1 (edited by LuC 2021-08-05 09:44:04)

Topic: El Cid

A.K.A. 'The Legend of El Cid'

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/el-cid.jpg

El Cid retells from a contemporary perspective the story of the most famous Spaniard in history,  Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (a.k.a. El Cid), who overcomes a family vendetta and court intrigue to defend Christian Spain against the Moors, a man trapped between two worlds and two cultures. A Castilian nobleman, a hero, a mercenary, a vassal, but also a man who could have been king. El Cid was centuries ahead of his time and became transcended by his own legend.

https://next-episode.net/el-cid

So, I came upon this program browsing Amazon Prime and I am loving it.  I came here to add it to my watchlist.  At Amazon the title is The Legend of El Cid so when I put it into search here I was unable to find it (possibly I also misspelled Cid as Sid).  sometime after finding it at TVDB (part of the process of getting a program added here) I got a pop-up notification that we already have the show listed here, "El Cid".

Meantime, when I was prepping to add what I thought we didn't have here I wasn't satisfied with any of the summaries I'd seen and so I extracted from 4 summaries, altered just enough so they blended and was going to use it as the program summary here which didn't happen. I have placed it in my op so my efforts don't go to waste.  We like a bigger picture.

There are only 5 episodes per season but they are long episodes, 72 minutes.

Anyway, I am really digging this show it has what I really like and enjoy. I binged the 1st season and will probably binge season 2 tonight.

Edit - I should add that if you want the summaries to season 2 episodes you can find them here.

Edit #2 - The trailer is not like the program.  They do not speak Spanish in the program airing on Amazon but nicely accented English.  I turned on subtitles but it was so I could understand the Arabic when spoken by Arabs.  I suppose I could be listening to dubbing but if I am it's extremely well done, great everything, not noticeable.

Edit #3 - Have now finished both seasons and am experiencing some withdrawal symptoms but it'll pass.

Re: El Cid

You are listening to dubbing. I watched it in Spanish with subs since I watch subs on everything anyway to facilitate speed watching. I enjoyed it as well, took me about half an episode of s2 to remember who everyone was from 1 big_smile It's quite well done.

Re: El Cid

Am I the only one who can't help pronouncing this like Sid the Sloth did?