Topic: Kodi on Amazon Fire stick updates

Premium member - newbie question- I have Kodi 17.1 running on an Amazon Fire stick along with the next-episode.net program add-on. Watching shows fully but they are not updating as "watched" in next-episode. Performed several restarts over the last couple of days and also confirmed that next-episode login was successful via Kodi. Finally confirmed that next-episode is running in the background in Kodi. Pretty sure that I am missing something simple.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: Kodi on Amazon Fire stick updates

Hm interesting.

I'm not sure if Kodi on amazon fire stick is any different than other Kodi installations, but I'll ping the developer of the add-on for some insight of what may be going on here.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Thank you!

Just checking to see if the developer has any ideas for me to try.  I'd hate to cancel my subscription but I'm looking for a solution that will work automatically.  Since it works for others, it seems that there is some sort of setting that I'm missing but I just can't find it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Emailed the developer, will let you know in here once I have more info!

Cheers

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

I'm the developer. The plugin works only with Kodi media library, that is, with files that are stored locally or on network shares (file servers in your local network) and have been scanned into the Kodi database with various scrapers. It does not work with video plugins because there is no way to reliably tell if an item is a movie or an episode and which one exactly.

If you are indeed working with items from your medialibrary, then I need Kodi debug log (debug!!!)  taken while the issue occurs. Without the debug log it's Tarot cards reading.

Ok - now I understand.  I'm not working with items from my media library.  Simply watching programs on Exodus.  I appreciate the help.