26 (edited by paisley1 2021-12-28 20:25:02)

Re: The Matrix Resurrections

ColdSpirit wrote:
paisley1 wrote:

(First I'm misquoted by ColdSpirit and I corrected them,

I understand now your comment towards the trailer, although I was mentioning the movie itself. I found it terrible.
Was watchable?! Yes.
Was that Matrix (in the send it felt like the original movie and maybe the second one)? No, it was something useless and excused.

So, just an excuse to make a movie and cash in?  I dunno, it cost the studio $190 million to make this movie and it's only made $66.7 million in the box office, and who knows how long it'll remain in theaters given the reviews or how much it'll make on the back end through streaming services, but it's not a cash cow like say, The Pirates of The Caribbean 5, by any stretch, especially during Omicron.  We can surmise it's been made at a loss, which is what I would've told the studio at the start.  My point is that, I think they thought this was good.

@Easycore  This movie is full of old Matrix movie clips and is asking the audience to compare it throughout, so it's almost impossible not to watch this without comparison.  The expectation isn't a carbon copy of the original Matrix, but a film that advances the plot instead of rehashing it.  What new information do we really learn?  If this movie focused more on Bugs uncovering new intel on the machine world, it would've been a far more interesting story.

10 ZPM's from Stargate Atlantis and there's no need for human batteries. lolz.  Hint hint, wink wink, the pursuit of an alternative power source should've been the focus of the story to dismantle the Matrix itself, and transition to a peaceful co-existence between humans and machines, which is what I'd expect after Revolutions, but instead we got...

....The Power of Love!!!! lol

Watched it, mostly liked it. Some of the original Matrix (1) wow factor did shine through, I had expected more though.

28 (edited by merc 2022-01-02 19:34:58)

paisley1 wrote:
ColdSpirit wrote:
paisley1 wrote:

(First I'm misquoted by ColdSpirit and I corrected them,

I understand now your comment towards the trailer, although I was mentioning the movie itself. I found it terrible.
Was watchable?! Yes.
Was that Matrix (in the send it felt like the original movie and maybe the second one)? No, it was something useless and excused.

......10 ZPM's from Stargate Atlantis and there's no need for human batteries. lolz.  Hint hint, wink wink, the pursuit of an alternative power source should've been the focus of the story to dismantle the Matrix itself, and transition to a peaceful co-existence between humans and machines, which is what I'd expect after Revolutions, but instead we got...

....The Power of Love!!!! lol

I think we need some cross over films/shows?
Doctor Who v the Klingons?