1 (edited by halne 2016-11-27 00:56:28)

Topic: Automatically add user who requested a show

As the "request a show" page only displays a certain number of shows requested, it's easy to lose track of what you've requested by the time it disappears off the page. Hence, there's no way to search for show's you've requested (which would normally done using the browser's "find in page" function).

Thus, it would be good to automatically add the user who requested a show.

Re: Automatically add user who requested a show

halne wrote:

Thus, ait would be good to automatically add the user who requested a show.

I'm not sure where you want to add the user to, but you can CTRL+F search on the page for your username and you'll see what you've requested.

The list shows enough entries to go back more than 2 weeks.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

3 (edited by halne 2016-11-27 00:55:56)

Sorry that I wasn't clear. I meant, to add the show to the user's watchlist when the user requests it (or, technically, when the admin adds the show).

btw, CTRL+F is what I was referring to, when I mentioned "Find in page". There is a lot of movement on the "request a show" page, and two weeks is often not enough when you forget for a while that you've requested a show, and it can drop off the end of the page.

The solution would be to add the show to the user's watchlist automatically when they've requested a show.

santah wrote:
halne wrote:

Thus, ait would be good to automatically add the user who requested a show.

I'm not sure where you want to add the user to, but you can CTRL+F search on the page for your username and you'll see what you've requested.

The list shows enough entries to go back more than 2 weeks.

Did my second post clarify things?  Do you think it's a good idea?  Is there any chance you'll implement it?

It is a good idea, but it's not so simple to implement and can lead to undesired consequences.

(for example, a user will rely solely on this and will not check back their request, while it's rejected because it's a duplicate or something)

It will not happen I'm afraid.

Simply check back after a few days and ctrl+f on the request page to see the status of your show(s).

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

OK, good point.

Probably the way to fix that is if the request moderators are able to enter a field that links to the show that the request is a duplicate of.

I suppose it's a lot of work. Oh well, please bear it in mind. smile

Thanks for all your hard work. Next Episode is brilliant!

halne wrote:

Probably the way to fix that is if the request moderators are able to enter a field that links to the show that the request is a duplicate of.

Or you could do a search first for your show  smile

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

I always do. Follow the conversation! tongue