Topic: 3x12 (possible spoilers)

anyone else notice heroes becoming the 4400.
ive thought this since the 2nd season when a virus spread only affecting those with abilities, granted they put their own twist on it, but its way too similar.
and now on the episode they go and inject military with a formula to give them abilities we have none other than chad faust (kyle baldwin) in he episode.
i mean i know that most tv shows are rip offs of others but not this much.
the only difference is that in the 4400 everone needed to have powers to save the owrld and heroes its the opposite.

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

Re: 3x12 (possible spoilers)

I get the feeling having Chad Faust as the solider dude was some form of an inside joke, or maybe like an easter egg type of thing... it can't be a coincidence... either way though, I do like him as an actor.

In terms of Heroes being like The 4400... well ya, I mean sure there are similarities, especially now with the serum and all. But in all honesty I think this subplot was kinda inevitable for Heroes, so I don't agree that it is a ripoff of The 4400...

3 (edited by Ward 2008-12-09 17:21:35)

So I was wondering, how did Arthur Petrelli get onto that rooftop 16 years ago? Does he have time traveling powers? Or was that the Arthur Petrelli from 16 years ago, which would mean he was the catalyst and had these abilities the whole time. Neither of em make sense to me.

well it had to be the present day him, i think you just have to assume that he has taken lots of powers from different people in the past, he has TK, E.S.P and we know he has regeneration too, so he could have met another time traveler in the past and taken their ability

Ya I was wondering about that also... I guess we are simply expected to assume he acquired a time-travel-like ability at some point..

Ward wrote:

So I was wondering, how did Arthur Petrelli get onto that rooftop 16 years ago? Does he have time traveling powers? Or was that the Arthur Petrelli from 16 years ago, which would mean he was the catalyst and had these abilities the whole time. Neither of em make sense to me.

Peter had time-traveling powers and Arthur took his powers... so smile

I've also noticed some similarities to 4400, but there are also a lot of differences.. And I really enjoyed seeing Faust...

btw, this was the second episode where the person billed Special Guest Star was dead and last seen BEFORE the billing. tongue I kinda find that annoying...

Are you talking about Bell?

sorry did you say someone died in heroes? did they? am i waching a different show?

Yes, Elle died.. you know.. Kristen Bell aka Veronica Mars aka Sylers "girlfriend"...

Yes! The same when David Anders died... First death, then Special Guest Star billing....

Damn, i miss 4400..