Topic: One Way Sync?

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

Not too long ago I downloaded the iPhone app. I went through the tedious process of adding in all my shows and marking which episodes I watched before I even realized there was a website. So, after deciding I'm satisfied with the app, I made an account on the website.

Immediately after account creation, I logged in on the app. All that work I did disappeared. It was as if the app were a fresh install. I had the theory that if I logged out, it'd all return and I was right. But then that defeats the purpose of having the website account, right?

So, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing and I didn't let it sync or if it's just a one-way sync from site to app?

Re: One Way Sync?

Are your login details the same on the app as the site? (Username & Password)

Yep.

When I started using the app, I didn't have any login credentials. I just used the app. It was after that I realized there was an ability to sync with the website. So, I created my login and signed in on the app, expecting everything I did to be sync'd TO the site. Instead, it was as if I had installed the app fresh.

When I logged out on the phone, everything came back.

This one for Santah, I'm sure he will be online soon smile

@nyxgoldstone: Here is what to do to achieve what you want. Basically you just had to create an account directly from the app to have all your stuff moved there (and that account can be used on the web as well). You can still do it though:

1) ON THE APP - just logout of the newly created website account (and you'll get all your shows back)
2) ON THE APP - create an account (all your shows will be moved to it)
3) ON THE WEBSITE - use the account created in step 2 to login on the site smile

Let me know!

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

I'm having the same problem as @nyxgoldstone. I tried your solution, but it doesn't work. I entered all my shows on the app. Then I registered. I can't remember whether I registered in the app or on the website first. I used the same username and password for each. I can't see my shows in the app unless I log out. I can't see my shows at all on the website (when I'm logged in) whether I'm logged in in the app or not.

I've got it working now.

The iOS app is not letting me logon? Username and Password are the same

glfunk wrote:

The iOS app is not letting me logon? Username and Password are the same

Can you change the pass to something simpler temporarily to see if this is the issue? (there may be a character in the password that's messing up the iOS app).

Some characters in a password are reported to be causing login issues (this will be fixed in the very next app update).

Let me know

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e