Topic: Tokyo Vice [Crime, Drama, Thriller]

https://next-episode.net/tokyo-vice

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/tokyo-vice.jpg

Follows Jake Adelstein, an American journalist who embeds himself into the Tokyo Vice police squad to reveal corruption.

Directed by Michael Mann.

Re: Tokyo Vice [Crime, Drama, Thriller]

Watched 1x1. A solid show! Everything Japanese seems to be portrayed correctly. Will continue watching.

Spoiler

A solid show, but not a perfect show - I saw two small errors: the dead guy with the knife in his chest showed a little bit of muscle movement (under his eye; I really wonder why they didn't fix that digitally), and when Jake came home, the window was open (which surprised me)... and he was then shown opening exactly that window a few seconds later. cool

I'm liking it pretty well, it's entertaining. Was annoyed that they had an American lead giving a clinic on why everyone dislikes Americans

Spoiler

e.g. 'did you get that tattoo the old way?'

but then saw in the credits it was based on a book by an American so less annoyed now.

mrverene wrote:

I'm liking it pretty well, it's entertaining. Was annoyed that they had an American lead giving a clinic on why everyone dislikes Americans

Spoiler

e.g. 'did you get that tattoo the old way?'

but then saw in the credits it was based on a book by an American so less annoyed now.

Why didn't you like him asking that in 1x1?

Spoiler

For me it felt natural, just a reference to the old Japanese way: https://www.tattoodo.com/articles/the-a … -way-13410

It felt natural for an annoying American to ask, yes. And the reaction was appropriate as well.

I liked this.\Would even recommend it...

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton

mrverene wrote:

It felt natural for an annoying American to ask, yes. And the reaction was appropriate as well.

big_smile I don't mind when foreigners (or even tourists from a different part of the country) ask me weird or silly questions, and I'm sure I've asked questions that were perceived similarly in other countries! lol

It's not that I thought it was silly, just condescending.

mrverene wrote:

It's not that I thought it was silly, just condescending.

Interesting, I didn't get a condescending vibe.

Not sure about this one e1 I felt was a bit convoluted and contrived and was the typical stereotype of a white person interacting with Japanese culture. I will give e2 a try but may well drop it.

colinsp wrote:

Not sure about this one e1 I felt was a bit convoluted and contrived and was the typical stereotype of a white person interacting with Japanese culture. I will give e2 a try but may well drop it.

Everything I saw was correct (based on everything I know about the country, which is a lot but not everything wink ).

1x7

Again a good episode, but with only the season finale left, this show REALLY needs at least one more season! smile

13 (edited by paisley1 2022-04-24 03:02:09)

Really good.  Saito's great.  In 107 I figured it was a...

Spoiler

...mole hunt. 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a2/87/22/a287226f4ba6a50dfd9cb5ae6c13b15b.jpg

...is exactly what I was saying when our idiot cop Jin Miyamoto picked that lock and went in. lolz.

big_smile

Yeah, I was pretty sure something like that was about to happen, and it was satisfying to see that it did. smile

Season 1 finale: many things happened, but not enough to not renew the show for season 2! I hope it'll happen.