Re: Suggest TV Series

life  ( or the old show alias)

Allways looking for a new good show to watch :-)

Since bambi doesn't have a sig, I can't really suggest anything. But i'd like to hear what you guys can suggest for me smile

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=2d17990190320dea93da23f61a0c244b

@ trifonius
Sense you seem to like comic. Perhaps Better Off Ted and Breaking Bad are something for you. Breaking Bad is a drama but with kind of dark humor which i love big_smile

Impressive watchlist Mirano but a very important title is missing: House. I know, it's not so new but I think you should give  it a try!

And if you like House then I recommend another hospital comedy/drama: Nurse Jackie - I  got hooked up from the first episode smile

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

Hey pablo, I can't believe you don't have Doctor Who or Torchwood on your watchlist - you should definitely watch them.  smile

pablo-pancho wrote:

Impressive watchlist Mirano but a very important title is missing: House. I know, it's not so new but I think you should give  it a try!

And if you like House then I recommend another hospital comedy/drama: Nurse Jackie - I  got hooked up from the first episode smile

I have tried watching House, and i can't stand it! tongue There's just something about him i hate

@ karenbear
no True Blood? yikes

Mirano wrote:
pablo-pancho wrote:

I have tried watching House, and i can't stand it! tongue There's just something about him i hate

@ karenbear
no True Blood? yikes

I watched the first couple of episodes and I hated it!

KB! It's hard to suggest something for you, but have you tried Point Pleasant? Or Reunion?

All they have to do is put more lesbians in it, and it will become great!

Mxyzptlk's watchlist

Didn't they both get cancelled really early?  I'm sick of watching shows that can't go anywhere because they're not being made anymore.  wink

They're both good, but I also believe that they both ended with cliffhangers big_smile I love to recommend that kind of shows so that other people can feel and understand my pain!

Mxyzptlk's watchlist

Well then I want to recommend a show that I love called Now and Again.  tongue

Sounds boring wink

Mxyzptlk's watchlist

I'm probably not the right person to recommend it to you - I've totally gone off it.

You definitely have to suspend your disbelief with regard to maths - they use it in a completely unrealistic way.

The first couple of seasons were quite enjoyable, but now I'm just sick of the whole premise.

truskawa wrote:

You have a lot on your watchlist but I will strongly recommend Skins to everybody! It is not popular here but it is definetly a good one!

Give me sth good. But I'm not that much into sci-fi.

Watch a couple of episodes of skins now, and so far I really enjoy it smile Thanx for the tip smile

nivalis wrote:

I noticed that you (KB and mzxyptkl) have a show called NUMB3RS in your watchlist, is it any good?
Thing is, I think I might have seen an episode long time ago, I didn't like it and that's why I haven't seen the rest i guess. but maybe I haven't given it a fair chance?
What i didn't like about that episode was the way they portrayed math, like it's something magic that is so inherently difficult that it's not even worth explaining. It could have been awesome imho, if they had put the emphasis on how they got to their conclusions, not just 'lets modify the drake equation, and TAKE THE FOURIER TRANSFORM OF THAT!, which leads me to think that it was actually.. Timmy who did it!'

Actually, I think that you would like it, in the way that you have something to mock and complain about on Saturday and Sunday mornings wink Otherwise, it's more of a time filler... The show do have some highlights, but on a whole, it's pretty average...

Mxyzptlk's watchlist

41 (edited by kelimar 2009-07-11 03:13:48)

I´m gonna suggest The middleman, it´s been cancelled i know but i still recomend it

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=59559c8cf17482773c1d895bb40541dc

karenbear wrote:
Mirano wrote:

@ karenbear
no True Blood? yikes

@ Mirano
hmmm... you don't like dr Gregory House? But you like dark humor... what about Dexter then?

@karenbear
I really like True Blood and it brings a great discomfort to me because you are always right (which means I'm wrong in this case... damn!). tongue
Dr Who - I never watched it, I did watch a couple of first eps of Torchwood and I didn't like it. I expect Dr Who and Torchwood to be quite similar...

@kelimar
Battlestar Galactica - you must have mistakingly omitted it...

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Osiris_Wesir/worthwatch_zpsb42c769a.jpg

pablo-pancho wrote:

Dr Who - I never watched it, I did watch a couple of first eps of Torchwood and I didn't like it. I expect Dr Who and Torchwood to be quite similar...

Dr Who ain't like Torchwood, it's a lot better.
for me Torchwood is meh, but i still gonna continue watching second season someday, but Dr Who is just brilliant.

pablo-pancho wrote:

Dr Who and Torchwood are very, very different!  smile

Indeed, Pablo... counting out Doctor who because of torchwood is a grave mistake...

Mxyzptlk's watchlist

46 (edited by Mirano 2009-07-11 09:23:51)

pablo-pancho wrote:
karenbear wrote:
Mirano wrote:

@ karenbear
no True Blood? yikes

@ Mirano
hmmm... you don't like dr Gregory House? But you like dark humor... what about Dexter then?

Think i might give Dexter a go, I have thought for a while that I should watch Dexter to see if it's any good but never got around to it.

I'd suggest "Day Break" which was a half-season filler during a long LOST break... It's kinda awesome. You'd enjoy it I'm sure... Oh... and "JPod"

48 (edited by penguin 2009-07-11 15:56:03)

nivalis wrote:

Mirano, Dexter is a good choice, especially the first season which follows the plot from the book.
It's got some pretty dark humour and has well developed characters imho.

http://saker.itachi.se/dexterhumerusbleh.jpg

Season 1 & 2 were great, but I just couldn't get into Season 3.

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=a4611803068fce33e732d6912c540a82

I didn't enjoy S01 as much as S02 or S03.

My list of Dexter seasons are:
S02
S03
S01

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/OrlandoNEP.png

All 3 seaons were pretty good I thought.

But everything is relative.

If you judge Dexter only in it's own vacuum - I'd say season 1 and 2 to be of equal (super high) quality, while 3 was a bit weaker, but just a bit, still very enjoyable.

In any case, just watch it, you can't go wrong with Dexter, and you'll probably be hooked right after episode 1 (like with Breaking Bad which I see you watch)

http://next-episode.net/sig/sig.php?alias=default&kk=5ba0ff0eba240dd51b6bf07fff0abb0e