Topic: Season 3 Finale

WTF is all I can say about the finale. I don't know if it left enough qestions open or answered too much. And why the hell had Charlie to die?

But lets start with The Looking Glass. Does it even make sense to have a jamming station under water with just a small connection cable to the island? I guess not and having the Gilmore Girls down there running it is also strange. But Charlie and Desmond did a nice job down there. It all made sense up to the scene where Mikhail got shot by Desmond straight to the chest where everyone was sure about that he hit the heart. After a few minutes he jumped into the water dove a big distance just to grin at Charlie through the window while armig a hand granate - cmon. And when the windows bursts Charlie could easily go out of the room and close the door behind, but he stayes inside and lockes hinself in to drown - strange - and the nice Charlie Claire family is over.

The other strange thing stays the person Naomi. So we learned that she had the picture of Desmond and Penny with her but her ship was not sent by Penny. Maybe this time Ben was right and there is a bigger plan behind the island - but who didn't noticed that by now?
So after making the call to that ship the series could easily be over because now they get rescued. No further mystery occured - also strange.

But the biggest question mark stayes with the final flash back story with Jack. Up to the end you thought what strange flash back this is when you finally realize that it is more a flash forward. So we learn that they all get rescued and come finally off the island and get a crappy real life. What kind of motivation is this to wait for seasons 4 to 6? Do we have to wait 48 episodes to see a devasted Jack trying to kill himself while 'his' Kate is probably married to Sawyer? OK it could be someone else but Sawyer but it's definitely not Jack.

So WTF? yikes

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 3 Finale

For this and more check out http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Through_the_Looking_Glass.

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

Re: Season 3 Finale

BlackBox wrote:

And when the windows bursts Charlie could easily go out of the room and close the door behind, but he stayes inside and lockes hinself in to drown - strange

Not to defend Lost or anything (I think Lost is getting lamer by the episode as much as the next guy) - but at least the above quote has a perfectly good explanation.

Charlie wanted to die, so that whatever Desmond saw - would happen. Charlie knew that if he didn't die - Desmond's prediction will change - so Claire won't probably be saved by the rescue chopper etc.

Thats the reason he went in the water instead of Desmond in the first place...

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Season 3 Finale

BlackBox wrote:

Kate is probably married to Sawyer? OK it could be someone else but Sawyer but it's definitely not Jack.

I think Sawyer could be the guy in the coffin (who we never discover the identity of). As he asks Kate, something "did you go". I can't think of anyone else Jack/Kate would be like this about.


BlackBox wrote:

Mikhail got shot by Desmond straight to the chest where everyone was sure about that he hit the heart. After a few minutes he jumped into the water dove a big distance just to grin at Charlie through the window while armig a hand granate - cmon.

Oh and when Mikel gets shot, he could have the healing powers (like Locke has), as once before we're supposed to think he died with the supersonic force field?


BlackBox wrote:

Up to the end you thought what strange flash back this is when you finally realize that it is more a flash forward. So we learn that they all get rescued and come finally off the island and get a crappy real life.

This could be another one of Desmond's premonitions... Though I don't think that is likely, but it could maybe explain it a bit....


Just a few of ideas...

yikes
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=CurrentWatchlist&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1dhttp://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.pnghttp://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=c7a3e8c361aa2596859d8df3f4f10c1d
big_smile

Re: Season 3 Finale

santah wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

And when the windows bursts Charlie could easily go out of the room and close the door behind, but he stayes inside and lockes hinself in to drown - strange

Not to defend Lost or anything (I think Lost is getting lamer by the episode as much as the next guy) - but at least the above quote has a perfectly good explanation.

Charlie wanted to die, so that whatever Desmond saw - would happen. Charlie knew that if he didn't die - Desmond's prediction will change - so Claire won't probably be saved by the rescue chopper etc.

Thats the reason he went in the water instead of Desmond in the first place...

Hmm - makes sense in a strange way, but Charlie did his job when entering the code and the flashing light / jamming ended. So his death wouldn't make any difference. And for this matter you could argue, that his fate had to be to save Claire while she was drowning in the water when Des saved her to save him. So no need to die alone, live together could have been nicer with the same outcome.

Halo2 wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Kate is probably married to Sawyer? OK it could be someone else but Sawyer but it's definitely not Jack.

I think Sawyer could be the guy in the coffin (who we never discover the identity of). As he asks Kate, something "did you go". I can't think of anyone else Jack/Kate would be like this about.

That makes perfect sense! But who do you think is Kate living with?

Halo2 wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Mikhail got shot by Desmond straight to the chest where everyone was sure about that he hit the heart. After a few minutes he jumped into the water dove a big distance just to grin at Charlie through the window while armig a hand granate - cmon.

Oh and when Mikel gets shot, he could have the healing powers (like Locke has), as once before we're supposed to think he died with the supersonic force field?

That makes sense too, but it is a little quick. Locke was there lying days (or at least several hours befor making his way to the tower). Same for Mikhail, when he was lying on the meadow with blood coming from his ears he stayed there.
But OK - the island is strange and some people seem to live through everything. So this could have not been the last time we saw Mikhail. And maybe even Charlie survives it wink

Halo2 wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Up to the end you thought what strange flash back this is when you finally realize that it is more a flash forward. So we learn that they all get rescued and come finally off the island and get a crappy real life.

This could be another one of Desmond's premonitions... Though I don't think that is likely, but it could maybe explain it a bit....

No - I definitely disagree. The whole thing was filmed like a flash back (except for the introducing sound effect) and not the strange vision thing like used when we have a spot on Desmond

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 3 Finale

Halo2 wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

Kate is probably married to Sawyer? OK it could be someone else but Sawyer but it's definitely not Jack.

I think Sawyer could be the guy in the coffin (who we never discover the identity of). As he asks Kate, something "did you go". I can't think of anyone else Jack/Kate would be like this about.

im pretty sure its john's funeral. theres a picture of the newspaper that jack reads that been enhanced floating around the internet that shows the letter "Jo..."., thats all that can be seen.

and when he goes to the funeral he's asked "friend or family" and jack says "neither". john certainly fits.

7 (edited by theConundrumm 2007-05-29 11:48:31)

Re: Season 3 Finale

there is a transcript of the newspaper on the fuselage, and it reads as such...

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue. Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft. Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room. According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son. Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

link to newspaper clipping

i'm plenty confused... personally I think Kate is with Sawyer and Locke or Ben is in the coffin...

i'm going to eat your brains and gain your memories...

Re: Season 3 Finale

I thought it was Ben, but who knows.  Lost keeps changing things so often that almost anything is possible.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5149cf67031b7d86de2645fec02721b4

Re: Season 3 Finale

I aggree with santah, that Charlie "had" to die. He just thought, that it would change everything, if he don't. And come on... someone finally HAS to die on lost.  It would be just too boring, if they work on it and in the end nobody dies.

I believe Ben is in the coffin. He's rescued with them and there's nobody, who would go to his funeral (except perhaps some people on the island). And it explains friend or family pretty perfectly.


I really loved the season finale. It had some really nice twists and the flash-forward was great! I really hope, that Lost will stay on this course... It was exactly what the show needed in order to not get any more boring.

Re: Season 3 Finale

odd... and you guys complained about Dinohunter? lol wink

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

Re: Season 3 Finale

Cmon NC let the new guys post wink

Welcome to the forums sumita! There are plenty of topics waiting for you smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 3 Finale

ok ok ok, ill try to be nice wink

Welcome Sum Ita wink

Brothers! What we do in life...Echoes in Eternity!


http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=9a35ebe93d371275706bdebcafefaa47

Re: Season 3 Finale

That sumita guy was a spammer. Removed all his posts and banned him from the forum.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Season 3 Finale

santah wrote:

That sumita guy was a spammer. Removed all his posts and banned him from the forum.

Whohoo!
Now i'm again the guy with worst spelling big_smile

Re: Season 3 Finale

Hm - he was a little silly - but spammer yikes
IIRC it is the first time all posts of a member were deleted and the user banned hmm

Maybe this kind of thing happens when there are more than 3000 registred users - yay big_smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Season 3 Finale

I just got pissed, cause I didn't pay attention and caught him late. It was the most annoying type of spammer - kinda relevant but still making no sense and full of grammatical and spelling mistakes smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Season 3 Finale

OK - agreed - let the topics rest in peace smile

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001