:

Yes and no. We just don't know how much they really got.

doesn´t realy matter to me how much they got ... i think it´s just bad enough that they penetrated their security... specialy because i bought so many game on steam with atleast 3 different payment methods

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=d81744120f9841d13e7bfa051761995a

59

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Orlando wrote:

And what does steam have to do with it, I wonder.

as much as getting 3gb update(steam don't create patches, game makers do) and as time locks(at least i think it's given by publisher not a Valve).

but basically i'm just sad that publisher wants me to pirate this thing, even if i would buy it(maybe) if i could.

60

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

My ranting is generally about digital distribution. So far I had to deal with downloading not at full speed (about 1/4 of what my bandwinth can do; not an issue when I use torrent of ftp servers), waiting for an official premiere (Polish distributor clearly doesn't know that another day starts at midnight), installing huge patches without asking, decyphering (another few minutes) and configuring (still doing that atm, it's been at least 20 minutes already). What I should have been doing is playing Skyrim for about a day now. smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

61

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

xrnzaaas wrote:

installing huge patches without asking,

http://i.imgur.com/MMFbC.jpg

wink

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

62

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

xrnzaaas wrote:

My ranting is generally about digital distribution. So far I had to deal with downloading not at full speed (about 1/4 of what my bandwinth can do; not an issue when I use torrent of ftp servers), waiting for an official premiere (Polish distributor clearly doesn't know that another day starts at midnight), installing huge patches without asking, decyphering (another few minutes) and configuring (still doing that atm, it's been at least 20 minutes already). What I should have been doing is playing Skyrim for about a day now. smile

exept the part with downloading it at 1/4 of your bandwith you would all of this encountert even if you had bought a hard copy of the game since they force you to use steam in order to play skyrim... so it`s not exactly a problem with digital distribution but more a problem with todays publisher polices

it just doesn`t matter anymore if you buy a game in a shop because you nearly always have to use the internet for some crap like registration or stuff like that

sometimes i realy think that they make the live of PC-Gamer harder to "convince" them to buy the games on Xbox or Playstation.... so they can say that they dont make the games for pc anymore because of the weak sellingnumbers

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=d81744120f9841d13e7bfa051761995a

63

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Well, I can't say you're wrong. I miss the good old days where you could just install the game and play it without having to worry about online passes, DRM's, limited number of activations or installing additional applications.

Anyway, Skyrim is working great (well, almost great, because it kept crashing until I've had to tweak my Audigy sound card) so I'll see you all in a few months. big_smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

64

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Orlando wrote:

Our steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nextepisode

Just joined smile

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

65

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Just noticed this thread, im kmorrisuk if anyone wants to add me smile

66

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Jumped in aswell smile

They Call Me The "Jax Lovah!" Machine!
http://i.imgur.com/TMcgaKU.jpg

67

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

just joined the group as well ;-)

68

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

HA! I'm in as well smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

69

Re: Lets be friends on STEAM :D

Someone wants The Swapper?

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png