Topic: Condor [Action, Drama, Thriller]

https://next-episode.net/condor
Watchlists: 4279

https://static.next-episode.net/tv-shows-images/huge/condor.jpg

Inspired by Three Days of the Condor, Sydney Pollack's 1975 political thriller, Condor follows young CIA analyst Joe Turner, whose idealism is tested when he stumbles onto a terrible but brilliant plan that threatens the lives of millions.

Currently in its second season.

Re: Condor [Action, Drama, Thriller]

I wasn't fully convinced after the first episode, but 70% through the first season I'm now hooked! cool If the spy/thriller genre is for you then I highly recommend checking this out.

And one thing is certain, they are not afraid to kill off cast members! big_smile

season 2 has been a snooze fest so far

imadsani wrote:

season 2 has been a snooze fest so far

The IMDb ratings for season 2 are almost as good as for season 1 so I'll watch it some day. smile

I thought Season 2 was OK, but the lack of subs in the Russian language scenes was frustrating. I can read Russian but translating live dialog is more difficult.

Spoiler

What's disappointing is that they've drawn back the scale of the overall plot. I understand they had to something different for this season, but after taking a years break I expected a lot more.

imadsani wrote:
Spoiler

What's disappointing is that they've drawn back the scale of the overall plot. I understand they had to something different for this season, but after taking a years break I expected a lot more.

I've watched 2x1 + 2x2 since my last post here, and I still enjoy the show, but maybe a little bit less than season 1. You're right, the show feels a bit smaller so far. Still, I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. smile

Just finished the 2nd Season and really enjoyed it. Was able to get some decent Russian speaking subs for all episodes from user SUB-ENTITLED on Subscene (https://subscene.com/u/1317754). Agree that it was certainly not the action-packed show that S1 was, but I thought S2 seemed much more realistic in terms of showing the spygame at work. I hope there is a S3 planned, although it's looking shaky since it switched from Audience to HBO.

Spoiler

I was pretty sure Deputy Director Reuel Abbott slipped Joe a usb with his confession at Gordo's funeral when he hugged him, maybe that will be a S3 plotl arc? Nice to see killer for hire Gabrielle turn up at the end.

Yeah, they take the spy game seriously, and I love that they integrated fun stuff like this (and not too much of it):

https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/96/59/zasn3l53_t.jpg

big_smile

10 (edited by g371 2020-08-13 15:17:25)

caruthers wrote:

Just finished the 2nd Season and really enjoyed it. Was able to get some decent Russian speaking subs for all episodes from user SUB-ENTITLED on Subscene (https://subscene.com/u/1317754). Agree that it was certainly not the action-packed show that S1 was, but I thought S2 seemed much more realistic in terms of showing the spygame at work. I hope there is a S3 planned, although it's looking shaky since it switched from Audience to HBO.

Spoiler

I was pretty sure Deputy Director Reuel Abbott slipped Joe a usb with his confession at Gordo's funeral when he hugged him, maybe that will be a S3 plotl arc? Nice to see killer for hire Gabrielle turn up at the end.

Ha, I was watching and thinking what others do in these bits, anyway, you are lucky that you don't understand original cringe texts in Russian, that was the only thing I did not enjoy, somebody needs to tell Americans to stop butchering Russian language big_smile

Aah, another cringe was that 1955 artwork on KGB HQ walls big_smile

I thought Season1 up to episode 5 was absolutely brilliant. After that, it went rapidly downhill, with ridiculous plot-line after ridiculous plot-line.

I managed to suspend utter disbelief until i'd finished the last episode of season1, but i won't be watching season 2.

Such a waste.

g371 wrote:

Ha, I was watching and thinking what others do in these bits, anyway, you are lucky that you don't understand original cringe texts in Russian, that was the only thing I did not enjoy, somebody needs to tell Americans to stop butchering Russian language big_smile

What do you mean? Did they not speak real Russian? Sounds real to me. cool

KGB HQ? I only saw the KGB outpost (in the US) so far (2x6). I've enjoyed the artwork there (and general feel of that place). I don't know if it's authentic, but it looked plausible (if maybe a little bit too expensive) enough to me. smile

13 (edited by g371 2020-08-15 20:18:36)

lighton wrote:
g371 wrote:

What do you mean? Did they not speak real Russian? Sounds real to me. cool

KGB HQ? I only saw the KGB outpost (in the US) so far (2x6). I've enjoyed the artwork there (and general feel of that place). I don't know if it's authentic, but it looked plausible (if maybe a little bit too expensive) enough to me. smile

I mean that outpost. Plausible? Maybe if Stalin is still alive big_smile It's like if CIA office would have an artwork how Trump is riding a bald eagle while shooting a machine gun big_smile

One of them was a Russian actor I think, at least there was no awful accent, but texts retarded as always, nobody speaks like that, stiff, weird phrasing, Google Translatish feel to it :-D And in this case a lot of them.

g371 wrote:

I mean that outpost. Plausible? Maybe if Stalin is still alive big_smile It's like if CIA office would have an artwork how Trump is riding a bald eagle while shooting a machine gun big_smile

Sounds great! wink

g371 wrote:

One of them was a Russian actor I think, at least there was no awful accent, but texts retarded as always, nobody speaks like that, stiff, weird phrasing, Google Translatish feel to it :-D And in this case a lot of them.

Oh, that surprises me. But since I don't understand Russian it also doesn't bother me. smile

I've now finished season 2. Great show! I really hope it'll be renewed.

Spoiler

The way Joe ended things with his (mole) friend... damn! Didn't see that coming. big_smile