Topic: NCIS: LA

NCIS: LA

http://i.imgur.com/V4heC.jpg

NCIS: Los Angeles is a drama about the high stakes world of undercover surveillance at the Office of Special Projects (OSP), a division of NCIS that is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation's security, specifically Naval and Marine assets and personnel.

Okay, so by NCIS standards... is NCIS: LA any good?

I'm kinda still at work for another 2h, so it's gonna be a few more hours till I can watch it...

Any thoughts about the show yet?

2 (edited by membreya 2009-09-23 12:04:41)

Re: NCIS: LA

Just watching NCIS S07E01. Then I'm going to watch NCIS: LA.

Will let you know smile

BTW, the new ep of NCIS is gold smile

First impressions.  This show tries desperately to be the "hip & young" version of NCIS.

Not overly impressed with it but I will give it time and see if it improves.

The team dynamic that exists in the original NCIS just doesn't seem to be there though sad

The casting is helter skelter and an odd mix of personalities, the "comedy" for lack of a better term is forced..they could only try harder by injecting canned laughter.

Actually, I lie..the one bit where I laughed was when the black guy said "Imma" ... but that was an unintentional piece of comedy due to Kanye West smile

i loved NCIS LA, not as good as NCIS but a top show;)

you can tell it's just going to get better every week

wolf207 wrote:

i loved NCIS LA, not as good as NCIS but a top show;)

you can tell it's just going to get better every week

You forgot to end your statement with a </sarcasm> tag neutral

Okay, the "Regular" NCIS Episode was JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!!!! WOW!!!!

NCIS: LA is next

7 (edited by fjarle 2009-09-23 20:15:11)

Hmm... I have to agree with membreya. What makes you love the people in the original series doesn't seem to be there in L.A. Perhaps it will be there in a few eps, but right now I thought it was less than entertaining. I had some hope for it as LL Cool J and the rest of them were fun to watch in ehr... whatever episode they appeared in on the original show.

What annoys me the most is the "comic relief"-character. That accountant woman. She seems to be a poorly executed attempt at rolling Ducky and Abby into one. The fun parts of the original show are taken care of by all of the cast, but mostly those two. Seems like they're trying too hard with this spin-off.

The two leading characteres are really the only ones that stand out in a good way, but it's not enough to save the first ep - and if this continues it won't be enough to save the show, imho.

(edit)
Argh... edited for stupid typos. Lots of them.

well... that "hot chick" was very cool in that NCIS ep they were part of... I kinda hope for some of that attitude in the next NCIS: LA ep... I'll keep watching it anyway i guess....

Other than between O'Donnell and LL Cool J there is next to no chemistry amongst the team. There's no apparent boss so no structure. The LA "eye candy" just isn't and the LA quirky (Linda Hunt) is not a patch on Ducky.
I had high hopes for this show so I really hope it improves rapidly.

"To be born English is to win the lottery of life." Cecil Rhodes 1853-1902
"The man was right." Maccool111 1955-20**
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=eb307b8950c5d3766bd38b4bee466c98

What happened to the hot boss in LA? I felt alot fo the acting was poor but I'm sure it will improve.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=fc6e0c8d5093819af704928af7847383

maccool111 wrote:

Other than between O'Donnell and LL Cool J there is next to no chemistry amongst the team. There's no apparent boss so no structure. The LA "eye candy" just isn't and the LA quirky (Linda Hunt) is not a patch on Ducky.
I had high hopes for this show so I really hope it improves rapidly.

Im with you on the Linda Hunt choice. She just doesn't fit in with the whole Hi-tech seriousness that there trying to portray.
Tho I did find it funny when LL Cool J offers O'Donnell backup when having to deal with her, she is a tad creepy.

I sleep through most or all of these tongue

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=27b3aae90777dd30de5cd9520ad96a66

The little woman reminds me of a Caucasian version of the Asian woman that made the super hero suits in "The Incredibles"

kirby wrote:

The little woman reminds me of a Caucasian version of the Asian woman that made the super hero suits in "The Incredibles"

It is the same person. Or at least modelled on her.

I sleep through most or all of these tongue

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=27b3aae90777dd30de5cd9520ad96a66

I think it's pulled off better then the other "LA" type rip offs, like CSI Miami - at least NCIS LA adds the dynamic of undercover and covert work, even if they aren't really subtle in their approach.  It's at least slightly different to the standard NCIS script.

Every episode they pick a lock without a warrant. Every episode has some kind of failed humor scene.

This is not going to be in my weekly watchlist tongue

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=fc6e0c8d5093819af704928af7847383

I agree with some I think they just a need a little time to work on some chemistry issues with the cast, possibly a little better scripts would help too.

Wow what a shit show this is! They did a crossover episode with Hawaii 5-0 and I had to watch an episode of this dire to know how the storyline ended. This series just tries so hard that it made me cringe. The humor was so forced and there was literally no chemistry between the cast. Oh and don't get me started on those annoying photographic cut scenes. How this shit is on season 3 already is beyond me. Mankind is fucking ruined, Nickelback wins triple platinum and show like this gets into season 3. Why don't you just fucking shoot me already?

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=e2c8b402e501652ba57e4b4981079f94

I do not think i have seen crossovers to another show that is not even remotely tied with the show before. so in a way it was kinda interesting. i do not watch this show, i watch hawaii-five-o, so i had to download this one to watch the ending.

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."

mclame wrote:

Wow what a shit show this is! They did a crossover episode with Hawaii 5-0 and I had to watch an episode of this dire to know how the storyline ended. This series just tries so hard that it made me cringe. The humor was so forced and there was literally no chemistry between the cast. Oh and don't get me started on those annoying photographic cut scenes. How this shit is on season 3 already is beyond me. Mankind is fucking ruined, Nickelback wins triple platinum and show like this gets into season 3. Why don't you just fucking shoot me already?

It's funny because I have the exact same complaint...only about Hawaii. I like NCIS:LA. Also I'm not a fan of Nickelback but at  the same time I don't hate them...really don't understand all the hate for the band.

I think just because someone has different taste than you, doesn't really justify shooting yourself.

See, I like both (H50 & NCIS:LA) although I much prefer NCIS: LA. I absolutely love the show and hope it lasts as long as the other NCIS. I find them completely different though.

Renewed!

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

OMG! That South African Accent in 4x23 was *sooo* cringe-worthy! I honestly don't think I've ever heard a worse one. Such a shame for what is a pretty good show. :-/

louiselesley wrote:

I think just because someone has different taste than you, doesn't really justify shooting yourself.

See, I like both (H50 & NCIS:LA) although I much prefer NCIS: LA. I absolutely love the show and hope it lasts as long as the other NCIS. I find them completely different though.

I like them both too but have to admit that cross-over show was particularly banal. I think it was the worst I've seen from either shows.

Hi,NCIS LOS ANGELES IS THE BEST SHOW.I LOVE THIS SHOW.PLEASE.DON'T STOP IT.