Topic: ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Returning for Season 9 on HBO

Larry David’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” will return for Season 9 on HBO, the premium cabler announced Tuesday.

“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of ‘Curb’ and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” said Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming.

Asked why he decided to come back, David said, “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’”

The hit comedy stars “Seinfeld” co-creator David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO’s longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. David also starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation “Clear History.”

No details on a Season 9 premiere date or additional casting have been announced at this time. The show hasn’t aired new episodes since 2011, but back in 2012, HBO chairman and CEO Richard Plepler told reporters at the annual Television Critics Assn. press tour that David “essentially has carte blanche with us … And when he wants to come back and do ‘Curb,’ we’d be thrilled.”

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/curb-yo … 201795261/

Re: ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Returning for Season 9 on HBO

After a five-year hiatus, on June 14, 2016, it was announced that Larry David will be returning for a ninth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. He announced his return: "In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, 'I left, I did nothing, I returned.'" HBO stated that production is expected to begin in fall 2016 with a planned air date of 2017.Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the most acclaimed television shows of the 2000s, praised particularly for its writing and the comedic improvisational skills of the actors. The show has enjoyed largely positive critical reception since its debut and a steadily growing, dedicated audience that helped it emerge from its early "cult" status.The character of Larry on the show is in many ways reminiscent of the schlemiel character often present in traditional Yiddish folklore. The schlemiel is usually a comic character whose actions lead to his inevitable downfall, but also stands as a form of resistance to social and cultural values and norms. David Gillota wrote: "As a true schlemiel, Larry's failure serves as a direct challenge to the status quo and encourages viewers to question the myriad unwritten rules that we follow in our everyday lives."

A few weeks ago I had a dream that Larry David had died. I woke up and felt horrible. I think I may have cried in my dream. You gotta understand - I don't cry. Ben don't cry. But losin LD put me over the edge, at least nightmare-wise.

BenTheMan wrote:

A few weeks ago I had a dream that Larry David had died. I woke up and felt horrible. I think I may have cried in my dream. You gotta understand - I don't cry. Ben don't cry. But losin LD put me over the edge, at least nightmare-wise.

I think I love you

No I´m not Tom Hanks - duh!!