Re: V

z1rra wrote:

i think the spoiler guy will come back since they're all clones and shit...

let us hope

z1rra wrote:

it was weird how quick aliens make a man of god doubt.

he was just afraid that they will start praying for Visitors instead of god, that's all.

Re: V

this happens only in america that when aliens arrive people either go to church or start to riot. people in europe would party with them.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: V

And people in Asia would eat them.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: V

meh? i didn't know that people in Asia are cannibals.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: V

Orlando wrote:

And people in Asia would eat them.

big_smile

Re: V

Yeah, i like it, i'ts effects have been upgraded since the 1983 version. welcome back Scott Peters, i enjoyed 4400 too.

In V i noticed the unit number of the warehouse were the sleeper cell was being held was 4400. My god I'm sad for spotting stupid details like that. :-(

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=e771950f617823676d0bdc7cb0001465

Re: V

Paul28573 wrote:

My god I'm sad for spotting stupid details like that. :-(

i envy you for that skill

Re: V

Orlando wrote:

And people in Asia would eat them.

And people in Australia wouldn't give a shit. We'd still be heading for the beach and just let the Kangaroos deal with them.

Re: V

so there's only Africa left...
they will put them into slums then?

Re: V

They've done a BSG and transposed the gender in the lead roles. Morena Baccarin is hell of a woman but I much prefer her with long hair.

"To be born English is to win the lottery of life." Cecil Rhodes 1853-1902
"The man was right." Maccool111 1955-20**
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=eb307b8950c5d3766bd38b4bee466c98

Re: V

its a great show

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=815afc530e858414d9204bc56a0ba460

Re: V

maccool111 wrote:

They've done a BSG and transposed the gender in the lead roles. Morena Baccarin is hell of a woman but I much prefer her with long hair.

seconded on Morena Baccarin

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: V

thirded on Morena. can't complain tho.

Re: V

godzionu wrote:

is it a remake of the old show or completely new storyline. i don't want any trailers, just say it please.

A re-make but the story seem to get started quicker, some things have changed IMO.

Re: V

They seem to be base it on the old show but i think they only do that at the start and then it will trail off into its own direction more and more. I think the best would be if they could balance it after a while. Would be fun with some classic scenes remade but this show needs its own plot too. It is based on the same books after all.

41 (edited by drgonzo 2009-11-05 13:29:33)

Re: V

did anyone notice the adress of the place where "the resistance" met? 4400 bla bla bla... same in Flashforward ep1 in the beginning when they are staking out that chick with the terrorists... there's a huge Oceanic billboard in the background. They're all on the same network right? ABC. I don't know where I'm going with this... just thought I'd chare smile But it will annoy me if Flashforward and Lost are somehow connected!

Sorry forgot to mention V: thought it was cool, I remember the original series from when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me then. Now not so much, but still a show I will follow for now.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=cfbafbf559d03b29729c2e7c3307145e

Re: V

godzionu wrote:

this happens only in america that when aliens arrive people either go to church or start to riot. people in europe would party with them.

Does this include france?

Re: V

nope.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

Re: V

godzionu wrote:

nope.

why? big_smile

Re: V

lol

Re: V

godzionu wrote:

ok i just watched the first episode. i have mixed feelings about this show. first of all i have to admit that i saw the original show very very long time ago. at least 15 years ago. so i i don't remember all of it. only some basics. what struck me on this remake is the huge paranoia, mistrust etc. of the people of usa. and then i realised that most of the shows nowadays have this terrorist stuff going on. imo its kinda tiring. i know world has changed since 9/11, but still. well there was some action, some good cgi, lots of well known actors actresses and all in all i could say that this show has some potential. i'll keep watching. for now.

I understand what you mean, it seems ever since 9/11 shows have to put something about terrorist in them to air in the US.  I mean, if it helps move the story along, go ahead...but if your doing it just to be 'patriotic'...STOP IT!!!

Also, i too noticed the paranoia and mistrust in the show...i forgot thats how we acted, havent lived with a huge american population in 6 years.  LOL!!!

The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.

I'm not evil, I'm just virtue intolerant

Re: V

Will keep watching for now.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&k=0ef7e7de42c02d531b7c2d0f913cc132&user=Keisu

Re: V

3v1lkr0w wrote:
godzionu wrote:

ok i just watched the first episode. i have mixed feelings about this show. first of all i have to admit that i saw the original show very very long time ago. at least 15 years ago. so i i don't remember all of it. only some basics. what struck me on this remake is the huge paranoia, mistrust etc. of the people of usa. and then i realised that most of the shows nowadays have this terrorist stuff going on. imo its kinda tiring. i know world has changed since 9/11, but still. well there was some action, some good cgi, lots of well known actors actresses and all in all i could say that this show has some potential. i'll keep watching. for now.

I understand what you mean, it seems ever since 9/11 shows have to put something about terrorist in them to air in the US.  I mean, if it helps move the story along, go ahead...but if your doing it just to be 'patriotic'...STOP IT!!!

Also, i too noticed the paranoia and mistrust in the show...i forgot thats how we acted, havent lived with a huge american population in 6 years.  LOL!!!

I think its easy for us to "get over 9/11" cause it didn't happen in our country. But if a group purposely hijacked planes and flew them into the Sydney CBD with the sole intention of killing as many people as they could, I'd still be pretty pissed and paranoid after only 8 years, especially with foreign policy like the US government.

Put yourself in the place of an average American and the theme would resonate strongly with you still.

Love em or hate em, we are still watching an American show so either put up with what resonates with them or look somewhere else for your viewing entertainment.

Re: V

Aussies are not making anything good. Fat Pizza was decent, but thats about it i can recall.
i just mention this. 9/11 was a insurance scam. nobody hijacked planes with real people on them. (don't wanna discuss it any more here. internet is full of it)

and something has happened here in my country. we were invaded by russians in 1940. 100 00 of people were slaughtered and about 100 000 people were deported to Siberia. for no reason.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

50 (edited by proteinnerd 2009-11-06 05:16:09)

Re: V

godzionu wrote:

Aussies are not making anything good. Fat Pizza was decent, but thats about it i can recall.

So where did i claim aussie shows were good or better than anything else? I didn't even mention Australian TV, fact is I agree, I watch no Australian TV except news shows and an occasional chat show...not really sure why you even brought this up?? Or are you just trying to attack me and think cause I'm Australian this will score "points" ?

godzionu wrote:

i just mention this. 9/11 was a insurance scam. nobody hijacked planes with real people on them. (don't wanna discuss it any more here. internet is full of it)

oh give me a break with the 9/11 conspiracy theories already....cause the internet is full of the truth right? you are right about the internet being full of "it"....just the "it" is crap. Instead of looking at all the crazies websites, why not look at some myth debunking stuff....its a lot more interesting and there are very few conspiracy "facts" that haven't been debunked.


godzionu wrote:

and something has happened here in my country. we were invaded by russians in 1940. 100 00 of people were slaughtered and about 100 000 people were deported to Siberia. for no reason.

ok so your country was invaded 70 years go and you sound like you are still bitter about it, yet the US citizens cant be bitter about something that happened earlier this decade?? Again, not sure what point you are trying to make.