Topic: Random Discussion

Episode 2x08, peter meets The Haitian and hes used to supress Peters powers.

Surely, Peter would imediatly absorb the suppression powers and supress The Haitian's own supression power.

Not to mention that even if he can supress a supression power, he would still absorb it and stop Adam roe from healing 4 months later when he hits him with lightning.

Is that right?

Re: Random Discussion

He can't absorb the suppression power because his power to absorb is negated.

"Dayman. Fighter of the Nightman. Champion of the Sun. You're a master of Karate and friendship for everyone." --Electric Dream Machine

Re: Random Discussion

nice answer orb

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

4 (edited by _mccutcheon 2007-11-14 11:42:20)

Re: Random Discussion

my head just started to spin with all the "supressing the supression powers"...
btw: anyone else going nuts about still not knowing what angela petrelli's power is?

edit: I know there are a couple of theories about her powers out there, but we can't be certain.

"The hammer - is my penis."

Re: Random Discussion

join the club! sad I think she has the ability to control people - based on the way she touched Nathans wife and told her not to do something - and she obeyed.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

6 (edited by _mccutcheon 2007-11-14 11:46:19)

Re: Random Discussion

nightcrow wrote:

join the club! sad I think she has the ability to control people - based on the way she touched Nathans wife and told her not to do something - and she obeyed.

Indeed. It was pretty intensely shown in this last episode that she seems to be able to persuade people via close contact. But it there's one thing I learned it's that with Heroes you can never ever be sure. What's weird is that neither of her sons has ever bothered to ask her about her powers. I mean, if I was Peter or Nathan I certainly wouldn't think: Nah, good ol' mum just happens to know about all this shit I'm going through. I'm sure she doesn't have powers herself. We just got our perchance. wink

edit: UNLESS she persuades them not to ask. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! my head hurts now.

"The hammer - is my penis."

Re: Random Discussion

At this point we can be pretty certain that mama petreli has some sort of power. Some sort of persuasion being the only one we can even speculate about by now.
And we're sure about her having a power because none of the heroes comes from 'nowhere', they all have direct relation (son/daughter of) people with powers. And we know that their father had no power (from an online comic last year). Unless she really doesn't have a power and Nathan and Peter are sons of Linderman, but that would be too much of a stretch.

Which leads me to the pretty obvious theory that all people with powers are directly descendant from Adam/Kensei. Which is why he chose the name Adam in the first place. Which of course would mean that Hiro is his grand-grand-grand Son, which takes us to plain weird land tongue

That theory also makes sense of Papa Suresh's "location algorithm", because if we go down x-men road with powers being a result of random mutation of the human genome, that would mean he can't really device an algorithm to locate mutants.

God I love this show smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

how did nathan's wife heal again? she was in a wheelchair, right? am i daydreaming again?

9 (edited by Completenutter2 2007-11-14 18:31:00)

Re: Random Discussion

daluwe wrote:

how did nathan's wife heal again? she was in a wheelchair, right? am i daydreaming again?

That was linderman...I had the same thought, until my housemate reminded me.

It seems to me that mrs. petrelli, has some way of inserting thoughts, because she allowed peter to remember part of his life (in the bit in 2008).

I also believe that Peter would absorb the haitian's power, but as with all his other powers, he doesn't just get to use them unless he needs to, plus his power would have been supressed.

I'm just trying to figure out Adam Monroe's role in all this, and whether or not he's a good guy, I hope so, I like the actor smile

And I want to know more about the boss dude of the company, what's his power?

I'm glad to be able to say that Heroes rescued itself from being chucked in the bin, the first few episodes were, at best, awful, lol. Its getting good again! big_smile

10 (edited by Halo2 2007-11-14 20:16:15)

Re: Random Discussion

Andy_Soooon wrote:

Not to mention that even if he can supress a supression power, he would still absorb it and stop Adam roe from healing 4 months later when he hits him with lightning.

I'm not sure if he suppress them, or he stops the person from using them (almost like making them forget). I think that's more likely as he makes Peter forget everything, but his healing power still works. I don't think Claire makes herself heal, her body does it for her, where as Hiro's power needs im to control it, so it can easily be stopped... If that makes any sense :s

Also are Claires and Adams powers different? They've never mentioned her blood can cure people (like Adam did with Nathan), I doubt they are, just intriguing. Does that also mean Peter and Claire will live forever like Adam? (And why isn't he still like really young (teenagerish) does the power suddenly turn on?)

I'd also like to know what Bob's power is tool! He seems pretty useless most of the time. (He was crapping himself when he was "marked" to be killed or whatever).

Oh and did Hiro's Dad have powers too?

And another thing, surely Peter would of met Linderman before as he was a family friend, so why doesn't he have the healing power? (Or is that another case of his powers just turning on?)

I think Peter's mums power is like Edens... Without the whispering in the ear.

Like the thread title says, correct me if i'm wrong! smile

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: Random Discussion

Isn't Bob's power that he can turn things into gold? Or did I dream it? Didn't he change a spoon to gold when he was in a restaurant with Suresh? He was saying that the Company has means of financing the research.

So many little things to remember...

Re: Random Discussion

Oooooh yeah, you are of course right. He did.

@Halo2, yeah, he did, but I don't think we knew what it was.

@Halo2 again, Peter would have met linderman, but they've not always had their powers. They seem to just appear at random times. Like just one day they're able to do that. I don't think Nathan's always been able to fly. I could be wrong of course, lol.

Re: Random Discussion

Oh yeah, I remember that now... No wonder I forgot, hardly impressive. He's a little bald leprcaun. Great for money but not much else!

Also another thing to add. Does Jessica/Nikki/Gina actually have a power? Nikki doesn't seem to have anything, Jessica has super strength, and Gina's isn't yet shown (if she has one at all).
I don't see how split personality is one...
And I was thinking today (after watching "Five Years Gone", where Peter and Nikki are together), why doesn't Peter absorb her power if it is split personality. (And if he had of, I don't think he'd of been able to control it (as Nikki can't), so we'd defiantly see he had it I think). That's what brought me to the lines of thinking does Nikki/etc/etc have a power?!

Oh and one more thing. El (Kisten Bell) also was on the phone to someone she called Daddy (after she killed Katlin's (the Irish lass) brother). I initially thought this was Bob, but after S02E08 it seems that she and Bob aren't related, so who was she talking too? Or does she just call Bob "Daddy" cause she's a naughty school girl big_smile SO hot.

And another amusing thing has just popped up after someone above mention Adam was the first... Presuming Hiro hadn't gone back in time to see Kensei. Kensei fell in love with the Princess yes? Well, wouldn't that be Hiro's great-great-great-great-grandmother? So when he kisses her, he's actually kissing his great-great-great-great-grandmother!! lol tongue
That's just more of an amusing after thought tongue

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: Random Discussion

I thought that jessica/nikkia/gina couldnt control her power and created asplit personality to control it.. think thats what i gathered from the last episode when bob was talking to her but i could be wrong

Game Over
10 Years and counting

Re: Random Discussion

A couple of things.

Bob's power is hardly minor league. He can fucking turn stuff to gold. Money's everything guys. The company wouldn't exist if they didn't have the money to fund the whole damn thing.

Nikki's power is super strength. All the jessica-lagirl thing is just her being wacko. And Peter did absorb the super strength while fighting Syler at the end of season 1, when NIkki was Nikki.

Haitian's power is to surpress. I'm pretty positive about that. I'm sure he can stop Clair and Adam from healing. And that's the one power Peter can't absorb. I can think of one guy that can, though. More on this later.

Nothing shows that Clair's and Adam's powers are different. There's no evidence of that so far. And there's all the evidence in the world that they work exactly the same way. Occam's Razor.

Time travel things - Kensei/Adam never was the hero, hiro thought he was. It was actually Hiro that's the Hero. All the stories Hiro heard as a kid, was the version that hot-daughter distributed around back in feudal japan. You can't presume Hiro hadn't gone back in time, because he actually did. And all that we've seen in BOTH seasons one and two are a product of Hiro going back in time. It's as simple an explanation as there is in time travel theory. Again, Occam's Razor.

Hiro's father might not have had a power or he might have had one. Or Hiro's mother might have had one. We don't know that.

There's one major thing to think about. Are Adam and Bob working together? Why is the most dangerous criminal that the company has ever known put in the "cell" right next to Peter. And they leave him talking to Peter all that time. I personally believe he is. But that just me. Oh and Adam is the bad guy, that's sure.

Now that we know that powers can be... at the least bit similar and at most the same, you have to ask a question - are Peter's and Syler's powers the same. And Syler, being the batshit insane dickwad he is, maybe imagines the whole clockwork, have to know how shit works and EAT BRAIIIIIINS and he doesn't really have to do it. But if they're not the same, Syler is the only hero that can absorb the Haitian's powers. Which is sort of scary.

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

Just renamed the thread, let's use this one for all discussions. It's easier to keep track of and won't clutter the forums. Plus it's the only thread you have to get away from if you haven't watched the show.

yay me. I'm smart.

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

arashi wrote:

Haitian's power is to surpress. I'm pretty positive about that. I'm sure he can stop Clair and Adam from healing. And that's the one power Peter can't absorb. I can think of one guy that can, though. More on this later.

I have to disagree on that, I think it's more of making them not thinking about using their powers, they don't need to think about being healed. An example of this is when Peter first meets Claire, and they fall off the building and Peter survives and he doesn't know how (Claire thinks he can do what she can do). He didn't think about healing himself there, as he didn't know he had the power yet. (In fact I tempted to say (this could be my bad memory) that he didn't even know what his actual power (absorption) was then).
And also if the Haitian can stop Adam from healing, they would of killed him, simple.
Peter also might be able to absorb the Haitians power, as the Haitian can turn his power off so to speak, so Peter might of absorbed it then.


arashi wrote:

Time travel things - Kensei/Adam never was the hero, hiro thought he was. It was actually Hiro that's the Hero. All the stories Hiro heard as a kid, was the version that hot-daughter distributed around back in feudal japan. You can't presume Hiro hadn't gone back in time, because he actually did. And all that we've seen in BOTH seasons one and two are a product of Hiro going back in time. It's as simple an explanation as there is in time travel theory. Again, Occam's Razor.

But before Hiro went back in time, he thought Kensei was the Kensei hero he thought he was. Then when he went back in time he changed all that by betraying Adam and getting with the princess. He then changed history, and became the Kensei he heard about in the stories.
The only reason Adam is bad (in the future) is because of Hiro acting like he did in the past.
Though if Hiro's Dad, and Adam were in the group (shown in the photo), Adam would of known who Hiro was...

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: Random Discussion

@arashi: "Official Discussion Thread [ SPOILERS!!!!!!!!]" lol

arashi wrote:

It's easier to keep track of and won't clutter the forums.

I thought the Heroes Forum itself is the Official Discussion Place. IMHO it's much more difficult to follow a 300 post cluttered topic than many topics wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Random Discussion

well, you're wrong. At this point i'll have to repeat what I said in the other thread.

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

Halo2 wrote:

I have to disagree on that, I think it's more of making them not thinking about using their powers, they don't need to think about being healed. An example of this is when Peter first meets Claire, and they fall off the building and Peter survives and he doesn't know how (Claire thinks he can do what she can do). He didn't think about healing himself there, as he didn't know he had the power yet. (In fact I tempted to say (this could be my bad memory) that he didn't even know what his actual power (absorption) was then).

He did know. That was the reason why invisible man pushed him off the building. And he did activate the power, even if it was only as a subconscious reflex to save himself.

halo2 wrote:

And also if the Haitian can stop Adam from healing, they would of killed him, simple.

Not if Bob (the Company) and Adam are working together.

Peter also might be able to absorb the Haitians power, as the Haitian can turn his power off so to speak, so Peter might of absorbed it then.

Source? When was it mentioned that the Haitian can turn his power off? All heroes in the series are modeled after X-Man. The assumptions I'm making are based on the Haitian being based on Leech (Jimmy in the third X-Men movie). Leech can't control his power. He just negates all mutations of people around him.

Halo2 wrote:

But before Hiro went back in time, he thought Kensei was the Kensei hero he thought he was. Then when he went back in time he changed all that by betraying Adam and getting with the princess. He then changed history, and became the Kensei he heard about in the stories.
The only reason Adam is bad (in the future) is because of Hiro acting like he did in the past.

You got it backwards. Back in Chapter I, the past had still happened, even if Hiro jumped to the past to take part in those events from the relative future from Chapter I's point of view. Time travel can be sticky but that's as simple as it gets really. Kensei, if you remember would've never become Kensei the Legend or fallen in love with hot-daughter-chick if it wasn't for Hiro being there.  Remember that when he got there, Kensei was a drunkard gaijin who wanted no part in becoming a storied legend. You're right about Adam being a "bad guy" because of hiro, but remember that the company existed in Chapter I. And the company was founded by/because of Adam.

Halo2 wrote:

Though if Hiro's Dad, and Adam were in the group (shown in the photo), Adam would of known who Hiro was...

This is a good one. But here's the rub - Adam doesn't know exactly where Hiro appears in time. He has some clues as to the possible time frame, but not many. Adam might have worked with Hiro's dad and never met Hiro himself. And it's not extremely likely that Hiro's dad would boast about having a son that can brake the time-space continuum in front of the people who's sole purpose is to stop mutants with potentially dangerous abilities. As soon as Adam realized Hiro's dad was actually the father of Hiro, he sat out to fulfill his oath - Destroy everything Hiro ever loves, and killed the father.

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

arashi wrote:

'cause I got spoiled and pissed off smile

I see wink

Well OK then - let's see how it works out. Great that you like the show so much that you keep us all on track smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Random Discussion

arashi wrote:

This is a good one. But here's the rub - Adam doesn't know exactly where Hiro appears in time. He has some clues as to the possible time frame, but not many. Adam might have worked with Hiro's dad and never met Hiro himself. And it's not extremely likely that Hiro's dad would boast about having a son that can brake the time-space continuum in front of the people who's sole purpose is to stop mutants with potentially dangerous abilities. As soon as Adam realized Hiro's dad was actually the father of Hiro, he sat out to fulfill his oath - Destroy everything Hiro ever loves, and killed the father.

Well, thats not so true. Considering that whoever killed Hiro's father is killing all the original 12 - for 'their sin'.

They did something terrible, I have some assumptions as to what they did - but I dont think Hiros father was killed because Adam is killing everything that Hiro loves. Peter Petrellis mother was almost killed and she has no relation to Hiro at all - so when you say:

arashi wrote:

As soon as Adam realized Hiro's dad was actually the father of Hiro, he sat out to fulfill his oath

- thats not so accurate.

Now, assuming Matts (the mindreader dream guy) dad tried to kill Peters mum (as we still dont know for certain who it was) and Adam killed Hiros dad (we also still dont know that for certain - even though it seems obvious) - that means Adam and Matts dad are working together to kill off the original 12 - I dont think that relates to Adam wanting revenge on Hiro because there is no reason for Matts dad to want to get revenge on Hiro meaning that there must be a more superior reason.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

Re: Random Discussion

oh my, this thread has gotten long and confusing, so here are just two things I can remember wanting to say while I read this convolute of words smile


1. about Peter absorbing Linderman's powers: Peter absorbs powers only if they are used in front of him, if he actually witnesses them whether knowing or not knowing it. at least I think I remember something like that from season 1.

2. Nikki: I agree (with however said it before) that Nikki is the one "owning" her power and that it has nothing to do with her split personalities. Those were probably triggered because of/by her sister's death and have since evolved and split further. But the power is inherently Nikkis. She just has to learn how to access it (which she occasionally does, see end of season 1) without "activating" Jessica or any of her other personalities.

Which is why I've thought for some time now that all Nikki really needs is no mutation-nullifying drug but simply psychotherapy to treat her "psychological condition" - which is after all purely human and not connected to her powers in any way. by the way I love Nikki; that character is just so interesting on so many levels, it's fascinating.

"The hammer - is my penis."

Re: Random Discussion

_mccutcheon wrote:

1. about Peter absorbing Linderman's powers: Peter absorbs powers only if they are used in front of him, if he actually witnesses them whether knowing or not knowing it. at least I think I remember something like that from season 1.

I don't think that's true. Peter absorbed Nikki's power for the Cyler fight at the end of Season I from her just being there. That's what I remember at least.

On the Adam thing. I think it was clear that Adam and Parkman's dad are working together. And I'm pretty sure P-dad is the one that attacked mama Petrelli. The thing that the Jury's still out on is if Adam is working with Bob and the company. There are some circumstantial clues on the matter, but most of them can be easily attributed to bad writing. So I guess we're on the phase wait and see. At least one of us can wave around a good healthy HA I CALLED IT in the next two weeks smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/signature.php?cposition=1&sfontsize=2&bgcolor=%23ff00ff&fcolor=%23ffff99&c_message=he+is+and+he+knows+it.+&w=500&k=bd113e67cb662d861e0200fa423b2d22&user=arashi

Re: Random Discussion

arashi wrote:
halo2 wrote:

Peter also might be able to absorb the Haitians power, as the Haitian can turn his power off so to speak, so Peter might of absorbed it then.

Source? When was it mentioned that the Haitian can turn his power off? All heroes in the series are modeled after X-Man. The assumptions I'm making are based on the Haitian being based on Leech (Jimmy in the third X-Men movie). Leech can't control his power. He just negates all mutations of people around him.

Well the Haitian can turn his powers off. Watch 1x05 - Hiros (2 mins 50 secs into it). When he and Bennet try to capture Nathan in Vegas they fail, because he flies away... with the Haitian less than a metre away.
That's my source and my assumption (well more me stating fact). Explain that... tongue

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile