Re: Raised by Wolves [Drama, Sci-Fi] (Ridley Scott)

lighton wrote:

If you watch it, make sure to watch at least till 2:10 big_smile

Oh yes. big_smile

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

What good fun indeed, I'm looking forward to it

If you want play games or quizzes click below
https://www.quizland.co.uk/images/logo20.png

lighton wrote:

Raised By Wolves Season 2 | Official Trailer | HBO Max
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kqm0qJ9Uc

Looks interesting

lighton wrote:

If you watch it, make sure to watch at least till 2:10 big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HKhKpWx1Uc

29 (edited by dominar 2022-02-04 18:18:23)

Well, it does not disappoint.
The dynamic of the necromancer makes me think about dolores in westworld. tongue
Kind of sad that the atheists revert to primitive tactics when faced with the serpent. hmm

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton

Its creepy

Watched 2x1. Good start!

I like that we get to see a bit more future tech. Unlike in season one, where ...

Spoiler

... we got to see that huge spaceship and then BOOM! it's (almost) gone. cool

32 (edited by BigZ 2022-02-08 18:13:57)

I don't like it. Story ain't good, no likeable characters, props are horrible and it's just annoying all around...Praise Sol my a...
This is IMO of course... taste is like the butt, divided.. (an old Norwegian saying, freely translated smile )

It's also not my number 1 show, there is something annoying about the combo of that actress + character + that haircut big_smile

https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/raised-by-wolves-season-2.jpg

But since it's sci-fi, I will watch it unless it becomes completely unbearable

Thats annoying? Dont forget the babies, how and really....?!

"Au naturel maybe, thats the way i like it. Swing low, sweet chariots." Creed Bratton

dominar wrote:

As the wise Norwegian said, butt is divided big_smile

36 (edited by BigZ 2022-02-08 18:13:32)

g371 wrote:
dominar wrote:

As the wise Norwegian said, butt is divided big_smile

big_smile LOL

g371 wrote:

It's also not my number 1 show, there is something annoying about the combo of that actress + character + that haircut big_smile

She's not presented that way to make her the most attractive...

After having just watched 2x2, I totally appreciate the acting skills!

38 (edited by g371 2022-02-11 13:37:47)

I know, she is a mass produced robot smile Anyway, this show has a high cringe levels, also remembered the little brats, that Paul has Carl genes for sure. Basically for me the only value here is that I like to see what sci-fi/fantasy tech concepts they will explore, for example what

Spoiler

will come out of the Father's hobby project in the shed

Also one more interesting topic is

Spoiler

the glitching of AI, that I always have imagined that it would be a problem if we will actually manage to produce a real AI - people can go crazy, nothing stops happening the same with AI, which basically is a replicated human brain

The concept of

Spoiler

religious people going against "the supercomputer" also is interesting - if we today have a huge issue with science regarding viruses, I imagine the circus would start if some gov would start to rely on AI decisions big_smile Just yesterday saw one guy quoting The Great Reset religiously big_smile

btw

Spoiler

from what supermetal are these "artifact" plates they found, if every other material disintegrates in that acid sea big_smile

40 (edited by dominar 2022-02-11 18:36:54)

Automatization cant be stopped imo, i would welcome a voter-based democracy with an AI-agenda tongue
The way it's depicted though is a bit sad but i get the sentiment.

Spoiler

the glitching of AI, that I always have imagined that it would be a problem if we will actually manage to produce a real AI - people can go crazy, nothing stops happening the same with AI, which basically is a replicated human brain

Also AI possibility to go crazy, sure if you add emotions to the mix. And if you dont you could argue it's already crazy. tongue If i think AI, it should be fluid. I dont think it can ever transcend it's mind, with the concept that i have i could see a perfect storm where it all gets hyper-informed or scrambled which would bring with it a shutdown.
As we approach this, i do think you'd have to acknowledge safety features. And some things you can just forever build it in.

41 (edited by g371 2022-02-12 16:15:44)

Imo real AI will come very fast to conclusion that the best price/performance is to kill off humans. Even faster if it will have no emotions. Also see 100 ways how it can go "crazy", meaning have same special effect as humans have with schizophrenia. Also you cannot really add any safeguards. No human would ever be able to actually verify what it thinks. Sure, at first we could limit access to information or implement some "pull the plug" solutions. But, let's imagine it's a true AI, which can learn anything - including all scamming techniques how to manipulate flawed human brain smile Checkmate. Sooner or later that AI will convince that pull the plug solution is violating AI-rights and blue haired mostly peaceful protesters will fight for it big_smile

But democracy imo can be fixed very easy, the main issue is that everybody has equal votes. Just introduce coefficient and problem solved. For example, in IT my vote should have weight 50, but in art history not more than 0.1 smile

42 (edited by g371 2022-02-12 16:47:56)

Even in this show

Spoiler

the scariest moment is not a war robot, but war robot which glitches out of it's programming. We can predict what war AI will do, but we cannot predict what an unpredictable AI will do smile

Here one example of a deep bug, 99.99% of population is not aware how fragile everything actually is: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2022/02/retro … ox-outage/ smile

This one even better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter - a trivial mistake of using the retarded units smile

And if something like that is buried in AI "brain", which basically would be a db of terabytes of data, it's worse than a needle in a haystack and also a statistical impossibility that it will not happen. It will. It always does smile How I know, I work daily with such size db's big_smile

43 (edited by dominar 2022-02-14 17:20:16)

Can't you always be ahead on Ai its behaviour? Not only thoughts and processing should mean a probable check...
As i see it, AI will never be able to hide something from its creators, with connectivity and all that, i just dont see it happening. Maybe when its all outdated and doesnt respond to anything except when willing. it's always dependent cause it's artificial.
AI should always have its function if not, nothing else.

44 (edited by g371 2022-02-14 20:07:34)

dominar wrote:

Can't you always be ahead on Ai its behaviour? Not only thoughts and processing should mean a probable check...
As i see it, AI will never be able to hide something from its creators, with connectivity and all that, i just dont see it happening. Maybe when its all outdated and doesnt respond to anything except when willing. it's always dependent cause it's artificial.
AI should always have its function if not, nothing else.

What you are describing is not really AI. A real AI still never has been made, it should be able to learn and understand stuff on it's own. What we have now are just software that more or less follows patterns or learns using brute force (you can compare it as hitting your head on every wall to learn that there is a wall). And once there is such AI, we would have a very hard time following what it has learned, what it understands, how it understands or interprets something. We max could develop tests for it, to check something - but what if it learns to lie and understands that this is a test and you just need to give answers what people expect to see? smile For example in Tesla what they call AI is nothing more than some software which knows how to recognize patterns, a bit adopt to them, but that "AI" cannot for example see some person with a suspicious behavior and connect the dots that because it has this or that body language or facial expression, it could be suicidal and jump in from of a car etc. But if it would be a real AI and could do that, then there is a question what it would decide, to break or to speed up? If it also can change it's some base things, like in this show AI is glitching out of their programmed boundaries. That's what imo makes such AI dangerous, it has no emotions, no social norms etc. Especially in the case it has a freedom to learn whatever. Humans have a concepts of good and bad. But that's a result of our evolution and society. Imagine the same human brain, but with no restrictions and you have a psycho, just smarter than you, because human brain has many limitations, sucks at multitasking, memory is faulty etc.

In short, imo all these Skynet jokes are not so far fetched smile

45 (edited by g371 2022-02-14 20:18:27)

Also imagine if it is absolutely objective - what would definitely be a design intention, since we would want it to help us determine something is true or false. And let's assume we teach good and bad. But not all objective answers humans like big_smile For example, what is the worst factor for environment? For other species? Yep, that apex predator human smile Add to that routine eliminate the threat and we have a Skynet big_smile

46 (edited by sasilik 2022-03-05 18:04:41)

I don't understand that sea of acid there. As I understand it the so called water should be very acidic but somehow all  that wet stuff on the shore is not acidic at all. People walk around on wet ground and picking wet stones up and nothing happens. Also, shouldn't all that mist also be acidic then but people again walk around in it and inhale it and again nothing happens, Weird. At least for me.

sasilik wrote:

I don't understand that sea of acid there. As I understand it the so called water should be very acidic but somehow all  that wet stuff on the shore is not acidic at all. People walk around on wet ground and picking wet stones up and nothing happens. Also, shouldn't all that mist also be acidic then but people again walk around in it and inhale it and again nothing happens, Weird. At least for me.

I haven't yet watched the latest episode, but yeah, I've also wondered about that topic. I guess it's a small logical error that the producers decided to live with.

If it was me in that situation, after seeing what the acid can do, I would stay as far away as possible! cool

Having now seen 2x06, I'm sure that the boy picked up the stone next to a lake, not at the sea.

Spoiler

But giving birth close to a sea of acid - with plenty of waves - is of course not the smartest decision. wink

lighton wrote:

Having now seen 2x06, I'm sure that the boy picked up the stone next to a lake, not at the sea.

And seeing the mist which rose after the stone hit the water I would be quite certain that it was also acidic.

50 (edited by Duplicat 2022-03-15 06:44:40)

Good lord (or Sal) , S2x07 certainly has gotten more disturbingly convoluted. The grand scheme of things certainly isn't just going to taper off for the end of the season for these campers. wink

Spoiler

-Susan's character really grows this episode ,, lol
-All the kids experiment with the new sweet fruit to hit the street.
-The family pet gets lose and has to sample some of that sweet nectar for himself.  Why bother being a flying Leech when you can become a Dragon.
-Mother not only gets bested by the family pet,, but also has to go groveling to GrandMother for loan to upgrade her nurturing program.
-And so much more.

Yeah, I'm excited to see how all this is gonna play to a conclusion,,, or cliff hanger.