1 (edited by lighton 2020-05-06 10:16:40)

Topic: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

ADMIN COMMENT:
TV show discussions that span multiple shows can happen in this thread.


TheFizza wrote:
nightcrow wrote:

Either way, regardless of the fact that the acting is poor and I feel like they are somewhat ruining the story, I wont drop it and its still nice to see it in (almost) live action. I just wonder how much they'll have left for season 2, if it ever gets made.

Have you also noticed how they have even significantly changed the story at some points?

+ show spoiler

like with Coulter asking the alethiometer a question

On a good note though, I love how they have done the deamons!

I agree... though my brain says, 'if we all demand more from our entertainment we'll get series that are more Manimal and less Watchman.' But did I mention I love the BOOKS?!

Soooo, yeah... I'll keep watching too. Even with the changes and the lazy foreshadowing (telegraphing is more like it).

I just hope it won't get actually bad (like Runaways... there was a dog of a show, better now for all that it's gone and soon to be forgotten).

Ah Runaways not that bad. Now the Marvels Inhumans, thats a  real bad show, only got one season and that was too much

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

Ah Runaways not that bad. Now the Marvels Inhumans, thats a  real bad show, only got one season and that was too much

I'll take your word on that, Inhumans was one rabbit hole I didn't descend (Thank Gawds)!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

its strange that DC Comics can make tolerably decent shows but  poor films, whereas Marvel makes good films but apart from Agents of Shield poor tv series?

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Yeah, Inhumans was a waste of money (and Anson Mount talent).

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

The new  season of Lost in Space starts in a few days. The first season ended with the ship being dumped some where bad presumably the  robots  home planet. I hope the 2nd season better than the  first which was space family 100

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

The new  season of Lost in Space starts in a few days. The first season ended with the ship being dumped some where bad presumably the  robots  home planet. I hope the 2nd season better than the  first which was space family 100

They wanted to produce a sci-fi family adventure, and did just that. smile Do I wish the show had less kid content? Yes. Was it still a good show? Yes!

If you haven't already, check out https://next-episode.net/dark-matter and https://next-episode.net/killjoys . And check your PMs (see "PM", top right of this page).

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

The new  season of Lost in Space starts in a few days. The first season ended with the ship being dumped some where bad presumably the  robots  home planet. I hope the 2nd season better than the  first which was space family 100

Uhm yeah Lost in Space is space family 101, haven't you seen the movie from 1998?
So no i doubt that season 2 will be any different and if you dont like that it is probably not your show to begin with.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=Watchlist&kk=276008292d78a1f619f8bbc10840767b

8 (edited by TheFizza 2019-12-28 18:17:45)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

lighton wrote:

Yeah, Inhumans was a waste of money (and Anson Mount talent).

IDK if I agree with that, I liked:

  • Agents of SHIELD

  • Agent Carter

  • Cloak & Dagger

  • Legion

  • The Gifted

  • Powers (which is kind of MARVEL now)

I dare say I enjoyed ALL of the seasons of the above series, unlike many of the DC series. And much of the NETFLIX Avengers were decent. I mean as much as I love comics and comic related programing I dare say MARVEL really has a better over-all record in television and films. Only their animation has been spotty.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

TheFizza wrote:
lighton wrote:

Yeah, Inhumans was a waste of money (and Anson Mount talent).

IDK if I agree with that, I liked:

  • Agents of SHIELD

  • Agent Carter

  • Cloak & Dagger

  • Legion

  • The Gifted

  • Powers (which is kind of MARVEL now)

I dare say I enjoyed ALL of the seasons of the above series, unlike many of the DC series.

That's good. I've watched all but Powers, and must say that Legion and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were/are on a whole different level than the rest! The rest was (just) more or less okay.

10 (edited by merc_1 2019-12-31 12:37:47)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Cloak and Dagger was a drab show too weird and confusing. Why they were allowed to enter into the Runaways crossover I dont know; maybe owed them one more appearance?

I will miss Agents of Shield when it finally goes, except for that big bald brute of a black guy and his self righteous attitude, why on earth he was put in control of shield dont know,  was a big mistake as he was an oaf - I cant make up my mind if  it was the part he was playing or just the guy himself ( any one know any thing else  he has played?). As for hanging onto his digital  daughter in the  frame work made me want to scream ( do us all a favour and stay there and get snuffed out ). Maybe Fitz-Simmons should have been  in control for a  season? Thats a couple I will miss.

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

I will miss Agents of Shield when it finally goes, except for that big bald brute of a black guy and his self righteous attitude, why on earth he was put in control of shield dont know,  was a big mistake as he was an oaf - I cant make up my mind if  it was the part he was playing or just the guy himself

There are several people in real life where I've wondered why s/he was put in control... cool

merc_1 wrote:

As for hanging onto his digital  daughter in the  frame work made me want to scream ( do us all a favour and stay there and get snuffed out ). Maybe Fitz-Simmons should have been  in control for a  season? Thats a couple I will miss.

Many people make strange decisions... someone wants to stay in the (fictional) Framework, another one gets a (very real) big face tattoo. big_smile

Ex-con Puk Kireka, 31, who joined the Kiwi Mongrel Mob in 2008, complained "it will be hard to get a job with my tatts"

https://i.ibb.co/gJdBJHS/image.jpg

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

lighton wrote:
TheFizza wrote:


I liked:

  • Agents of SHIELD

  • Agent Carter

  • Cloak & Dagger

  • Legion

  • The Gifted

  • Powers (which is kind of MARVEL now)

I dare say I enjoyed ALL of the seasons of the above series, unlike many of the DC series.

That's good. I've watched all but Powers, and must say that Legion and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were/are on a whole different level than the rest! The rest was (just) more or less okay.

Yes, LEGION was on another level... that's for sure! It was like a Bill Sienkiewicz comic come to life, it all it's glory.

And while I did/do love SHIELD I feel it's most definitely on the same level as Powers and Cloak & Dagger, it only had more time/seasons to grow. Whereas Carter was FANTASTIC (especially season one) and The Gifted was REALLY just the what I always wanted from a live-action X-Men... But then, the X comics are my jam!

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

13 (edited by TheFizza 2020-01-03 08:14:32)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

Cloak and Dagger was a drab show too weird and confusing. Why they were allowed to enter into the Runaways crossover I dont know; maybe owed them one more appearance?

You see, I loved how WEIRD it was and I'm not sure what you thing was confusing but I felt it was the EXACT opposite. I personally found it to be the most well plotted and focused of any of the MARVEL series.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

TheFizza wrote:

And while I did/do love SHIELD I feel it's most definitely on the same level as Powers and Cloak & Dagger, it only had more time/seasons to grow. Whereas Carter was FANTASTIC (especially season one) and The Gifted was REALLY just the what I always wanted from a live-action X-Men... But then, the X comics are my jam!

TheFizza wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

Cloak and Dagger was a drab show too weird and confusing. Why they were allowed to enter into the Runaways crossover I dont know; maybe owed them one more appearance?

You see, I loved how WEIRD it was and I'm not sure what you thing was confusing but I felt it was the EXACT opposite. I personally found it to be the most well plotted and focused of any of the MARVEL series.

Did we watch the same shows? big_smile Cloak & Dagger (6.8 @ IMDb) must have had a way smaller budget: fewer (and less refined) actors/actresses, quality locations, cars, explosions, ... and more drama than Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (7.5 @ IMDb).

15 (edited by TheFizza 2020-01-10 09:19:08)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

lighton wrote:
TheFizza wrote:

You see, I loved how WEIRD it was and I'm not sure what you thing was confusing but I felt it was the EXACT opposite. I personally found it to be the most well plotted and focused of any of the MARVEL series.

Did we watch the same shows? big_smile Cloak & Dagger (6.8 @ IMDb) must have had a way smaller budget: fewer (and less refined) actors/actresses, quality locations, cars, explosions, ... and more drama than Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (7.5 @ IMDb).

Haha... it does sound like we didn't but then that's what's great about the time we're living in, there's a Comic Book Show for everyone smile

For me the MARVEL shows have been Legion, The Gifted, Agent Carter, Cloak & Dagger, Agents of SHIELD, The Defenders, Daredevil, Luke Cage & Iron Fist.

And as for my personal rating of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger it's 4 out of 5 Stars.

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

16 (edited by lighton 2020-01-11 13:17:40)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

I watched a bit of the first eps afew days ago.Well havent we had enough of Glee? This seems to be Glee at Work? The lead actress, Jane Levy, from Suburgatory deserves better than this? ( every one sings but her up to the point when I stopped watching)


ADMIN EDIT: Let's discuss that show here: https://forum.next-episode.net/viewtopic.php?id=10053 smile

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Any one here   watch the latest DC Comics Cross Over? ( supergirl, legends, Arrow, Black lightning,Flash) Any one here hoping the anti- monitor had succeeded?

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

Any one here   watch the latest DC Comics Cross Over? ( supergirl, legends, Arrow, Black lightning,Flash) Any one here hoping the anti- monitor had succeeded?

Yes and no.

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

well just watched Supergirl and Batwoman and has been interesting how they used the Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover to make some  unexpected  twists to the stories

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

so after the Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover, Green Arrow becomes  Charlie's Angels without Charlie

21 (edited by TheFizza 2020-01-24 06:01:59)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

merc_1 wrote:

Any one here   watch the latest DC Comics Cross Over? ( supergirl, legends, Arrow, Black lightning,Flash) Any one here hoping the anti- monitor had succeeded?

Hahaha... I feel you I'm down to Black Lightning and maybe still Flash, when it comes to the CWDCU... that being said I did watch this season of Arrow (I was so confused at first because I had't watched in years) and after that last episode I might be down for the Canaries series.

As for the upcoming Stargirl show for the CW... I was a fan, as a kid, so I'm down to see what the CW did to her :\

https://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fe18e3ede310c4d0ddb3af64211e19ec

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

TheFizza wrote:
merc_1 wrote:

Any one here   watch the latest DC Comics Cross Over? ( supergirl, legends, Arrow, Black lightning,Flash) Any one here hoping the anti- monitor had succeeded?

Hahaha... I feel you I'm down to Black Lightning and maybe still Flash, when it comes to the CWDCU... that being said I did watch this season of Arrow (I was so confused at first because I had't watched in years) and after that last episode I might be down for the Canaries series.

As for the upcoming Stargirl show for the CW... I was a fan, as a kid, so I'm down to see what the CW did to her :\

I cant stand  Blacklightning, its too black for me , Bros

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

(Discussion split off from https://forum.next-episode.net/viewtopi … 8#p164748)

merc_1 wrote:

I am running out of things to watch.......

Not sure if you are joking, but if not, make sure to check out these:
https://next-episode.net/messiah
https://next-episode.net/devs
https://next-episode.net/the-outsider
https://next-episode.net/the-boys
https://next-episode.net/westworld
https://next-episode.net/preacher
https://next-episode.net/mr.-robot/

24 (edited by merc_1 2020-05-05 19:41:49)

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Want to watch. At the moment I have Ragnarok and Unorthodox lined up.  Just finished The latest The Last Kingdom, which I think is getting into a rut and surly must be near its last season? Looking forward to The Agents of Shield in a few weeks time

Re: merc_1 and TheFizza's off-topic discussion thread

Ragnarok is on my list too and I'm looking forward to the Agents coming back, the other two shows are not interesting to me.