Re: Season 1 Premiere

I absolutely hated the 3rd episode.. I found it ridiculous somehow.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&k=0ef7e7de42c02d531b7c2d0f913cc132&user=Keisu

sc1982 wrote:
Daemonius wrote:

Maybe the reason is that I never have been a fan of Joss... Buffy movie is good, the show was ok for a few seasons, but then again so was The Power Rangers when I was a kid...

Wow, you liked the Buffy movie? Well then, I'm starting to understand now...

oh come on... the buffy movie was good camp b-grade fun...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Episode 3 was just shit... no other way to describe it

If the next episode isn't amazing, that's it for me... I've got better things to spend my time on that second rate tv.

I predict dollhouse will be canned within 5 weeks

This show would have to become really terrible, for me to stop watching...
I hope that it gets better, but as long as it doesn't get much worse, I'm going to continue to watch...

The main problem with Dollhouse so far is the shitty weekly stories! We are starting to get somewhere with other continuing areas of the show, the cop harrasing the wannabe gangster who is actually a doll, Echo and Siera recognising each other when they arnt ment to know whats going on. Guess we will have to see what happens just stop judging the show on the shtty weekly story lines thats not what any JW is good at, JW shows tend to be more about the pesonalities than about weekly stories and that takes some time to set up, unfortunatly thats not what most people want from tv.

Im not saying by any stretch that its good atm because it is far from it and i would personally have done things differantly to allow for much more rapid development of the characters but it has potential still atm, now if in a few episodes its still like this then well i dont think it will get past s1 it would be a real shame though if people short attention spans ruin what has potential to be a great show.

Just finished the third episode and it's good... here's why.  It gave you a hint... the very slightest hint of whats coming up next... and that i can live with.   The first couple episodes were very drôle to say the least, but now we know a little more about the characters.  This shows turning out to be a big picture thing, like 24 just without the ticking clock.   

Agent Ballard can actually kick some ass.  Glad to see he has some moves even though i think that sweep to the leg was horribly executed, but that's another topic.  Before he was searching aimlessly for the dollhouse, but now he has a lead in Victor.

Obviously Sierra and Echo have grown resistant to the memory wipes... probably a long term side effect of the multiple imprints they've had.  Which will either have them break free from the dollhouse like in Prison Break or organize all the dolls to gain their freedom like in Gladiator....  or something in between. 

In the very least i'm just glad this show is moving in a good direction because the way the first two episodes were shot and edited i thought they messed up the order. 

Still sticking with it, just still not on my tivo.  Don't fail me now Joss.

poncherello wrote:

Obviously Sierra and Echo have grown resistant to the memory wipes... probably a long term side effect of the multiple imprints they've had.

Sierra's a new doll though.

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

After watching the fourth episode i have to say the show improved quite a bit. I wasn't impressed at first, but now i think Dollhouse could become a fairly decent show.
Maybe i was kinda disappointed in the beginning cause i was expecting a lot from a new Joss Whedon show. It certainly won't be as good as Firefly (hard to compare the two series anyway) but I'm gonna stick with it for now smile

Yeah this weeks episode was much better, looks like i will be tuning in for a few more weeks

Yeah it was much better this week as it strayed off the usual formula.

(Can we get a separate forum btw? Seems crazy having one massive thread for the episodes smile)

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

theConundrumm wrote:
sc1982 wrote:
Daemonius wrote:

Maybe the reason is that I never have been a fan of Joss... Buffy movie is good, the show was ok for a few seasons, but then again so was The Power Rangers when I was a kid...

Come on buddy, a good B-movie is Army of Darkness, the Buffy movie was nowhere near good.

The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.

I'm not evil, I'm just virtue intolerant

3v1lkr0w wrote:
theConundrumm wrote:
sc1982 wrote:

Come on buddy, a good B-movie is Army of Darkness, the Buffy movie was nowhere near good.

Gotta give him that one, Army of Darkness smoked Buffy the movie

proteinnerd wrote:

Gotta give him that one, Army of Darkness smoked Buffy the movie

Yep. he speaks the truth.

How did the Dollhouse thread become about Army of Darkness... we definitely need a Dollhouse forum.
Although:

"Clatto Verata Nnn.. Necktie... Necktum... Nickel... it's an "n"-word, it's definitely an "n"-word!" big_smile

Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

Well i have dollhouse in my to watch list but just haven't had the time of late...  i might have a look at it tonight and see what u are all talking about.

"Be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be. "

oh, army of darkness is THE b grade movie, that goes without saying... i would likes to see ash take on movie buffy...

Yea, that movie is cult smile

Im not sure about dollhouse. it came out on saturday and i still havent watched it. that says alot

Hi my name is Ina and I have an addiction... To tv shows <3 Also add me on snapchat at inav4e

InaFina wrote:

Im not sure about dollhouse. it came out on saturday and i still havent watched it. that says alot

I give it a few more episodes, than all are minds will be changed smile

paisley1 wrote:

The goal is in getting us 18-35 year old intelligent scifi nuts.....

Ageist dog.

"To be born English is to win the lottery of life." Cecil Rhodes 1853-1902
"The man was right." Maccool111 1955-20**
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&amp;kk=eb307b8950c5d3766bd38b4bee466c98

paisley1 wrote:

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Give me some sugar baby

Yoo she bitch. Let's go!
That scene with the witch was so funny big_smile

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

some of the best one liners of all time come outta bruce's mouth.

poncherello wrote:

some of the best one liners of all time come outta bruce's mouth.

and the entirety of 'my name is bruce'.... that plot was kinda wonky, but damn did i laugh my whole way through it...