1 (edited by Daemonius 2008-08-16 09:27:08)

Topic: SG-A s05e05 ***Possible Spoilers***

So, what did you think about the episode?

I can't believe the brought her back...

Episode it self was above average, IMHO.

When she first contacted via the computer, for a while I tought she was gonna say "all your base are belong to us" but then they cut away...

But as always, they left a door open for another comeback...

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: SG-A s05e05 ***Possible Spoilers***

i hope they do bring her back, mainly because the actress playing her was smoking!

anyway, yeah good episode, opened it up for an episode arc later on, lots of cgi which is always good to see. and many rodney moments!

didnt quite get that shepard/weir look at the end, was it just because she was going to her death, or was it somethign else!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=85e65db0d96f6a994a2b7523a1ae2ca0

IMHO this season is extremely weak and I'm on the verge of not watching any more.
I've been watching this franchise since the very beginning, and am finding SGA moving further and further away from the shows roots.
I originally liked the show (SG-1) because of the fact that it looked at the bigger picture and that Earth was really just a small spec in our galaxy.
On SGA it's just getting to be far to unrealistic and becoming more like a fantasy or Trek-type of show.
I mean, all problems are generally fixed by plugging a laptop in and writing software or pressing some buttons. The fillers are just annoying as well.

And the tie-ins are getting weaker too. Last nights episode, while the actor playing 'Weir' was smoking and all, I was very very disappointed. It's one thing to replace the original Weir from SG-1 with the much hotter Tori Higgins, it's another to have the character channel a different body. Explain it away, but it's things like this that make the show become more transparent.

I love shows like BSG & SG-1 for the fact they consist of space tech, but don't dwell on it or use big bullsh** words to describe it. SGA is becoming more and more like a Trek show (not that there's anything wrong with them, they're just not my cup of tea).

In my opinion, they should wrap up the story with the Wraith and end the show similar to what they did with SG-1 (which even that was a bit weak).

I have been a loyal SG-franchise fan from the start (and I mean the movie with Kurt Russell & James Spader). I'm really not enjoying the shows any more and will be selectively watching them, and may not even tune in next week.

Feel free to flame away, I'm just a loyal fan who is watching one of his favourite shows go from being awesome to just plain lame (IMHO of course).

4 (edited by xrnzaaas 2008-08-17 13:53:47)

S05E05 was by far one of the worst episodes of SG:A. I don't understand why they even bothered to introduce  "false" dr Weir when she had to "die" at the end anyway. And the whole idea for her ressurection is just dumb. They should finish the story with the Wraith and end the show or present them with a new threat, because this season is starting off very badly.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

You are all so funny.

AND WRONG.

"To be born English is to win the lottery of life." Cecil Rhodes 1853-1902
"The man was right." Maccool111 1955-20**
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=eb307b8950c5d3766bd38b4bee466c98

It sucked monkeyballs. Only good thing was Fran/Weir who is a very attractive looking woman. Rest was boring juggling with the laptop. Needs way more action.

Also getting tired of all the machiavellism being thrown around lately. They've turned the biggest bureaucrat into a law-bending machine and rest of the field seem to have developed ridiculously high sense of morality and self-sacrifice.

For a show with guns and huge ass slick spaceships and evil looking ETs, there is certainly not nearly enough cool stuff. The violence should be the answer more often than not in a show like this. Wouldn't want it to be like A-Team where the accuracy of the characters was next to none.

i liked the episode very much. so far one of the best episode in this season. lots of CGI and Rodney tongue

lozzmo wrote:

It's one thing to replace the original Weir from SG-1 with the much hotter Tori Higgins

dude you should really check your eyes

"Avenge Me."
"Judgment Day is inevitable."

godzionu wrote:
lozzmo wrote:

It's one thing to replace the original Weir from SG-1 with the much hotter Tori Higgins

You mean that my personal opinion is incorrect? My apologies. :-)

lozzmo wrote:

You mean that my personal opinion is incorrect? My apologies. :-)

not that is was referring to. but still check your eyes tongue

"Avenge Me."

So what were you referring to?
As far as fact is concerned, the Weir that acted in SGA is not the same as the one in SG-1.
Or the fact that I misspelt her surname while furiously typing out my thoughts?

lozzmo wrote:

So what were you referring to?
As far as fact is concerned, the Weir that acted in SGA is not the same as the one in SG-1.
Or the fact that I misspelt her surname while furiously typing out my thoughts?

i know that Weir in SG-1 was hotter than the Weir in Atlantis. what is was telling that the babe in episode 5 who was playing Weir is way hotter than the original Weir from the Atlantis.

"Avenge Me."

Ah, so you *are* saying that your opinion is more correct than mine. ;-)

lozzmo wrote:

Ah, so you *are* saying that your opinion is more correct than mine. ;-)

of course... tongue don't you know that all people are equal, but some are more equal than others tongue

"Avenge Me."

lozzmo wrote:

IMHO this season is extremely weak and I'm on the verge of not watching any more.
I've been watching this franchise since the very beginning, and am finding SGA moving further and further away from the shows roots.

I must say I agree with these comments. I think I will give it one more episode and if it doesn't improve not waste my bandwidth. I am just finding it plain boring at the moment.

colinsp wrote:

I must say I agree with these comments. I think I will give it one more episode and if it doesn't improve not waste my bandwidth. I am just finding it plain boring at the moment.

ever considered getting better internet connection?
it takes me to download 1 episode like 20-30 minutes and upload it like max 2 hours.

"Avenge Me."

He could be talking about his cap limit...

It doesn't matter how fast your internet is if you can only download XGB a month. That's one of the problems I have sad

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Halo2 wrote:

It doesn't matter how fast your internet is if you can only download XGB a month. That's one of the problems I have sad

whoa really? ok then. ever consider moving to another country? tongue
her in Estonia in have no limits of download. i pay like $25 per month for my internet and no limits and restrictions. and i even hope noone is "watching" me either tongue

"Avenge Me."

Halo2 wrote:

I actually should correct myself and say, after your cap limit, you usually then pay per GB gone over.

So the cap limit is only a limit in the sense that is it free (including in the monthly charge) until then.

godzionu wrote:

whoa really? ok then. ever consider moving to another country? tongue
her in Estonia in have no limits of download. i pay like $25 per month for my internet and no limits and restrictions. and i even hope noone is "watching" me either tongue

You might find you have a fair usuage policy and your limit is 150GB+ per month. (It'll probably be in the small print of your contract.) But then your not using a UK ISP so this might no be the case. That's how they usually give a "unlimited" cap here in the UK by doing that. It's rare that a normal user exceeds 150GB+ a month.
That's around 430 episode of a normal 350MB TV show in next-episode.net speak smile

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

godzionu wrote:

i liked the episode very much. so far one of the best episode in this season. lots of CGI and Rodney tongue

lozzmo wrote:

be more tolerant, some people like milf's wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

Halo2 wrote:

That's around 430 episode of a normal 350MB TV show in next-episode.net speak smile

dude you are forgetting pr0n tongue

and i do not have any limitations. not even in a small print in the contract.

"Avenge Me."