Re: Motherland: Fort Salem [Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi]

merc_1 wrote:

well eps 8 is better ( took a long time to get there)  but I think the series should have been  sold under the DC/Marvel Amazon (women) metahumans/inhumans  banner rather than witches, which is  silly and has no real mileage there is very little witch like about their abilities

You know, this is one of the days I think about the 3 big mysteries of the universe:
- what exactly happens in supermassive black holes with billions of times the mass of our sun?
- how does quantum entanglement work in detail and what does it mean for our future?
- what goes on in merc_1's brain?

cool

The show has a 7.1 IMDb rating, so the witches theme seems to work well for most people.

merc_1 wrote:

well eps 8 is better ( took a long time to get there)  but I think the series should have been  sold under the DC/Marvel Amazon (women) metahumans/inhumans  banner rather than witches, which is  silly and has no real mileage there is very little witch like about their abilities

The witch thing refers back to the times when women were overtly persecuted for doing their own thing and not being good little obedient wives. There is a theme here. It's just something that requires a little thought. As in, not on the surface and all obvious and finger pointy, like it was back in the day...

https://i.postimg.cc/FzfWmwnQ/sigTV.png

Lollie wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

The witch thing refers back to the times when women were overtly persecuted for doing their own thing and not being good little obedient wives. There is a theme here. It's just something that requires a little thought. As in, not on the surface and all obvious and finger pointy, like it was back in the day...

but thats a rather poor backstory for a show.

merc_1 wrote:

Did you consider that it's a perfect backstory and that the show just isn't for you? smile

lighton wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

Did you consider that it's a perfect backstory and that the show just isn't for you? smile

Exactly. The backstory is a spotlight on like everything women went through.

lighton wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

take away the silly backstory and you get a decent show

merc_1 wrote:
lighton wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

Yes. Silly women and their silly history!

roll

Lollie wrote:
merc_1 wrote:
lighton wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

roll

really very little to do with women just a  sub species of them and there are also the virile men versions which gave us a sex episode lol. So I dont think your argument holds water

merc_1 wrote:
Lollie wrote:
merc_1 wrote:
lighton wrote:

roll

really very little to do with women just a  sub species of them and there are also the virile men versions which gave us a sex episode lol. So I dont think your argument holds water

It's not an argument, it's history. But you might notice (or you might not notice) what they did with it to make the show's story work.

You try figure it out.

35 (edited by merc_1 2020-08-10 10:48:25)

I have  figured it out. I can enjoy the show as long as I think they are metahumans. If I want witches I'll watch Charmed