Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

well... not optically hawt... but from her attitude/life-style, she's quite hot...

c'mon paisley... you never watch an ep or 2 of an "easy show"? wink

I mean... come on... nothing is better to fall asleep to than an easy tv show wink

27 (edited by theConundrumm 2009-05-16 04:40:17)

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

...GHOST WHISPERER.  Thee premiere craptastical show with a solid F or 1/10.

omfg... i, it should go without saying, steered clear of this one.... but then a few weeks ago i went to my grandparents house for dinner and was subjected to an episode... and honestly i was dumbfounded at how bad the writing was... the way they just sliced through their own logic like it didn't matter was astounding... i came away with an even greater distaste for the show... there's some of those easy shows that i will at least give a chance before writing them off, but this just lowered the likelihood of that happening again...

i gave Bones a shot... watched the first season just before the second started... i got what i expected story wise, which wasn't much... and i'll spare you my rant on the character development, or lack of there....

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

ahhh, good ol' CBC...

so is the jury still out on ReGenesis? are you liking it? David Sandstrom is one of my favourite characters on tv ever...and Bob...

-Rob

29

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

HAHA!  M watches BONES!!  I didn't know that when I made that comment.  Way funnier now.  Lost is for smart people, so I understand you M, you don't like it because you don't get it.  big_smile

I don't know how such (apparently) smart people can't understand one simple thing - that I don't like this show anymore and you don't have to insult me in any way to prove me wrong. Maybe add a comment about my mother, that would be mature enough for such smart guy like you. Geez.

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

^M^ wrote:
paisley1 wrote:

HAHA!  M watches BONES!!  I didn't know that when I made that comment.  Way funnier now.  Lost is for smart people, so I understand you M, you don't like it because you don't get it.  big_smile

I don't know how such (apparently) smart people can't understand one simple thing - that I don't like this show anymore and you don't have to insult me in any way to prove me wrong. Maybe add a comment about my mother, that would be mature enough for such smart guy like you. Geez.

I would like to think I am decently smart....I did go to MIT and Juliard for music afterwards....and I agree with you on most points, I like simplistic alot of times.

I don't understand why his opinions are often considered as the board standard, I assume some don't argue with some of the points because often times ridicule ensues.
His opinions are that of a perfect collaborative effort of door to door Christians and Hitler.

Though admittedly I don't like bones there are other shows that I like for the easiness....even to some extent the original CSI...it is entertaining. I don't need a paradoxical storyline with a ridiculous back story of all the characters to keep me entertained.

I think you are doing well here, and as you said it's your opinion ^M^ don't let anyone on this forum bring you down cause of it. I think you are doing well by not flaming or trying to argue with people, the highroad is often the better path, but I thought I'd let you know I agree.

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

wckiller wrote:

It's gonna be 8 months now... enough time to re-watch all 5 Seasons smile which is exactly what I'm gonna do...

Same here big_smile

paisley1 wrote:

So this is where you end up when Dexter kills you?

LOL!

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

... and look at this for awesome foreshadowing... the name of the book manuscript Sawyer was reading... "Bad Twin"...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

JACKAL.......FINALLY......SOMEBODY GOT IT!!!!  1000 points!  big_smile

Where can I cash these in?.. wink

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

I enjoyed the door to door Christians and Hitler comment.....way to take the high road and not make any substantial argument as to why LOST sucks.

I never said Lost sucks. I love the show....

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

I disagree, we agree more than we disagree.

-Rob

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

I agree!

-Rob

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

So it's roughly a 2:1 ratio for agreements to disagreements, because we agree about half the time, and the other half of the time we agree to disagree. Thus, I declare my own awesomeness in proving you wrong once again!

-Rob

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

M, every show has parallel's on old themes, it's just that you don't see them, so you don't recognize the genius of the writers take on it.  If you want a cookie cutter show with no depth, watch something boring, like Bones or CSI.

woaaaaaaaaaa CSI i get

but Bones? Bones is a great show!

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

theConundrumm wrote:

edit: i reneg that agreement... the smoke monster/ogd IS Anubis... Jacob is Sobek...

i get OGD/smokey being anubis

but why is jacob sobek?

40 (edited by theConundrumm 2009-05-17 05:01:55)

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

i went with Sobek because while trawling through the Egyptian Gods section on wikipedia i came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek ,...and given the picture there is a pretty good likeness and some reference to being a protector, i went with that...

i did, however, read this morning that the official episode summary at abc.com states that the statue is of Taweret... "As a protector, she often was shown with one arm resting on the sa symbol, which symbolized protection, and on occasion she carried an ankh, the symbol of life, or a knife, which would be used to threaten evil spirits"... and given Richard's reply to Illana's "what lies in the shadow of the statue" question", Taweret does make a bit more sense...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

41 (edited by Halo2 2009-05-17 10:45:49)

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

Hmmm, I think you're right to be honest. For starts Richard says, "Ille qui nos omnes servabit" (Latin for, "He who will watch over us all."), which implies the statue is a he, so Sobek might make more sense. Granted that could be a figure of speach.
Also a lot of the pictures/depictions of Taweret have breasts, the statue did not.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8748/sobeklost.png

And besides, it has a crocodile head!
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3492/lostsobekhead.png



I don't really get why your so convinced that OGD is Anubis, he could just as well be Osiris or Apep? As I swear I've seen this picture before on one of the walls of the Temple in Lost.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Apep_1.jpg
Here, Apep is the snake...

EDIT: (Just found this...)
If the statue is Taweret, then OGD could be Apep.

"When paired with another deity, she became the demon-wife of Apep, the original god of evil. Since Apep was viewed as residing below the horizon, and only present at night, evil during the day then was envisaged as being a result of Taweret's malefeasence."

Jacob could be OGDs wife...?



ADDED:
Oh and also, when Ilana has the cabin burned she says someone has been impersonating Jacob, I think this person is OGD?

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

42 (edited by theConundrumm 2009-05-17 12:06:55)

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

Halo2 wrote:

EDIT: (Just found this...)
If the statue is Taweret, then OGD could be Apep.

"When paired with another deity, she became the demon-wife of Apep, the original god of evil. Since Apep was viewed as residing below the horizon, and only present at night, evil during the day then was envisaged as being a result of Taweret's malefeasence."

Jacob could be OGDs wife...?

i considered this after reading that fact too... but had to dismiss it simply due to the fact that i couldn't deal if this whole thing came down to marital blues...

but it does make sense also when you factor in Lockes "two sides... one dark, one light" and the fact that they found the black and white stones in Adam & Eve's cave... :S

ADDED:

halo2 wrote:

ADDED:
Oh and also, when Ilana has the cabin burned she says someone has been impersonating Jacob, I think this person is OGD?

without a doubt...

ADDED ALSO:

halo2 wrote:

I don't really get why your so convinced that OGD is Anubis, he could just as well be Osiris or Apep? As I swear I've seen this picture before on one of the walls of the Temple in Lost.

yeah, in the temple when Ben goes to offer up penance for Alex's death... which is what had me so convinced that OGD was Anubis...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

theConundrumm wrote:
Halo2 wrote:

EDIT: (Just found this...)
If the statue is Taweret, then OGD could be Apep.

"When paired with another deity, she became the demon-wife of Apep, the original god of evil. Since Apep was viewed as residing below the horizon, and only present at night, evil during the day then was envisaged as being a result of Taweret's malefeasence."

Jacob could be OGDs wife...?

i considered this after reading that fact too... but had to dismiss it simply due to the fact that i couldn't deal if this whole thing came down to marital blues...

but it does make sense also when you factor in Lockes "two sides... one dark, one light" and the fact that they found the black and white stones in Adam & Eve's cave... :S

Wikipedia article on Taweret wrote:

In their [Egyptians] art, Taweret was depicted as a composite of all the things the Egyptians feared, the major part of her being hippopotamus, since this is what the constellation most resembled, with the arms and legs of a lioness, and with the back of a crocodile. On occasion, later, rather than having a crocodile back, she was seen as having a separate, small crocodile resting on her back, which was thus interpreted as Sobek, the crocodile-god, and said to be her consort.

Hippos have four toes... And looking that the close up of the back of the statues head, it has ears, crocodiles don't have ears... And Wikipedia does have a picture of the same looking head as statue.
I suppose that is the reason they haven't shown the face of the statue yet though...


theConundrumm wrote:

ADDED ALSO:

halo2 wrote:

I don't really get why your so convinced that OGD is Anubis, he could just as well be Osiris or Apep? As I swear I've seen this picture before on one of the walls of the Temple in Lost.

yeah, in the temple when Ben goes to offer up penance for Alex's death... which is what had me so convinced that OGD was Anubis...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7210/lostdeadisdeadwall.png

Yeah I definitely agree with you now. I thought for some reason that Zebedee, the smoke monster was a snake in that picture.
(Interestingly enough, and completely by coincided, upon checking the spelling of Zebedee I found this: "Zebedee (zibhdi, "the gift of God"; Zebadiah)"...! Thought I only called the smoke monster that because it looks like a giant spring...)

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

Anyone talked about season 3, and Lockes meeting of Jacob in the cabin and how it was actually the evil guy or anti-Jacob as they're calling him everywhere else (not other godly dude like n-e.net...haha)?

theConundrumm wrote:

ADDED:

halo2 wrote:

ADDED:
Oh and also, when Ilana has the cabin burned she says someone has been impersonating Jacob, I think this person is OGD?

without a doubt...

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

Are Jacob and Anti-Jacob really Gods per se?  I don't see that.

naturally in weighing up all the evidence/riddles/misdirection i considered that maybe they weren't gods... for every thing that leads me to believe they are gods, there is something that contradicts that... the picture above of the altar with, supposedly, the smoke monster and Anubis made me think for a second that there was some sort of Goa'uld type thing going on... but it seems clear [or does it] that the smoke monster is a pet of sorts

Paisley1 wrote:

When anti-Jacob is in the cabin, stuff is getting thrown around, as though he's trapped...

which is what the circle of ash was doing... which sort of discredits the smoke monster and the OGD being one and the same... as the smoke monster was out and about... but then you can still pick holes in that...

Paisley1 wrote:

Who's to say Jacob has the moral high ground?

i'm keeping it in the back of my mind that just because Jacob is wearing white and Anti-Jacob is wearing black doesn't mean they are good and evil respectively... and then there is the possibility that they are the same person... two sides of a personality struggling for dominance... which would make "FalseLocke" a "Bad Twin"...

my thoughts here are pretty scattered... there is far too much [dis]information to process and try to make sense out of..hell, we've got 8 months to think about it... i'm gonna sit back, watch season 3 again and try to not let my brain explode...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

I would of thought that the good guy wouldn't of killed the bad guy under any circumstances (unless he has too)... Otherwise he'd be as bad as the bad guy.
That's like good guy and bad guy law.

If OGD (ie, Locke at this time) were the good guy, he wouldn't asked Ben to kill Jacob, he'd either do it himself or not at all, and give him a chance or something...

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

Halo2 wrote:

I would of thought that the good guy wouldn't of killed the bad guy under any circumstances (unless he has too)... Otherwise he'd be as bad as the bad guy.
That's like good guy and bad guy law.

If OGD (ie, Locke at this time) were the good guy, he wouldn't asked Ben to kill Jacob, he'd either do it himself or not at all, and give him a chance or something...

oh, i'm pretty sold on the fact that Jacob is the good guy... just keeping an open mind about it, and weighing up all possibilities... i mean what if this game has a time limit on it, and only one could be left standing... just because you start out as a good guy, doesn't mean you will stay that way...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

48 (edited by Halo2 2009-05-17 22:42:46)

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

theConundrumm wrote:
Halo2 wrote:

I would of thought that the good guy wouldn't of killed the bad guy under any circumstances (unless he has too)... Otherwise he'd be as bad as the bad guy.
That's like good guy and bad guy law.

If OGD (ie, Locke at this time) were the good guy, he wouldn't asked Ben to kill Jacob, he'd either do it himself or not at all, and give him a chance or something...

oh, i'm pretty sold on the fact that Jacob is the good guy... just keeping an open mind about it, and weighing up all possibilities... i mean what if this game has a time limit on it, and only one could be left standing... just because you start out as a good guy, doesn't mean you will stay that way...

Oh I'm agreeing with you with regards to paisleys comment...

Paisley1 wrote:

Who's to say Jacob has the moral high ground?

On a different topic I'm quite interested to know how and why OGD copied Locke, including all his memories.
As well as while he's impersonating Locke, also have the ability to impersonate Christian and other too!

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

paisley1 wrote:

... pigeon holing LOST on any front is a lesson in futility.

i disagree...  it's a lesson in fun, y'know... i liken Lost to doing a jigsaw puzzle without knowing what the picture on the box is...

it doesn't have to be painful...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: 5x16 & 5x17 (SPOILERS!)

so ... how did the black rock end up in the middle of the effin island. I thought, up until this point, that the BR was on the ocean, then the island appeared and it was on the island. Now that we know they straight up sailed there ... im confused.

Also ... anyone remember the episiode where Jack was in thailand and peopel where afraif of him and there was mumbling about him being the chose one or smth?

How did the Dharma Initiative find the island again?