Topic: Ghostbusters Afterlife

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4513678

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmZiMjdlN2UtYzdiZS00YjgxLTgyZGMtYzE4ZGU5NTlkNjhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1012_.jpg

When a single mum and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

I have just finished watching this and it's one of the best films I have seen for a good couple of years.  A very worthy sequel to the first two.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Ghostbusters Afterlife

Wizard wrote:

I have just finished watching this and it's one of the best films I have seen for a good couple of years.  A very worthy sequel to the first two.

I watched it earlier this week and feel the same way.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

agreed. +

Really enjoyed it. It was very well done

"city morgue, you kill em, we chill em"

It was pretty good, I liked their hints/ nods to the original movies, I liked the funny moments, but there were too many moments were they lost me for a moment or two (while I was shaking my head).

So, "one of the best films I have seen for a good couple of years"? HELL NO! big_smile

And what was Sigourney Weaver doing in the end credits?

just watching this. I dont see many films these days and this is a fun one. thanks for bringing to our attention

6 (edited by merc 2022-01-11 12:56:16)

lighton wrote:

It was pretty good, I liked their hints/ nods to the original movies, I liked the funny moments, but there were too many moments were they lost me for a moment or two (while I was shaking my head).

So, "one of the best films I have seen for a good couple of years"? HELL NO! big_smile

I suppose she did not want to be left out or maybe a contractual matter. She certainly did not add anything with her electrocution game.

It was good to see the gozo she-bitch again

merc wrote:
lighton wrote:

I suppose she did not want to be left out or maybe a contractual matter. She certainly did not add anything with her electrocution game.

To me it felt like it had something to do with the original movies...

lighton wrote:

Ever heard about cameo roles?
Sigourney Weaver was the Gatekeeper in the original Ghostbusters (1984)
I think it was nice gesture to bring her back.

The movie was good, not great. But I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

It was nice to see the gang back together after all these years.

Haven't seen the WOKE-edition of the Ghostbusters and I don't intend to do so

9 (edited by TheFizza 2022-01-14 08:20:28)

I just saw this and it was awful... I wish I had just skipped it like I did Independence Day II

The only good thing was the little girl... the story was just a remake of the original... Did JJ Abrams ghost write this, it's his style to take the original movie and just re-write it... Also somehow his movie made me hate Carrie & Paul (who are both normally wonderful). Really just about all the adults were terrible people and Finn seemed to be in a different movie all together... maybe American Graffiti III?!

Oi, and don't get me started on the blatant ripoff of Army of Darkness too neutral

BIG ZERO... Try again!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec