Topic: Help me identify a movie

Seeing as the "Help me find a Sci-Fi series to watch" turned out pretty well I'm going to ask you guys to help me identify a movie I once watched, but I'm unable to remember the title and just vaguely what it was about (I suspect alcohol was involved when I watched it)

It was a sci-fi movie, based on Earth, no space-ships (or atleast I think not), the plot was that humans got "infested" somehow by aliens (or something) and it took control over them and made them do stuff they normally wouldnt do. I'm not sure of this but I seem to remember that if you had a special type of sunglasses on you would be able to see who was infected (sounds a bit weird doesnt it?)

If I had to guess I would guess that it came out around mid 1980's but I might be wrong.

2 (edited by Halo2 2009-02-16 00:09:02)

Re: Help me identify a movie

Googled film aliens infest humans special sunglasses see aliens.
Top results: They Live

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

yeah, have to agree, they live, john carpenter film, with the awesome line
"i came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and i'm all outa bubblegum"

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

bamuel wrote:

yeah, have to agree, they live, john carpenter film, with the awesome line
"i came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and i'm all outa bubblegum"

Didn't Duke Nukem say that?

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

5 (edited by Daemonius 2009-02-16 08:28:50)

Here is a brief big_smile history of the forementioned line...

Chew Bubblegum

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
    —Nada, They Live

This oft-parodied line originated in the 1988 film They Live! (The line was actually ad-libbed by hero and pro-wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.)

The "kick ass and chew bubblegum" quote is referenced quite often for laughs (word for word except for the one part where it's mangled); it's assumed all viewers should know it by name. This is some of the most obvious Lampshade Hanging you will likely find anywhere.

Originally used as a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner, but in parodies more often indicates an Incoming Ham.
Examples

Anime and Manga

* Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series has Bakura saying in one episode "I've come to kick ass and drink cups of tea, and I'm all out of tea!"
          o Previously, Kaiba says "I've come to kick ass and play card games, and I'm all out of cards." Then Yugi hands Kaiba his deck, which had been stolen by the Mooks.
          o It was later parodied again by Yami: "I'm here to kick ass and play Card games, and I'm all out of ass."
    * A different abridged series (Deadzone, a Dragonball Z collaboration by the guys who do Naruto and Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged) had a botched take on it:
      Piccolo: "All right. I'm here to kick bubblegum and chew ass, and I'm all out of ass...wait..."
    * One volume of Samurai Deeper Kyo has the three male protagonists saying "We're here to kick ass and chew mochi balls... and we're all out of mochi." Seeing as gum hadn't been introduced to Japan yet, the chewy, doughy stuff makes an acceptable substitute.
    * In .hack Trilogy Abridged during Haseo's fight with Tri-Edge, at 6:17-6:25, Tri-Edge says "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum,AGAIN!! I need to shop for more!"

Comic Books

* From Marvel Zombies 3:
      Aaron Stack: "I have been programmed to eviscerate your repulsive squishy organic bits and chew gum. And I hate gum."

Literature

* In Proven Guilty, book 8 of The Dresden Files, we find this gem:
      Chapter Thirty-five
      I kicked the door open, staff held ready to fight, and shouted, “And I’m all outta bubble gum!”

Live Action TV

* The Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode "The Outlaw (of Gor)" made fun of this. Before the fight, the hero is chewing on something, and Crow quips "I've come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass!"
          o Also, during the movie Santa Claus, Santa shows up (in a skit) to fight the imp Pitch, calling a similar line, but involving candy-canes rather than gum.

Video Games

* The bubblegum line was quoted almost word-for-word by the main character in the computer game Duke Nukem 3D — Duke actually rendered it as "it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum". Thanks to the Weird Al Effect, many people actually attribute this line to the Duke, rather than the earlier, comparatively less-known film.
          o In Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, the Big Bad has build a giant robot in Duke's image. During the final level, you can hear the robot mangle this line into "I came to kick bubblegum and chew ass, and I am all out of ass."
    * There is a Gunslinger boss from the Malta Group in City Of Villains who greets your character with the line "Guess what? I'm all outta bubblegum!"
          o Also, the badge description for the fifteen-month veteran badge in Co V reads, "You've spent fifteen months chewing bubblegum and kicking butt. You ran out of gum a long time ago."
    * Invictus, a somewhat obscure strategy game, rendered the line as "I've come to kick butt and eat goats, and I'm all out of goats".
    * The online game Adventure Quest has this as one of the many, many cheesy Stock Phrases the Guardian Dragon uses when summoned.
    * Guild Wars: One of Gwen's battle quotes: "...and I'm all out of mossgum!"
    * World Of Warcraft: "I have come from the frozen heart of Naxxramas to feast on souls and deliver a vicious threshing upon our sworn enemies- and I'm all out of souls."
          o "Report to Vice Admiral Keller just northwest of here and let him know that you're all out of bubble gum. "
    * Warriors Orochi 2, the second game in a series of crossovers between Koei's Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, has this one from Sun Wukong: "I'm ready to paint the town red! And I'm all out of paint!"

Webcomics

* In Bob And George Dr. Light mangles the line due to being really drunk in this comic.
    * Subverted in Mac Hall. They were all out of ass.
    * No Need For Bushido uses the line "Yori's ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and he's fresh out of bubblegum!" as a subtitle on its banner at Top Web Comics.com
    * Parodied in The Non Adventures Of Wonderella, when the titular character gets pissed off at a sentient Target store:
      Wonderella: I'm here to buy bubblegum and eat cookies...and you're all out of bubblegum.
    * Felicity Flint of John Troutman's various comics once gets distracted in the middle of it:
      Felicity: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of - OOH, Bubble Tape!
    * The Forums for the webcomic Dresden Codak had a forum regular sprout "It's time for badass Kimiko to kick ass and manipulate the structure of synthetic polymers, and she's all out of synthetic polymers."

Western Animation

* Numbuh 4 of the Kids Next Door also referenced the quote in "UNCOOL", with chewy pellets instead of gum. (The episode also featured zombies, so it fits.)

Oh yeah, and the site from where I got that: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … wBubblegum

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

"They Live" it is!!! Ty smile