26 (edited by proteinnerd 2024-06-23 01:04:12)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

I'm recovering from surgery and on some pretty strong painkillers so things are a little fuzzy. 

Spoiler

When did we go from 2 Jasons to however many we have now all in this universe? Was that introduced in episode 7?

27 (edited by paisley1 2024-06-23 03:11:03)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

proteinnerd wrote:

I'm recovering from surgery and on some pretty strong painkillers so things are a little fuzzy. 

Spoiler

When did we go from 2 Jasons to however many we have now all in this universe? Was that introduced in episode 7?

I hope the surgery went well and you have a speedy recovery, wishing you all the best man. Check your PM's.

As for your spoiler...

Spoiler

it was the end of 1x7 and all of 1x8 that multiple Jason's showed up, so much fun!

28

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

Nice season finale.

Hope to see season 2 of this show.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

29 (edited by paisley1 2024-06-29 16:04:13)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

1x9 Entanglement - Predictable, and played out how I'd assume it would go, and didn't do much to subvert my expectations.  Oddly, the Premiere and Finale episodes were the weakest of the season for me.  This episode proved that box travel is still a necessary hook to engage an audience in this story, as Jason and Daniella are kinda boring without it.

Spoiler

You'd think real Jason and Daniella would've had longer more frantic conversations about what each other went through while they were apart instead of so much B roll of them driving.  I would've used the drive as an opportunity for exposition, to flesh out where they were at with each other.  Perhaps fear and anxiety, and not talking about it, are more likely in that situation, but it is a show, and I'd want a better conversation then what we got.

Also, the hook of the show is travelling through the box, and that didn't happen til the end, so the episode just didn't interest me.  Enjoyed the infinite regress of Jasons, even though I called that in episode 7.

Evil Jason having a change of heart, vowing to set things right, ended the show on an upbeat, which was refreshing.

Would love a season 2.

30 (edited by nightcrow 2024-06-27 10:54:44)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

paisley1 wrote:

1x9 Entanglement - Predictable, and played out how I'd assume it would go, and didn't do much to subvert my expectations.  Oddly, the Premiere and Finale episodes were the weakest of the season for me.  This episode proved that box travel is still a necessary hook to engage an audience in this story, as Jason and Daniella are kinda boring without it.

Spoiler

You'd think real Jason and Daniella would've had longer more frantic conversations about what each other went through while they were apart instead of so much B roll of them driving.  I would've used the drive as an opportunity for exposition, to flesh out where they were at with each other.  Perhaps fear and anxiety, and not talking about it, are more likely in that situation, but it is a show, and I'd want a better conversation then what we got.

Also, the hook of the show is travelling through the box, and that didn't happen til the end, so the episode just didn't interest me.  Enjoyed the infinite regress of Jasons, even though I called that in episode 7.

Evil Jason having a change of heart, vowing to set things right, ended the show on an upbeat, which was refreshing.

Would love a season 2.


I kind of expected

Spoiler

more doubt from Daniela. Like questioning if he is 'her' Jason. She kinda fell into it a bit too easily.

I also liked seeing the pain of the other Jasons, because they truely believed they should be with her and their "wife" was being taken away from them. That must be super hard for them to see.

I think Season 2 can explore a world of Jasons and the fact the Ryan and Amanda are in the same world - which i noticed in the episode where Ryan was dropped off. The question is, how does he know Amanda?

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

31 (edited by paisley1 2024-06-29 16:04:27)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

nightcrow wrote:

I kind of expected

Spoiler

more doubt from Daniela. Like questioning if he is 'her' Jason. She kinda fell into it a bit too easily.

I also liked seeing the pain of the other Jasons, because they truely believed they should be with her and their "wife" was being taken away from them. That must be super hard for them to see.

I think Season 2 can explore a world of Jasons and the fact the Ryan and Amanda are in the same world - which i noticed in the episode where Ryan was dropped off. The question is, how does he know Amanda?

Ya, I agree...

Spoiler

...like, we never got the sense that he was the "real" Jason, I was expecting a conversation that way, and a lot of other conversations just like that but they didn't write any, so the episode landed really flat to me between Jason and Daniella.

That Ryan and Amanda moment had to be set up for season 2 because it was really out of no where and didn't track with the rest of the story.

Season 1 is a solid 8/10.

32

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

paisley1 wrote:

1x9 Entanglement - Predictable, and played out how I'd assume it would go, and didn't do much to subvert my expectations.  Oddly, the Premiere and Finale episodes were the weakest of the season for me.

I don't even recall how much I liked 1x1, but yes, the finale wasn't so hot. It made me look forward less to a possible next season.

33

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

I really enjoyed it but don't need a season 2.

They finished the story as far as I'm concerned, its over, let it rest.

34

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

Decent ending, I enjoyed it.
Cancelled/Ended now, it makes sense I suppose.

35

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

Yes, it was set to Cancelled/Ended (because of thetvdb.com), but I can't find any news confirming that. Weird.

36 (edited by graybags 2024-07-01 11:24:49)

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

I've read somewhere that they are still thinking about a season 2.  It's only one book but I know they won't that stop them from cashing in, and they clearly left it open for another season.

I'd be fine with it ending how it did though.

2020.  Meh.

37

Re: Dark Matter (2024) (Scifi, Apple TV+)

would love to see another season

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47