Topic: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Hello everyone,

for some time we have added show images to our site. A redesign will come in the near future and those images will be part of everybodys main page.
Since many of these images are outdated they should be updated whenever there is a better image available. And who better could decide which image to use than you big_smile

So please use this forum to discuss or simply just rant about a shows image. And if we think you made a valid suggestion we will use your image.

It is important, that the suggested image is uploaded to an image hoster like imgur or ImageShack and you also upload the current/old image. But please use the next-episode image link as reference too, because the old image will get lost after the update and we can track easily what was updates and what not.

Thank you smile

/BB


---

Here's an example suggestion post:

What in the hell were you thinking when you used this picture for Wonder Woman. That show is not a comic! yikes

Old: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3067/wonderwoman.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/wonder-woman.jpg

Suggestions:
1: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7426/wwnbc.jpg

[color=red]Old[/color]: [img]image url[/img] [color=blue]Current:[/color] [img]image url[/img]

[color=green]Suggestions:[/color]
1: [img]image url[/img]
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

2 (edited by BlackBox 2011-03-19 15:18:02)

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Awesome , i'd love to help .

Breakout Kings

Old: http://i.imgur.com/cX5pj.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/breakout-kings.jpg

Suggestion:
http://i.imgur.com/XZf54.png

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

http://next-episode.net/pillars-of-the-earth

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad16 … vi_000.jpg

(too lazy to resize)
for santah:
(also, on tv.com it's THE Pillars of the Earth)

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

4 (edited by BlackBox 2011-03-19 16:15:33)

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Orlando wrote:

http://next-episode.net/pillars-of-the-earth

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad16 … vi_000.jpg

(too lazy to resize)
for santah:
(also, on tv.com it's THE Pillars of the Earth)

Done.

Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/the-pillars-of-the-earth.jpg

New:
http://i.imgur.com/u0y1G.png

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

New one for Fairly Legal smile

Old: http://i.imgur.com/uFQgB.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/fairly-legal.jpg

To:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1841/fairlylegal.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

And I want you to go on a hunt for a new Fringe image, the current one is not great IMHO - the show deserves better than this sad

Old: http://i.imgur.com/7vJHp.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/fringe.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Also , one for Camelot :

Old: http://i.imgur.com/c7GLp.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/camelot.jpg

New:
http://i.imgur.com/vGknF.png

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Hey , BB wanted to ask , you can change the thumbs right ? Cause i don't think Santah has the time for all of this . Just saying .

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Spyder23 wrote:

Hey , BB wanted to ask , you can change the thumbs right ? Cause i don't think Santah has the time for all of this . Just saying .

Hehe - that's exactly what I'm trying to prove to santah. He wants to do this manually on his own. If this topic keeps being active and a lot of suggestions are submitted he has to approve my tool request big_smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

BlackBox wrote:

And I want you to go on a hunt for a new Fringe image, the current one is not great IMHO - the show deserves better than this sad

Old: http://i.imgur.com/7vJHp.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/fringe.jpg

1 .
http://i.imgur.com/LYU1W.jpg

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

BlackBox wrote:
Spyder23 wrote:

Hey , BB wanted to ask , you can change the thumbs right ? Cause i don't think Santah has the time for all of this . Just saying .

Hehe - that's exactly what I'm trying to prove to santah. He wants to do this manually on his own. If this topic keeps being active and a lot of suggestions are submitted he has to approve my tool request big_smile

lol We'll see . Something else i wanted to say , i usually make this pictures .png , is that ok or i need to convert them to .jpg ?

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Spyder23 wrote:

i usually make this pictures .png , is that ok or i need to convert them to .jpg ?

Well - IMHO right now we can use JPG only, but that might change for quality reasons, since PNG is the better (lossless) choice. But PNG has slightly bigger file size, that could impact mobile device performance.


Another suggestion for General Hospital:

Old: http://i.imgur.com/1ZJup.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/general-hospital.jpg

To:
http://i.imgur.com/iba6u.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

And another one I stubled upon:

The Suite Life on Deck

Old: http://i.imgur.com/PcPG4.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/the-suite-life-on-deck.jpg

To:
http://i.imgur.com/T4RKg.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Old: http://i.imgur.com/7BUP6.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon.jpg

To:
http://i.imgur.com/pbiWS.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Spyder23 wrote:
BlackBox wrote:

And I want you to go on a hunt for a new Fringe image, the current one is not great IMHO - the show deserves better than this sad

Old: http://i.imgur.com/7vJHp.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/fringe.jpg

1 .
http://i.imgur.com/LYU1W.jpg

Very good - I could live with that smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

http://next-episode.net/boardwalk-empire

http://watchfreetvonline1.com/wp-conten … poster.jpg

http://next-episode.net/blue-bloods

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K7unNqdzYXQ/T … rtitle.png

http://next-episode.net/the-walking-dead

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/up … ombie1.jpg

http://next-episode.net/haven

http://www.todayshottrends.net/images/n … V-Show.jpg

http://next-episode.net/episodes

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl … sodes1.jpg

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

I only approve Haven and Episodes, the other ones would be no improvement IMHO tongue

But for TWD I would suggest:

Old: http://i.imgur.com/CMXek.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/the-walking-dead.jpg

To:
http://i.imgur.com/Z4InB.jpg

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

oh shit smile well, we'll see if this keeps being that active after the first few requests are done with smile

you can guys use png or jpg, it doesn't matter, I'll go over them and optimize em anyway

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

santah wrote:

oh shit smile well, we'll see if this keeps being that active after the first few requests are done with smile

you can guys use png or jpg, it doesn't matter, I'll go over them and optimize em anyway

santah - please tell us exactly what you mean by "optimize them", since we already adjust the size and format wink
And I'll use PNG in the future, since it's lossless...

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

20 (edited by Spyder23 2011-03-19 10:53:31)

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

BlackBox wrote:

I only approve Haven and Episodes, the other ones would be no improvement IMHO tongue

But for TWD I would suggest:

Old: http://i.imgur.com/CMXek.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/the-walking-dead.jpg

To:
http://i.imgur.com/Z4InB.jpg

for the Haven one :
Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/haven.jpg

New:
http://i.imgur.com/SQBvf.jpg

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

Episodes :

Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/episodes.jpg

New:
http://i.imgur.com/avAeX.png

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

BlackBox wrote:
santah wrote:

oh shit smile well, we'll see if this keeps being that active after the first few requests are done with smile

you can guys use png or jpg, it doesn't matter, I'll go over them and optimize em anyway

santah - please tell us exactly what you mean by "optimize them", since we already adjust the size and format wink
And I'll use PNG in the future, since it's lossless...

I mean I run it through a jpeg optimization tool that keeps good quality while reducing the size 3-4-5 times. (from normally around 30k to around 8-10)

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

santah wrote:

I mean I run it through a jpeg optimization tool that keeps good quality while reducing the size 3-4-5 times. (from normally around 30k to around 8-10)

Hmm - and what do you do with PNG images? Also a JPG conversion and optimization? If so then we could stop caring about quality issues wink

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=f2f78bbc2ae515f1a55746f794066001

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

1 option for Mad Love .

Old: http://i.imgur.com/E7EHd.jpg Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/mad-love.jpg

To :
http://i.imgur.com/qnINK.png

I'll try to make one with the whole gang later.

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c

Re: Show Images - Feedback and Updates Requests

I know it's canceled but it doesn't matter , here it needs to look good .

The Cape

Current: http://next-episode.net/tv-show-image/the-cape.jpg

Suggestions:
http://i.imgur.com/TQYI1.png or http://i.imgur.com/rMjDH.png

http://next-episode.net/img/ne-link.png

http://i.imgur.com/6zvYE.jpg
http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=fae192a45e22f2ea2fece89557aebb4c