1

Topic: Season 2

Just saw ep 2x02, and was awestruck by the mediocrity of the episode. C'mon!  Seriously, I mean the show was ALMOST canceled last season, is THIS what they're doing with their Stay of Execution. Yes, yes... Echo had maternal instinct feelings and it was very emotional and grippy...   Get it together. Seriously.

2

Re: Season 2

Il watch in till it gets canceled, which based on the last 2 epps will be in like 10 more, sadly.

3

Re: Season 2

Don't worry... even at its worst, this show is still among the good shows out there... and we have a few mediocre episodes, that subtly draw up a storyline that becomes concluded in a few awesome episodes...

4 (edited by Sledge Hammer 2009-10-07 11:29:48)

Re: Season 2

I disagree, I think it is one of the most mediocre and needlessly drawn out shows currently on television. I keep watching in the hopes that it'll turn out to be something more, that somewhere deep down its just waiting to blossom and come into its own, but week after week I find it harder and harder to sit through. In my opinion there have been like three worthwhile episodes in the shows entire run at this point (the best of which wasn't even aired), and that is a horrible batting average, especially when the rest have been mediocre to outright poor. And given the lack of quality on the all-important first two episodes of a new season after being almost cancelled, I'm almost at a point where I think pulling the plug would be a mercy killing. Even Tru Calling was better than this...

I mean don't forget, this season was hyped up as being 100% Whedon's vision for where he wanted the show to go and what he wanted to do, and was being brought to us free of any Fox interference, and the sum result of that is...these two episodes? Yeesh. Every show has the odd poor episode, but this one has far more bad than good, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Plus, when you can sum up everything important that happened in an episode in a single short sentence, such as could very easily be done these past two weeks, that is not a good thing, or a good sign.

Given the truly abysmal ratings this season (which are still dropping), I don't see the show lasting all that much longer, so it's probably all a bit of a moot point at this stage anyhow. When it does go though, you can't really blame Fox for this one, they gave the show more of a chance than pretty much any other network would have, given the clear lack of direction and the constantly poor ratings figures. If and when this show gets the axe it'll pretty much have it coming...

Every breath you take, every move you make...I'll be watching you. That's police talk.

5

Re: Season 2

whoa. i couldn't have put it down better. agree 100% with sledge hammer.
i only watch this show because some days i have too much time at hand and because some hot babes there. but as for the story and acting, this show is below average.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

6

Re: Season 2

Well.. the conclusion is, that you are both wrong...

7

Re: Season 2

oh dear oh dear.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

8

Re: Season 2

poll..? sledge nailed it...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

9

Re: Season 2

110%

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

10

Re: Season 2

godzionu wrote:

110%

... wrong.

The last 10 minutes of 2x03 was great.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

11

Re: Season 2

Slightly better episode (2x03), but c'mon!... get it together.

12 (edited by saturo 2009-10-10 20:59:07)

Re: Season 2

Spoiler

They just happened to lose a psychopath from a underground build with top notch security being freed by a old chubby man. And that psycho happened to be trapped in a doll that they didn't have GPS in?


I mean I'm open minded but its hard to not be a cynic here

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fc6e0c8d5093819af704928af7847383

13 (edited by z1rra 2009-10-11 18:57:18)

Re: Season 2

the 3rd one was actually pretty good, thumbs up

amusing at least big_smile

14

Re: Season 2

z1rra wrote:

the 3rd one was actually pretty good, thumbs up

amusing at least big_smile

you got no sence of good tv:P
you watched Knight Rider(2008) tongue

15

Re: Season 2

and that was quality. the amount of one-liners...as i said before, it was so bad, it was good.

16

Re: Season 2

episode 3 was a little better, but still sucky.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

17

Re: Season 2

paisley1 wrote:

Thoughts on Colonel Tigh, now on Dollhouse?

I got a little "Oh, look at that" feeling... but it wasn't more than that....

Spoiler

looking forward to seeing Summer Glau in the season finale though.. wink

18

Re: Season 2

Too many episodes of Echo being "whored" out. If you're wealthy or powerful enough to know about the Dollhouse then you're wealthy enough to get any high class hooker to play out your fantasies.
other than that I'm reasonably happy with season 2 (so far).

"To be born English is to win the lottery of life." Cecil Rhodes 1853-1902
"The man was right." Maccool111 1955-20**
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=eb307b8950c5d3766bd38b4bee466c98

19

Re: Season 2

paisley1 wrote:

Ya, it was nice to see, but meh, just makes me miss Helo, Tigh.....and.......(tears).......

you can always rewatch BSG.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

20

Re: Season 2

But it's just not the same.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

21 (edited by GodZionu 2009-10-15 15:06:18)

Re: Season 2

or then you could spam send emails begging the producers of BSG to release their film on making.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."
__________________________________________
My Watchlist

22

Re: Season 2

i'll just leave this here...

http://www.cracked.com/article/166_5-re … hedon-fan/

23

Re: Season 2

^
Warning!
Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing A-Long Blog and Battlestar Galactica spoliers!!!

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

24

Re: Season 2

z1rra wrote:

i'll just leave this here...

http://www.cracked.com/article/166_5-re … hedon-fan/

I should probably just have replied with a tl:dr, but the problem was that I did read... and the conclusion I came to was:

I believe that I just got an insight in to how the religious people feel.... Their god is being bashed, but with logic...
All I can do is to respond with some religious logic: - Nope, you're wrong!

25

Re: Season 2

in a sense, it's true...though that didn't keep me from enjoying his shows big_smile though that alien part is very true, it did suck