Topic: 5x24 - probably will have spoilers at some point!

I did not see any of that coming!  Brilliant!

Re: 5x24 - probably will have spoilers at some point!

I can't wait for the 6 season :-D

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

I agree... what a finale smile
Now even Kuttner is in his hallucinations. Maybe he will make an appearance in the first few eps of the next season. Would be great to see House struggle with Kuttner and "Cutthroat Bitch" big_smile

That was so cheating! It's like with Lost... "Hrm, how are we going to get out of this one? Well, I know.. let's introduce time travel.. yikes"
It's cheating!! You can't write something, and than take it back!! It's just plain cheating!

yeah, they didn't find a solution to the disease, oh god...what a violation

I think it was perfectly done. No cheating whatsoever wink
I like House diagnosing himself... only this time he failed, kinda. Great twist smile

The disease was awesome! Would be cool to have two brains doing different things big_smile

z1rra wrote:

Riiight, like the medical part is more interesting than House :-P

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Loved it!  I am so happy right now.  big_smile

wckiller wrote:

Indeed...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

z1rra wrote:

Yeah they did, it was an ingredient in the deodorant that had not only caused heart arrhythmia in a patient in Japan but also seizures, the reason for the cutting of the corpus callosum (divided brain) in the first place.

The guy said he'd always been a heavy sweater so chances are the 'brain division' was unnecessary in the first place.

Oh, and I wasn't impressed with the show. I'm thinking House just jumped the shark and I've been a big fan for ages.

Alright.... rant starts now.

i'm so pissed that he didn't get to actually hit those ferrari pistons of cuddy's but thats ok i can live w/ that.
because house will eventually get into those panties eventually.. i have my hopes up.

but i thought the last episode was the season finale .... now that i know theres another episode coming i dont know if i can handle these television networks just toying w/ my emotions like this.

if house doesn't get laid i may have to shoot someone!

13 (edited by theConundrumm 2009-05-13 07:18:35)

poncherello wrote:

Alright.... rant starts now.

i'm so pissed that he didn't get to actually hit those ferrari pistons of cuddy's but thats ok i can live w/ that.
because house will eventually get into those panties eventually.. i have my hopes up.

but i thought the last episode was the season finale .... now that i know theres another episode coming i dont know if i can handle these television networks just toying w/ my emotions like this.

if house doesn't get laid i may have to shoot someone!

lock and load, buddy...

http://futoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=house

...5x24 was the finale...

i read somewhere, somebody said, just some wishful thinking/speculation that it would be cool for House to spend his time in the asylum, erm, yeah, helping the nutters... maybe he would fuck them up more psychologically... hmmm...

OK, I also didn't see that coming, but that's why I like this show smile
I'm kinda relieved that all this Cuddy thing was just a hallucination...

What now? House in hospital - haunted by ghosts, rest of the team keep on diagnosing without him? No, they need him! I bet he'll still be solving medical mysteries for them smile
I think there may be a lot of fun when House starts to mess with hospital patients and staff big_smile
I can't wait to see how it all works out!

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

It all reminds me of when David Sandstrom went into rehab in ReGenesis. I think they might handle it a bit like that...

-Rob

ReGenesis...one of my all time favourites...especially watching the eps as they were released, and then seeing in the news a few weeks or months later that the subject matter in the show actually was extremely cutting edge when it was being released. I actually loved it so much that I'll go out on a limb and give it a 9.9/10 - excluding the final episode though, because it was...whatever, you get 4 good seasons to view.

-Rob

shhh... i only just finished season [?] one of ReGenesis... shhh....

so far i'd have to give it a 7... tis good...

and yeah, i watched WoK earlier this week... and really struggled to get through it...

If you give ReGenesis a 7, what would you give a show like 24? just for comparison's sake...

-Rob

Well, I'd put Firefly and Rome up around the same level. As my favourite ever, I'd give Firefly a 9.99999...and Rome I'd tie with ReGenesis...Huff, I loved, but I'd put it a little lower...still above 9...
For me though, the scale from 1-10 is a scale of my subjective enjoyment...not of actual production value...though obviously the two are related. I mean, I wouldn't go rating something like the Big Bang Theory on a scale of production values the same way as Firefly or ReGenesis, because at least enjoyment-wise, a production value scale doesn't leave room for weighting certain aspects (like comedic awesomeness) higher. ReGenesis has some unique qualities that are well deserving of some custom scale-weighting as there's really nothing else like it out there to compare to.

Honestly, I wouldn't say every aspect of the production is 9.9 worthy, but there are aspects which make up for that in spades. The characters are fantastic, and the acting even more fantastic. Also, it's told from a Canadian perspective...whatever that may be, lol.

The only area where I'd have my doubts about sending you into it, would be that you aren't going to benefit from the coolness of seeing the episodes at the time they were released...they had episodes for example, about avian flu, BEFORE the whole avian flu thing caught on in the news...constantly, they had writing that covered such cutting edge science and politics and social issues that it was like having a little window into the near future of the evening news.

Actually, all attempts at persuasion aside, I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it for the mere fact that you're one of the ones here that might actually have something more substantial to say about it than 'it's cool', lol. Even if you came back and said it was crap, you'd be able to make a decent point to substantiate your (wrong) opinion.

-Rob

Robcore wrote:

If you give ReGenesis a 7, what would you give a show like 24? just for comparison's sake...

-Rob

honestly... i watched the pilot episode and that was more than enough for me... so... i'd give it a .5...

and keep in mind, i've only watched the first season of ReGenesis... that very well could change... it has potential to be a 9 or10 in my eyes, but there were a few quibbles i had that dropped it down... which i think honestly those quibbles i had were probably due more to my stupidity... or expecting less from it than i got, and when it was a whole lot more, i couldn't cope...

i watched it a few months ago now and have been reluctant to watch any more due to the fact that deep down i know i really should rewatch season 1 again... i don't want to say i didn't get it, but, y'know... a few times during a few episodes i just couldn't keep up with what was going on... the show is too layered, and i wasn't ready for that... need to readjust my expectations and start again really...

lol, well tC, I'm with you on 24 season 1...I had the good fortune of picking up the show on season 2, and when I went back and tried to watch season 1 I was extremely bored.

And your commentary on ReGenesis is fair as well...I know a few people who gave it strikes for being a little tough to follow, but for me, those same factors played to my favour as I tend to be one for dissecting things, and ReGenesis certainly has a lot for the ol' brain to chew on.

I'm really stoked to see what Paisley thinks of it.

Don't lol to Entourage or Californication, always surprised they are considered "comedy".

hmm...haven't watched Californication. I think Entourage is definitely a comedy though...but more in the sense of it being a parody of Hollywood life. It's not all about punchlines...it's more about people who are mostly pathetic, competing for status in an imaginary world of 'coolness'. Most other comedies are more spoof than parody, though certainly a combination of both elements can work awesomely too.
I wonder if there are appropriate words to describe the various sub-genres of comedy...

-Rob

Robcore wrote:

And your commentary on ReGenesis is fair as well...I know a few people who gave it strikes for being a little tough to follow, but for me, those same factors played to my favour as I tend to be one for dissecting things, and ReGenesis certainly has a lot for the ol' brain to chew on.

and i did the show the disservice of trying to watch the middle third of the season in one day while the kids were hanging around just doing stuff, being a little distracting, which didn't help my confusion...

i tend to burn a season of a show to disc after watching and every time i go to want to watch ReGen again i remember that i need to rewatch the first season... which up until 2 hours ago was at a friends house... looks like i know what i'm doing tomorrow smile

I guess you could call it a dramedy...but the tone is different than most dramedies that I'm aware of...*shrug*
I lol every time I watch Entourage...but it's never really important what's going on in the plot.

-Rob

It's quite difficult to imagine House off drugs and sane, but I imagine that it's hard to go wrong with this show and hopefully it will be smashing when it returns to us in September! Also more House vs. Wilson battles please!

I would like to say "House 'll never be off the drugs" but then again I never thought the show could be good without his team from the first seasons.. was wrong there so.. I have no clue what so ever about what's going to happen but I imagine it''ll be good.