Topic: Ex–Top Gear Trio Will Make a Car Show for Amazon Prime

Jeremy Clarkson has found his post-punch project: Alongside fellow ex–Top Gear hosts James May and Richard Hammond, the irascible Clarkson has signed on to host a new automotive series on Amazon Prime, which will start streaming sometime next year. It's a savvy move, contractually: The non-compete clause in the trio's old BBC contract apparently only forbade them from signing with a competing British channel for two years, and said absolutely nothing about working with the content-producing arm of an American logistics company. Meanwhile, we now know how Top Gear will hope to survive without the three ex-presenters: BBC Two has tapped Chris Evans (not that one) to host the long-running car show, with Formula 1 driver Jenson Button rumored as a potential co-host. As long as neither of them assault a producer over a lack of hot food, they should be fine.

Source

...where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

Daemons are benevolent or benign nature spirits, beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves.

Re: Ex–Top Gear Trio Will Make a Car Show for Amazon Prime

Honestly I couldn't care less. Top Gear has gotten worse in the last few years and I don't see them coming up with tons on new ideas. What I would be interested is the rebooted original Top Gear, especially if the rumors about hiring Jenson Button are true.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

After being sacked for beating someone up, I find it disgusting that they are carrying on as if nothing happened.
I agree with xrnzaaas, it's a crap show any way

DRM "manages access" in the same way that Prison "manages freedom".
http://xkcd.com/488/

nah you guys are just off... they gotta keep doing crazier stuff till it gets someone killed... cause i think that's what's really special about the show, the fact they survive most of the crazy shit they do ;-)

5 (edited by xrnzaaas 2015-08-01 18:31:47)

With the budget they have I bet they all take the necessary precautions (well, as much as it's possible in given conditions since they couldn't avoid Hammond's massive crash a few years back). A lot of the dangerous encounters they have in their materials are staged anyway to make things more dramatic. I always liked Top Gear for the car reviews and fast forwarded through the rest of the episode. Dropped the show when the reviews got shorter to make place for the "crazy shit".

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2966a511fdd8bb4a428730b3f318478

I watched top gear mainly for the road trips... not really much of a car person myself anyway.