Topic: The New TVTome

Like many folks that used to visit TVTome regularly, I have been prett disappointed with the over-flashed, over-done site tv.com. I have tried http://tviv.info, but am disappointed so far.

However, I really like what you have going here so far. I would love to see this site become a replacement for tvtome.com.

One step along that line would be to get more community involvement in the entry of data concerning shows, etc. I know you are pulling some data from tv.com. However, I know that doesn't always work (i.e. Stargate Atlantis) and has other limitations.

Anyhow, just something to consider.

Paul Thompson

Re: The New TVTome

captbunzo wrote:

One step along that line would be to get more community involvement in the entry of data concerning shows

Isn't that how TVIV works?

Yes, it is. However, the site is having some problems... Sluggishness, low community involvement, awkward interface. I am just not sure that the wiki interface is really going to work for them...

captbunzo wrote:

low community involvement, awkward interface

What will make this site any better? Well there is over twice as many registered users than at TVIV, but would they contribute? No way to tell. What should the interface be like here then?

Thanks for the ideas. There are couple of things limiting me from improving the site. Time, and money. Time - because I have a full day job (as web developer) and I'm running this site alone .... Money - because this is not very profitable smile (the revenue from adsense barely covers the hosting fees) so it's more like a hobby for me, than a serious site ... If there are people willing to contribute somehow, I'll be more than glad to hear the ideas smile Thanks for the feedback guys ... smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

I definately understand where you are coming from there. I see great potential in what you have started here. One element of that is, of course, getting others involved in building, running, and contributing to the site. That also, of course, means finding a way to support the site financially. smile