Re: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Second ep was much better and more like what I was expecting. Also there's another mid-credits scene after the fancy bit of credits, probably just to annoy @merc.

scorpius074 wrote:
g371 wrote:

That's why I never rate 1 on IMDB, always use 2-5 range smile

That's why I never pay any attention to ratings on IMDb. Always use my 2x2 range; both eyes and ears. tongue

Naah, it's still usable, but just as a variable.

so far a dud show. eps2 boring.

mrverene wrote:

Second ep was much better and more like what I was expecting.

Spoiler

"I'm a completely different person now, literally" lol

Yeah, this is the best episode thus far IMO. It was so good, I kinda wish it was a couple of mins longer. Clocked in at a little under 28 mins, it definitely hits the sweet spot for me. I don't see any point in stretching 28 mins worth of ideas into 42 mins or 42 mins worth of writing into 120+ mins... That's the mistake a lot of showrunners make more often than not these days. I liked the premiere as well, but that had a lot to do with some of the Easter eggs, QR codes, and foreshadowing...

Spoiler

We already know She-Hulk and Hulk have alter egos that are FULL Hulk mode and I wouldn't be surprised if She-Hulk's version is revealed at some point this season. But professor Hulk clearly has 100% of his strength as we've witnessed when he threw the boulder, basically, into outer space. That wasn't always the case in the comics as professor Hulk wasn't quite as strong as savage Hulk. We also saw him start to lose his ability to maintain higher function the angrier he got while sparing with his cousin. His micro-expressions and body language spoke volumes, and he actually lost it for a brief moment.

Clearly, Hulk was holding back while sparring with his cousin but it's also a clear indicator that savage Hulk can break out at any time under the right circumstances. It was never about merging the two; it was always about suppression. Sort of sweet payback for the years Hulk kept Banner under lock and key. At least that's what I got out of it. I know some people didn't like the sparring, but there was definitely more there than just punches and hand claps.

I really hope we get a World War Hulk movie at some point once Marvel gets back the full rights to the Hulk movies because one, I think it would be an excellent back-door way of introducing Wolverine into the MCU, and two, I think it would help win people over who don't like Ruffalo's portrayal of the Hulk. Personally, I think Ruff's done a fine job, and it's Savage Hulk that the fans really want to see anyway, but he also needs a solo project, since it's not like he was there in the beginning lols. Maybe they can even introduce Beta Ray Bill. big_smile

For now, realistically, TV series' notwithstanding, we can only hope to settle for tidbits here and there, and a WWH plot line that stretches across Thunderbolts, A5, and possibly A6.

https://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png
https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9c3d70de238ebfb2f7ddda60d4ab6e5e
https://signavatar.com/40753_v.gif
https://signavatar.com/40753_s.gif

I'm rather annoyed lately with Marvels 5min+ credits in the TV Shows and 20 min credits on their movies.

31 (edited by merc 2022-09-01 19:54:59)

eps 3. SO this is a comedy then? Maybe I am just  not in the mood for this show. but give me Ms Marvel any day!

merc wrote:

esp 3. SO this is a comedy then? Maybe I am just  not in the mood for this show. but give me Ms Marvel any day!

Yes please, take Ms Marvel away forever, you're welcome to her, I don't want to see her ever again.

2020.  Meh.

Easycore wrote:

I'm rather annoyed lately with Marvels 5min+ credits in the TV Shows and 20 min credits on their movies.

agreed

merc wrote:
Easycore wrote:

agreed

People who work on the movies/tv shows deserve recognition of their work. Without people working off screen there's no job for people on screen.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Is there some reason folks can't just fast forward to the mid-credits scene and then just turn it off? It's not like it's you've got to sit through them to start a new game+ or something.

Daemonius wrote:
merc wrote:
Easycore wrote:

agreed

People who work on the movies/tv shows deserve recognition of their work. Without people working off screen there's no job for people on screen.

why? they got paid for a job. They aint movie stars craving attention

merc wrote:
Daemonius wrote:
merc wrote:
Easycore wrote:

agreed

why? they got paid for a job. They aint movie stars craving attention

Ah, merc again, always full of love and compassion for his fellow human beings...

38 (edited by merc 2022-09-02 15:33:51)

mrverene wrote:

Is there some reason folks can't just fast forward to the mid-credits scene and then just turn it off? It's not like it's you've got to sit through them to start a new game+ or something.

thats what people do ?  But zipping forward mostly means  you shoot past the proper start so you have to go back then forward, then... grrrrr. For shows meant for tv with adverts inbetween these are used to pad out the time so you get a 30 minute show that is really just 25 minutes.  This diminuation happend to the first 2 eps of Stargirl where those on DC streaming were longer than on the CW? channel. Ms Marvel was a bad offender - you have to wonder how much money was spent on the opening/closing credits - in Ms Marvels case they aint just streams of names against a black background but some expensive film work, that could could have been spent on the show proper.

merc wrote:
Easycore wrote:

agreed

just finished eps 1 of season 3 of Stargirl. Closing credits just 20 seconds......

40 (edited by merc 2022-09-08 17:33:59)

eps 4. can it get any worse? 5 minute of interest  with 20 minutes of dross. and 5 mins or so closing credits. This eps was not really about She-Hulk at all but Wang: take him away any you have 25 minutes of dross

41 (edited by TheFizza 2022-09-14 04:11:47)

The effects are meeh and it's not as fourth wall breaky as it should be... but I love me some Tatiana Maslany [AKA Sarah Manning, Alison Hendrix, Cosima Niehaus, Helena, Rachel Duncan, etc..] so I'm sticking in there. It's only been a few Eps.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

No mid/post-credits in ep 5. You're welcome @merc big_smile

43 (edited by TheFizza 2022-09-15 23:27:46)

mrverene wrote:

Haha... that was the exact thing I was going to grumble about tongue

Tho I really like the end credits, they all tend to feel like a credits mini-comic... loved seeing the Iron Man sneaks!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

mrverene wrote:

eh? still about 5 minutes of them at end

45 (edited by mrverene 2022-09-16 14:34:54)

but completely skippable apart from the drawing of all the shoes. but the internet paused and over-analyzed that frame so you don't have to.

so this series is the tv series version of a chick-flick? What is enjoyable is how they fit shehulk with the real people.eps 5 was much better.

merc wrote:

so this series is the tv series version of a chick-flick? What is enjoyable is how they fit shehulk with the real people.eps 5 was much better.

I still think the CGI in this is awful.

2020.  Meh.

graybags wrote:
merc wrote:

Seriously can't help but see princess shrek all the time. its awful.

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

nightcrow wrote:
graybags wrote:
merc wrote:

it is certainly not in the class of Hawkeye, Loki or Wandavision. It is just a time filler

merc wrote:
nightcrow wrote:
graybags wrote:
merc wrote:

it is certainly not in the class of Hawkeye, Loki or Wandavision. It is just a time filler

Hawkeye doesn't even belong in the same sentence with the other two! big_smile (The show was a bit disappointing.)

I really can live with the CGI here. Yes, could have been better, but it doesn't distract me from the story.